Early versions of replacement score

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DB1984
Banned

Early versions of replacement score

Post by DB1984 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:05 pm

I heard that very early on, when the Yamamoto BGM was first replaced, they used pieces of music from the first three DBZ movies. However, these would be replaced by other Kikuchi tracks.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Re: Early versions of replacement score

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:52 pm

That is true.

Unfortunately, I don't have any clips I can point to. Clips do exist, though, and Kei17 probably has them. I remember liking some of the original Kikuchi replacement tracks a lot better than the ones they finally settled on. I forget why some of the Kikuchi tracks couldn't be used. I vaguely recall something like a mono/stereo issue? Or certain tracks before a certain date not being available for use...?

I dunno, my memory on the specifics is sketchy. This is the part where we hope Kei will show up and explain the situation.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Re: Early versions of replacement score

Post by ShinGaijin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:02 pm

Oh, that old story...
From what I remember, those episodes (eps 91 & 92, maybe more ? ) were aired on Akita TV.
TheBlackPaladin wrote:This is the part where we hope Kei will show up and explain the situation.
I think so. :lol: My memories about this are so vague.