Is Kid Buu still considered the strongest Buu in Kai?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Is Kid Buu still considered the strongest Buu in Kai?

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:11 am

Kai is supposed to be more faithful to the manga, but I heard it still keeps the implication of Kid Buu being the strongest.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Is Kid Buu still considered the strongest Buu in Kai?

Post by RehBeh » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:47 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Kai is supposed to be more faithful to the manga, but I heard it still keeps the implication of Kid Buu being the strongest.
From what I remember no. Kai however keeps the anime version of Hell.
The part in Z where Kid Boo is considered the strongest is an incosistency, contradicts the manga and shouldn't be taken seriously. At least that's my opinion on the subject.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:15 am

Some say Kid Buu is strongest, some say Super Buu is strongest. I think they're both on the same level but the difference is that Super Buu lost his mind once Vegeta pulled Fat Buu out of him so not only does he have Super Buu's power but he's also VERY crazy.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:50 am

My understanding was that losing fat buu was more of a mental change than him getting weaker.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:50 pm

dragonballgeek wrote:My understanding was that losing fat buu was more of a mental change than him getting weaker.
One thing that's brought up when comparing their power is Goku saying he and Vegeta would be killed if they fought Super Buu while they both thought they could fight kid Buu but as it turned out, everything Goku was throwing at him did nothing so it seems like they both misjudged his power level.

The anime adds another element to this, him not letting them know his true power. he fought Vegeta in his base and Ssj2 forms, Goku in his Ssj2 & 3 forms. He also fought Fat Buu who at that point lost most of the power he had when he fought Goku and Vegeta due to gray Buu taking most of it when they separated. Buu could also be seriously injured by Kid Buu due to both of them being Buus. all of them and their forms have different power levels yet he toyes with each of them, leaving his true power level a complete mystery.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:18 pm

I'm completely fine with Kid Buu's actual battle power being slightly less than SS3 Goku's while his dormant power, which could be the one sensed by Goku in the Anime, would be quite a bit more than Super Buu's. I mean, there's nothing contradicting that since Boo was just fucking around for most of the fight.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Given the flow of events in DB Super, in which Akira Toriyama participates, I would dare say that contradiction is part of the reason why Kid Boo is the strongest. It's just something that we will have to accept and laugh about. That doesn't make it any less official, because the manga was written, and its editors in contact with Toei.