Which episodes of Kai have the "woosh" sound effect from the DBZ Opening?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Arian
Banned

Which episodes of Kai have the "woosh" sound effect from the DBZ Opening?

Post by Arian » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:10 pm

So long story short, I'm trying to re-create a perfect copy of the opening theme by taking the CD version of the CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA and applying the necessary sound effects to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHnfX1RmZX8

In the above video, it can be heard between 0:05-0:09.

I heard that you can hear this sound effect in Kai and I've found the first half of it in episode 01, but I have not been able to find the rest of it.

I thought I would give the Kanzenshuu forums to old college try before I have to painstakingly analyse every episode of Kai hoping to find it.

Does anybody know which episode(s) the second half of the "woosh" sound or perhaps all of it can be found within Kai?
Was the hate for Kai largely unjustified?
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

The story of Kai's production is far more interesting than the actual product.
Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Which episodes of Kai have the "woosh" sound effect from the DBZ Opening?

Post by KBABZ » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:21 pm

I can't place when exactly that sound effect might be heard, but it sounds very vehicular in nature so I'd search in episodes that have vehicles taking off; I think they might be the most likely source of producing that sound effect.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Re: Which episodes of Kai have the "woosh" sound effect from the DBZ Opening?

Post by Attitudefan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:26 pm

I swear that sound effect was used when Freeza was taking off in his vehicle or something akin to that.

You should look at the original Dragon Ball, especially moments in the RR arc, such as with the pirate robot. That, or when the king of the land tries to escape from Piccolo Daimao.

The World's Strongest DBZ movie has sounds similar to it with Wheelo if I recall correctly. The Raditz arc might have something as well, when Bulma, Roshi and Krillin use that vehicle to find Piccolo and Goku. That reminds me, the Saiyan spaceships make a similar sound when they take off and are flying around.

I don't think you'll find it beyond Semi-Perfect Cell. Your best bet would be early Z and the original Dragon Ball.

Also look into ripping sound effects from DBZ games if you can get your hands on them. You should start with ripping sounds from Budokai 1 and keep going into the more modern titles.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada