The CW's (4kids/Saban) Full intros

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son Goku
Regular

Re: The CW's (4kids/Saban) Full intros

Post by Son Goku » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:07 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Yeah, they did edit Frieza's crotch, because they didnt want anyone to think there's a male bulge there. I cant find an specific video but the edit is present when Goku Defeats Frieza.

EDIT: Added Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeM9AwB5eHM
Yep, there it is. Complete with the inexplicable timecode. Thanks for the link! :lol:
I also go by "veemonjosh".

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:39 pm

Thanks for the clips and information. This kinda reminds me of when Z first aired with the Ocean cast, and those of us who had seen fansubs discussed where the edits were at. Those sparkles when Freeza was chopped up was really, different. I have Kai on Blu-ray and have watched it through once, and caught a few episodes on TV here and there on Cartoon Network, but I'd never seen any of these edited cuts before. Neat thread idea, It was interesting to see that stuff.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

The heck does "should of" even mean anyway? Think about what those two words mean individually, and then try to read them back to back in a sentence and make sense of it. Are you forming a prepositional phrase, is "should" a part of a larger grouping, or are you just typing random words based on how you think you hear them used verbally? Perhaps take a moment to contemplate this, and see if it becomes as mind jarring for you to look at as it does for me..

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:46 pm

Wow! There was such a discussion even then!? I mean I shouldnt be surprised! After all DBZ Uncensored was a thing but still...
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:06 pm

Brah, the nostalgia is strong. These were awesome.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:45 pm

I love you Bansho and sure, I love Toonzai and Vortexx, but I'm honestly surprised you think this is awesome LOL. Sure its the most awesome thing to a kid without cable who is caught between Hannah Montana and a hard place but still! I'm glad you enjoy these nevertheless lol.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:50 pm

I used to hooked on this man! :D Like, some of these are pretty bad, but the nostalgia is mainly what makes me like them. Grabbing my Trix cereal, my O.J, and flipping on some early Saturday morning DBZ Kai were some of the best times.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:55 pm

Ummmm... how old are you? I dont want to be like a pedophile declaring my love of children...Even though I do adore children. I want to work on Kids TV and bring more anime LOL.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:01 pm

15. I might have to get some recordings of CW Kai myself.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:42 pm

Wow! So young and already such a knowledgeable fan! And I thought you were older than me!

Never be said 4kids and Saban didnt introduce quality fans into the franchise!