Dragon Ball Kai Part 4 Blu-ray with Kikuchi Score

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Arian
Banned

Dragon Ball Kai Part 4 Blu-ray with Kikuchi Score

Post by Arian » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:18 pm

Parts 1-4 are supposed to contain Kenji Yamamoto's soundtrack, but as seen here, I've been had! It appears as though FUNimation slipped some copies with Kikuchi's soundtrack by undetected.

In fact, the back of the box still credits Kenji Yamamoto for the music.

So I've prepared a little video showcasing this error from start to finish, just so that the potential buyer beware of FUNi's mistakes and doesn't get swindled like I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzs1BB89jiU

Sorry that you have to sit through a bit of fluff, I uploaded it directly from my phone and made a point not to edit it just to prove that I did not mess with it at all and that this mismatch is 100% real.

Also, here's a picture of the Kenji Yamamoto credit in case you can't see it in the video.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Let me know your thoughts and be careful out there.
Was the hate for Kai largely unjustified?
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

The story of Kai's production is far more interesting than the actual product.
Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Kai Part 4 Blu-ray with Kikuchi Score

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:40 pm

I think the First Print of Dragon Ball Kai Part 4 got the Yamamoto score for U.S while every other Part 4 has Kikuchi so it's much harder to do a complete Yamamoto Score in the English releases. Funimation screws up the box credits over and over again with Kai :clap:
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Kai Part 4 Blu-ray with Kikuchi Score

Post by OmegaRockman » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:15 am

TheKingOfKamehamehas wrote:I think the First Print of Dragon Ball Kai Part 4 got the Yamamoto score for U.S while every other Part 4 has Kikuchi so it's much harder to do a complete Yamamoto Score in the English releases. Funimation screws up the box credits over and over again with Kai :clap:
To be fair, it may have been a bit of a scramble for Funimation to get out the "proper" version in a time frame that would make Toei happy. It's understandable how some of this stuff would slip under the radar.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube