Is it just me or does Kai TFC look better then Kai 1.0?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Is it just me or does Kai TFC look better then Kai 1.0?

Post by DHM211 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:12 pm

I'm not talking about colors I'm talking about the actual quality of the film. Kai TFC on average seems sharper, has better texture, and the line art seems better. Does it have to do with the film source for the Buu arc being better/newer? Toei's remaster being better then Q-TEC's (in this department), or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Is it just me or does Kai TFC look better then Kai 1.0?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:29 pm

The Boo Arc generally tends to look better no matter what release you point to, most likely because the source is newer and the palette, locations, etc are far superior than its immediate predecessor.
DHM211 wrote:Kai TFC on average seems sharper, has better texture, and the line art seems better.
It's sharper because they use heavier sharpening filters, the line art is most likely better because the source is newer. As for texture, TFC doesn't hold up well at all against Kai 1.0, but I don't the actual drawn textures are what you're referring to. You're referring to the fact that Kai 1.0 went for a very soft look in comparison to TFC, it has to do with that "sharpness" you mentioned.
Retired.