A "Silly and Lame" English version of Kai.

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: A "Silly and Lame" English version of Kai.

Post by NitroEX » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:04 am

MR.Mark wrote:Either way it would of been interesting to hear Scott in the kai dub with proper direction from Sabat.
Sabat's directing seems to often go hand in hand with rushed sounding line deliveries, that might be a sign of the scripts being too wordy but it would be an easy thing to fix if they at least noticed it as a problem first.

Karl Willems is the ideal director for me, the deliveries of his actors are usually spoken at a more natural pace and I rarely encounter any rushed sounding takes in his dubs.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:11 am

NitroEX wrote:
MR.Mark wrote:Either way it would of been interesting to hear Scott in the kai dub with proper direction from Sabat.
Sabat's directing seems to often go hand in hand with rushed sounding line deliveries, that might be a sign of the scripts being too wordy but it would be an easy thing to fix if they at least noticed it as a problem first.

Karl Willems is the ideal director for me, the deliveries of his actors are usually spoken at a more natural pace and I rarely encounter any rushed sounding takes in his dubs.
He directed Escaflowne, didn't he? That wasn't a very good dub IMO.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:47 am

NitroEX wrote:

Well in terms of Dragon ball material his direction lately seems fine to me. I mainly used that as a example of wanting to hear Scott under direction not as abysmally bad as the westwood dub.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Yeah, I see no problems with Sabat's voice direction lately.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.