What the hell happened to Buu Kai in America (Both USA and Latin)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

What the hell happened to Buu Kai in America (Both USA and Latin)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:45 pm

I wonder if Toei isnt bringing it for some reason. They are shooting themselves in the foot by being so mysterious and closed about this. I know for a fact that both Brazil and Latin America are basically done and waiting for Cartoon Network to air it...

...I answered my own question. Its Cartoon Network. They surely are giving Toei a lot of trouble.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Vaughngief
Not-So-Newbie

Re: What the hell happened to Buu Kai in America (Both USA and Latin)

Post by Vaughngief » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:48 am

If anything it's Toei giving everyone a hard time. Cell arc is coming to an end on Toonami, so we'll know soon.

AzuraRacon
Beyond Newbie

Re: What the hell happened to Buu Kai in America (Both USA and Latin)

Post by AzuraRacon » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:38 am

I think in the US it's been an issue of there being no place to properly air it and Funimation (and probably Toei as well) not wanting to send it straight to home release until they were 100% sure there was no chance to get it on TV

And then (apparently) when Toonami popped up as the perfect place for it to air, CW held onto the rights even past the point of no longer hosting the block they aired it on. Though I've never been totally clear on if that was the reason it took toonami so long to pick it up