Question about the Kai Manga UK release

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Question about the Kai Manga UK release

Post by SuperCyan2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:40 pm

Q1: Are all copies final with the Yamamoto score and Kikuchi score?
Q2: Which season begins with the replacement score (Kikuchi)?
Q3: Related to Q1, did Manga UK bother to do a reprint with Kikuchi-only?

My guess about Q3 is that they didn't (they normally just take what Madman does and repackage it).

I already own the original FUNimation Kai Parts 1-4 but may consider ordering the AU-UK version to rewatch it.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Re: Question about the Kai Manga UK release

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:17 pm

As far as the UK Blu rays go Yamamoto lasts until the episode where Frieza goes into his 3rd Form, which is halfway through Season 2. As far as I know it has never been acknowledged or changed by Manga UK.

I did once read a review claiming the DVDs switched back and forth between the 2 scores from disc to disc though.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Question about the Kai Manga UK release

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:08 am

90sDBZ wrote:As far as the UK Blu rays go Yamamoto lasts until the episode where Frieza goes into his 3rd Form, which is halfway through Season 2. As far as I know it has never been acknowledged or changed by Manga UK.

I did once read a review claiming the DVDs switched back and forth between the 2 scores from disc to disc though.
Thanks.

I got Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD each for £1 w/ delivery on eBay (sold by Music Magpie) with a Paypal promotion. Just the fact that this has the original score makes it worth owning and for such a cheap price I couldn't refuse it. The Blu-rays definitely look better but going by experience, DVDs upscaled via my PS3/360 do a pretty good job and always have.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.