Blu-ray Box VS Blu-ray Box Collections

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperKirillin
Not-So-Newbie

Blu-ray Box VS Blu-ray Box Collections

Post by SuperKirillin » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:08 am

Nine Dragon Ball Kai Box releases were released by Toei Animation.

Later In conjunction with the broadcast of the “Majin Boo arc” of Dragon Ball Kai in April 2014, and its subsequent home video release, Toei announced it would be releasing larger collections compiled from the previously released Blu-ray Boxes. The collections follow the previous story arc split with the first 54 episodes comprising the “Saiyan & Freeza arc” and the remaining 44 episodes comprising the “Artificial Human & Cell arc”

What is the difference between the Dragon Ball Kai Box releases and the Dragon Ball Kai Box collection releases?

The Box collection releases included an exclusive booklet. Does this include everything from the Box release booklets?

The Box collections feature Shunsuke Kikuchi’s replacement score. Is it possible to get the all the Box releases featuring Shunsuke Kikuchi’s replacement score?

Are both of these releases still available for purchase?

sintzu
Banned

Re: Blu-ray Box VS Blu-ray Box Collections

Post by sintzu » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:00 pm

SuperKirillin wrote:

What is the difference between the Dragon Ball Kai Box releases and the Dragon Ball Kai Box collection releases?

The Box collection releases included an exclusive booklet. Does this include everything from the Box release booklets?

The Box collections feature Shunsuke Kikuchi’s replacement score. Is it possible to get the all the Box releases featuring Shunsuke Kikuchi’s replacement score?

Are both of these releases still available for purchase?
They're both still on Amazon JP.

I don't kow much about either of them but it seems that the box sets just collect the parts into a more affordable collection.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:42 pm

I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure the first Box Sets feature the Yamamoto score, at least up until Jinzouningen Box 2, while the collective sets feature only the Kikuchi Score. There's a sliiight chance the former sets could've been repackaged to have the replacement score as well, but it wouldn't make much sense to do so after going through the effort of producing another set that fulfills the correction

I wouldn't be able to tell you whether the newer sets have a Dragon Book.

SuperKirillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperKirillin » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:33 am

TheOverlyMadHatter wrote:I wouldn't be able to tell you whether the newer sets have a Dragon Book.
Here in Kanzenshuu it stated that the newer sets have their own exclusive Dragon Book. I just need to know whether everything from the older Dragon Books are included in the two new Dragon Books