Goten and Trunks' French voices in Episodes 166-167 of DBZ Kai: TFC

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZPolk01

Goten and Trunks' French voices in Episodes 166-167 of DBZ Kai: TFC

Post by ZPolk01 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:45 am

These episodes are the Kai versions of the End of Z episodes, where Goten is 17, Trunks is 18, and Goku meets Uub.
For some reason, Goten is still voiced by Brigitte Lecordier (similar to what happened with Goku at the end of Dragon Ball), but I will admit, her performance as Goten in that is better than her Goku at the end of Dragon Ball, anyways, Trunks is voiced by Antoine Nouel, yes the guy who voiced Trunks in GT, I think he did fine but I know even international Dragon Ball fans are, they're gonna complain about how he's voicing Trunks instead of Mark Lesser, who voiced Future Trunks, and voiced Gohan in the same episodes EoZ Trunks were in, which lead me to two questions:
1. Why is Trunks voiced by Antoine Nouel instead of Mark Lesser when he voiced Future Trunks, who looks exactly like EoZ Trunks, and he voiced Gohan in the same two episodes?

2. Why is Goten still voiced by Brigitte Lecordier, I mean, they gave him a male VA, David Lesser, so why couldn't they get a another male voice actor?