The CW's (4kids/Saban) Full intros

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

The CW's (4kids/Saban) Full intros

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:35 pm

I want to see them again, especially the ones that remove Shenron. I loved the exposure the network gave the show but god was that stupid.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Re: The CW's (4kids/Saban) Full intros

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:00 pm

I'm sorry, when did Saban have any influence in the 4kids cut of Kai?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Danfun64 wrote:I'm sorry, when did Saban have any influence in the 4kids cut of Kai?
They were behind the Vortexx, which replaced the CW 4Kids block. If anything they may have been involved with the further edits for the Cell arc, but that would probably be the extent of it.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:10 pm

Oops! Sorry, I meant to say The CW, The original title was just The CW, (They demanded all the edits, and to 4kids and Saban's credit they did pretty well in keeping the spirit and plot of the show). 4kids did the Sheron edit first but Saban continued to do it even after the opening evolved to show the androids and so on. But yeah, it was mostly The CW.

Also THANK YOU for posting in this thread guys, I thought it was going to dry!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:06 pm

IIRC, the Vortexx cut, while still editing more than the Nicktoons cut (Popo is still blue), still edited less than what 4kids did (Blue Popo had big red lips again)
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:14 pm

Yeah that was nice of them!

Anyone have the intros? All I can find on Youtube are videos with whiny commentary in them...

Nickolaus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nickolaus » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:09 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Yeah that was nice of them!

Anyone have the intros? All I can find on Youtube are videos with whiny commentary in them...
Are there any changes in the openings for the CW version besides the removal of Shenlong? I have an almost complete collection of the episodes sitting here. I'd be willing to edit them and upload the openings online. I know they're a bit harder to find.

= = = = = = = = = =

Opening #1
Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Censored CW Opening (001 - 029)

Opening #2
Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Censored CW Opening (030 - 054)

Opening #3
Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Censored CW Opening (055 - 068)

Opening #4
Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Censored CW Opening 4 (069 - 098)

Alright, they're all uploaded. Enjoy.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Youi are so AWESOME! I'm in your debt!

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:06 pm

Nickolaus wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Yeah that was nice of them!

Are there any changes in the openings for the CW version besides the removal of Shenlong? I have an almost complete collection of the episodes sitting here. I'd be willing to edit them and upload the openings online. I know they're a bit harder to find.

= = = = = = = = = =

Opening #1
Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Censored CW Opening (001 - 029)

Opening #2
Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Censored CW Opening (030 - 054)

Opening #3
Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Censored CW Opening (055 - 068)

Opening #4
Dragon Ball Z Kai - The Censored CW Opening 4 (069 - 098)

Alright, they're all uploaded. Enjoy.
In the first opening they took out Vegeta punching Goku in the face and extended the beam struggle to make up for the time that was cut. Can't say for the others, though.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Dont forget the removal of Shenron. But apparently they did it because an Sponsor complained and Money is always right lol. I really miss Vortexx. Really little kids watched it and loved it.

Nickolaus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nickolaus » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:08 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Youi are so AWESOME! I'm in your debt!
It's the best I can do! Footage for the show is a bit hard to find on YouTube and the footage that does exist sometimes has commentary. i did see an intro online but the video was squished.
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Dont forget the removal of Shenron. But apparently they did it because an Sponsor complained and Money is always right lol. I really miss Vortexx. Really little kids watched it and loved it.
I'd love to see a source for this. That would be absolutely hilarious to read.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:18 pm

It was on 4kids' Otaku Friendly Facebook account Toonzaki. I'll see if I can still find it. YES! Its still on! But abandoned. I doubt I can find the quote though.

https://www.facebook.com/Toonzaki/?fref=ts

Also would it be much of a bother if I asked you could upload the Vortexx version of Trunks VS Frieza? Not the episode but rather a clip of it?

TheQuazz
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheQuazz » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:41 am

Here's some high quality versions of the intros:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 2Xw9--Dq-B

Nickolaus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nickolaus » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:16 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:It was on 4kids' Otaku Friendly Facebook account Toonzaki. I'll see if I can still find it. YES! Its still on! But abandoned. I doubt I can find the quote though.

https://www.facebook.com/Toonzaki/?fref=ts

Also would it be much of a bother if I asked you could upload the Vortexx version of Trunks VS Frieza? Not the episode but rather a clip of it?
I'm willing to upload any clips that you want. Just give me an episode number and I'll do it for you. Anyways, here you go. I didn't know which part you wanted, so here's three minutes of footage. It's been awhile since I've reviewed the footage, but you can tell they replaced Freeza's blood with pretty sparkles! Unlike in the Nicktoons broadcast, they actually do show some of the blood. They also don't show the separation of him either, just like the Nicktoons edit IIRC.

Dragon Ball Z Kai The CW Censored Broadcast - Episode 56 - Future Trunks vs Mecha Freeza
TheQuazz wrote:Here's some high quality versions of the intros:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 2Xw9--Dq-B
These are not the censored versions that the OP was requesting. You can easily tell because Shenlong is not removed in the intro.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:08 pm

WHOA AWESOME! I love you man! You rock!

Shame I couldnt find the quote you were looking for. It was funny lol.

Nickolaus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nickolaus » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:WHOA AWESOME! I love you man! You rock!

Shame I couldnt find the quote you were looking for. It was funny lol.
You're all good! I'll find it one of these days.

If you're wanting anymore clips, lemme know. It's a shame that the official MyVortexx [website that once hosted these episodes for free is down. Do you by chance know any information regarding if The CW ever broadcast Dragon Ball Kai in full? I couldn't find much about it online.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:13 pm

They broadcasted all of the episodes that are currently dubbed, yes. They didnt air the Buu Saga, obviously but they did air all of the currently dubbed episodes.-

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:59 pm

Did you accidentally upload the same video twice?
Nickolaus wrote:I'm willing to upload any clips that you want. Just give me an episode number and I'll do it for you.
I'd love to see if you have the scene where they edited Frieza's crotch and left in a time code every frame where it was edited. It was somewhere in 50 or 51.
I also go by "veemonjosh".

Nickolaus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nickolaus » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:23 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:They broadcasted all of the episodes that are currently dubbed, yes. They didnt air the Buu Saga, obviously but they did air all of the currently dubbed episodes.-
That's a disappointment. Guess I'll never be able to complete the collection of it. I only have ~75 episodes archived and those were the ones posted on Vortexx's website.
Son Goku wrote:
Did you accidentally upload the same video twice?
Nickolaus wrote:I'm willing to upload any clips that you want. Just give me an episode number and I'll do it for you.
I'd love to see if you have the scene where they edited Frieza's crotch and left in a time code every frame where it was edited. It was somewhere in 50 or 51.
I didn't upload the same video. I had to actually double check it, too. In fact, I just checked for the third time. Episode 54 (the last episode that has the second intro) doesn't appear to have changed anything. The scenes of Freeza evolving into his various forms is actually removed in the Nicktoons broadcast as well. It's quite strange, because the Nicktoons broadcast was less censored than The CW broadcast. I mean, if you're really wanting me to, I could upload the Nicktoons broadcast and show you that they never showed Freeza evolving either.

Also, could you please elaborate on what they edited about Freeza's crotch? I'm a bit uninformed about that.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:25 am

Yeah, they did edit Frieza's crotch, because they didnt want anyone to think there's a male bulge there. I cant find an specific video but the edit is present when Goku Defeats Frieza.

EDIT: Added Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeM9AwB5eHM