Is Funimation's Edited Dub Still Airing? (And also, what about TFC's edited dub?)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Robo4900
I Live Here

Is Funimation's Edited Dub Still Airing? (And also, what about TFC's edited dub?)

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:02 pm

I'm wondering if Funimation's edited dub of Kai is still airing anywhere?
And also, if Funimation's edited dub of Kai: Final Chapters has aired at all, since I haven't found any clips or caps of it online anywhere, and I haven't heard any info on it at all.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Re: Is Funimation's Edited Dub Still Airing? (And also, what about TFC's edited dub?)

Post by Mewzard » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:36 pm

I don't think regular Kai is airing anywhere on TV right now. As for The Final Chapters, Toonami only I believe, which would be the uncut (and possibly only) dub.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: Is Funimation's Edited Dub Still Airing? (And also, what about TFC's edited dub?)

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:47 pm

Mewzard wrote:I don't think regular Kai is airing anywhere on TV right now.
I know Kai 1.0 is reairing in Japan right now, so Kai 1.0 is airing at least there. The big question is, are there any English-speaking countries currently airing it...?
Mewzard wrote:As for The Final Chapters, Toonami only I believe, which would be the uncut
You say Toonami... That's only Toonami US. There's also Toonami Africa, and I think Toonami India is still around for the moment...
Either way, I heard the edited Super dub is airing on Toonami Africa, so... I was wondering whether they were airing Kai or TFC too.
Mewzard wrote:(and possibly only) dub.
I seem to recall Sabat confirming its existence on Twitter at one point.
Either way, they almost certainly will have recorded an edited version. They did one for Super, they did one for Kai 1.0, so I don't see why TFC would be any different.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:06 pm

The only English speaking market to run TFC has been the USA. Funimation's inability to land a timely TV deal resulted in that show being old news by the time it finally started airing.

As far as I know, the original 98 episodes of Kai are not on any English TV channel anywhere. Toonami Asia/India ran Dragon Ball Z, not Kai.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Arian
Banned

Post by Arian » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:The only English speaking market to run TFC has been the USA. Funimation's inability to land a timely TV deal resulted in that show being old news by the time it finally started airing.

As far as I know, the original 98 episodes of Kai are not on any English TV channel anywhere. Toonami Asia/India ran Dragon Ball Z, not Kai.
They would air Kai on and off but it was the uncut version so it doesn't quite apply.
Was the hate for Kai largely unjustified?
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

The story of Kai's production is far more interesting than the actual product.
Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:18 am

Robo4900 wrote:
Mewzard wrote:I don't think regular Kai is airing anywhere on TV right now.
I know Kai 1.0 is reairing in Japan right now, so Kai 1.0 is airing at least there. The big question is, are there any English-speaking countries currently airing it...?
Mewzard wrote:As for The Final Chapters, Toonami only I believe, which would be the uncut
You say Toonami... That's only Toonami US. There's also Toonami Africa, and I think Toonami India is still around for the moment...
Either way, I heard the edited Super dub is airing on Toonami Africa, so... I was wondering whether they were airing Kai or TFC too.
Mewzard wrote:(and possibly only) dub.
I seem to recall Sabat confirming its existence on Twitter at one point.
Either way, they almost certainly will have recorded an edited version. They did one for Super, they did one for Kai 1.0, so I don't see why TFC would be any different.
There is toonami France too.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:34 pm

sangofe wrote:There is toonami France too.
True, though that would air the French dub, not an English dub.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
Yeah. And that's what it does - the edited version.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:01 pm

sangofe wrote:
Robo4900 wrote:
Yeah. I was specifically asking about the Funi edited dub, though.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:43 pm

sangofe wrote:
Robo4900 wrote:
And the edited French version is a different master compared to the edited Funi version
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.