FUNimation made new reprints of Part 4 with Kikuchi?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

FUNimation made new reprints of Part 4 with Kikuchi?

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:34 am

Yes, that happened. At the time I suppose Part 4 was still relatively important since Part 5 had just been released but then, does this mean Parts 1-3 were also republished with the Z music?
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Re: FUNimation made new reprints of Part 4 with Kikuchi?

Post by songohan619 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:13 am

Yup! All parts that are out now, are the versions with the Kikuchi-score!

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:49 am

songohan619 wrote:Yup! All parts that are out now, are the versions with the Kikuchi-score!
All... all parts? Are you 100% sure about that?

But at least even with the new reprints it's not hard to get episodes 01-52 with the Yamamoto score legally, just buy off the used market, really. I'd suggest import the Manga UK version (Madman repackage) but the second season goes midway with the Kikuchi score. If only, if only they had switched from Yamamoto to Takaki it wouldn't have been a problem.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:
songohan619 wrote:Yup! All parts that are out now, are the versions with the Kikuchi-score!
All... all parts? Are you 100% sure about that?
Yes, it was quite a big deal at the time. When I bought the Season Sets, it was all Kikuchi.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:03 pm

KBABZ wrote:Yes, it was quite a big deal at the time. When I bought the Season Sets, it was all Kikuchi.
Glad I bought Parts 1-4 when they had just been released as I cherish the Yamamoto score very much, not so much the Kikuchi one.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:13 am

Ever since I found out Yamamoto plagiarized other music, for years even, I decide not to support him, so I prefer the Kikuchi score.

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:35 pm

Dagon wrote:Ever since I found out Yamamoto plagiarized other music, for years even, I decide not to support him, so I prefer the Kikuchi score.
Original yamamoto score is better than the kikuchi replacement score despite plagiarism
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:53 am

Dagon wrote:Ever since I found out Yamamoto plagiarized other music, for years even, I decide not to support him, so I prefer the Kikuchi score.
It doesn't really support him considering he was fired... Tho, I can understand not wanting to listen to his music, kinda... I think it sounds fantastic, and me enjoying it isn't harming anyone. I feel bad for those who had their compositions stolen, but that's no reason to not listen to music I love. Like his score for Super Gokuh-den. I need that in my life. :p
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:10 pm

IHaveNoUserName wrote:
Original yamamoto score is better than the kikuchi replacement score despite plagiarism
He literally ripped off Terminator Salvation among others. You might as well just turn on the soundtrack to your favorite movies in the background while you watch the show. Plagiarism does not make it better. It makes it worse because it's not original.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:34 pm

Dagon wrote:He literally ripped off Terminator Salvation among others. You might as well just turn on the soundtrack to your favorite movies in the background while you watch the show. Plagiarism does not make it better. It makes it worse because it's not original.
There are many, many composers from the West and Japan who have done the same as Yamamoto and continue to so if you're 100% against plagiarism then you'll have to refuse to watch movies/shows with their scores altogether.

Bill Conti's background music Rocky's Reward sounds unmistakably too much like a Zelda BGM but it just might be pure coincidence. Who knows.