Looking for DBZ Kai in 16:9 with 5.1 Dolby digital audio

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Looking for DBZ Kai in 16:9 with 5.1 Dolby digital audio

Post by sangofe » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:27 pm

I know Funimation released Kai in full screen like this, but is Kai available in HD, wide screen with Dolby digital 5.1 audio?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Looking for DBZ Kai in 16:9 with 5.1 Dolby digital audio

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:02 pm

I'm 90% sure what you're looking for doesn't exist. Funimation's is likely the only dub that gets mixed in 5.1, but they've never put out a widescreen release. However, if I'm right in thinking the French Blu-rays are 16:9 (which I could be totally imagining), you could buy both, rip them to MKV's, and use a program like this to get what you want. Granted, it isn't the cheapest option, but it's probably the only way to do it without resorting to piracy.
Retired.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:39 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:if I'm right in thinking the French Blu-rays are 16:9 (which I could be totally imagining)
You are right, and the German Blu-Rays and Japanese DVDs (NOT the Japanese Blu-Rays) are also 16:9. This all refers to Kai 1.0 of course. Boo Kai is 16:9 in all regions, so you should just get Funi's Blu-Rays when they come out.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:57 am

Danfun64 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:if I'm right in thinking the French Blu-rays are 16:9 (which I could be totally imagining)
You are right, and the German Blu-Rays and Japanese DVDs (NOT the Japanese Blu-Rays) are also 16:9. This all refers to Kai 1.0 of course. Boo Kai is 16:9 in all regions, so you should just get Funi's Blu-Rays when they come out.
The picture quality along with the general encoding on the Japanese DVD's are pretty sub-par from what I understand, on top of being, y'know, DVD's. I didn't want to recommend those when better 16:9 options were available.
Retired.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:39 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Danfun64 wrote:
The picture quality along with the general encoding on the Japanese DVD's are pretty sub-par from what I understand, on top of being, y'know, DVD's. I didn't want to recommend those when better 16:9 options were available.

Thanks guys. Guess I'll have to import the French or German BDs and sync the US 5.1 track to the PAL video then.

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by genjosanzo8 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:45 am

for what i know french one can't be 5.1 the only french dragon ball things in 5.1 in france is ressurection F not even battle of gods is in 5.1

i never see other bd others than French, japanese and Us, did the german have japanese credits?
Did Spainor chinese got BD release? like they was using japanese credits masters for the final chapter i would be happy to see them

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:01 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:The picture quality along with the general encoding on the Japanese DVD's are pretty sub-par from what I understand, on top of being, y'know, DVD's. I didn't want to recommend those when better 16:9 options were available.
True, but I felt like they were worth noting. As for whether the French or the German Blu-Rays look better...
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.