How Funimation should handle DBZK: The Final Chapters' openings and endings

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

How Funimation should handle DBZK: The Final Chapters' openings and endings

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:40 am

When you look at their original Part-releases for the original Kai series, they featured a new singer for each new release. Well, I feel like this trend should continue when they FINALLY release TFC. I feel this way because The Final Chapters version of the Kai Buu Saga literally has the SAME OPENING AND ENDING theme for the whole series. So, it actually works better to feature a new singer for both the openings and endings for each release. Pointless? Probably. But since they already did this for the original Kai with the openings, why not do it again?

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Re: How Funimation should handle DBZK: The Final Chapters' openings and endings

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:00 am

I think they should do this because the original version of the opening and ending are hard to understand due to the singers not knowing English very well.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:08 pm

The songs are already in English, so they'll almost certainly stay as is for the eventual English release.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:49 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:The songs are already in English, so they'll almost certainly stay as is for the eventual English release.
I agree. Plus I doubt they were even given the instrumentals for the songs as none of the other countries got them since they supposedly weren't allowed to dub them

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:28 am

I gotta say, as much as I enjoyed some of the English versions of "Dragon Soul"(particularly Vic Mignogna and Sean Schemmel) there were some versions that didn't sound all that great. It was cool having them change it up every now and then to add some variety, but not all of the cast members were great singers. I actually really like the current versions of "Fight it out" and "Never give up", so to me it wouldn't be the end of the world if they were left undubbed.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:55 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if Funi left "Fight it out" and "Never give up" alone for the home video releases. It also wouldn't surprise me if the opening is cut entirely on Toonami (Thanks to Final Chapters having a 5 second opening indent) and the closing credits are edited down to 30 seconds per episode.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.