Dragonball z kai funimation blurays question

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Dragonball z kai funimation blurays question

Post by samuraix123 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Sorry if this question has been answered but did funimation not get the rights to use the other outro's? cause i'm on the 3rd disc of part 2 the final chapters and I still don't see ''don't let me down'' it's just the same ending. What gives?
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragonball z kai funimation blurays question

Post by DHM211 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:54 pm

The international verison of Kai TFC has a different opening(fight it out), and only 1 ending song(never give up).

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:08 pm

That sucks. I liked the other endings better. :problem: guess i'll just download and store the other endings on my laptop
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:56 pm

samuraix123 wrote:That sucks. I liked the other endings better. :problem: guess i'll just download and store the other endings on my laptop
Yeah it does suck. Dear Zarathustra Is my favorite DB ending.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri May 04, 2018 11:50 pm

It stinks, Galaxy is my favorite Dragon Ball ending song and they don't have it on the Blu-Ray sets.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat May 05, 2018 12:30 am

The other endings were made after the initial International production run for T1C was done, hence why the outros never change.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:05 pm

T1C? What do you mean by that? Since you said "International Distribution" I doubt you are referring to the "First Chapters" fanedit of original DB.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:15 am

Danfun64 wrote:T1C? What do you mean by that? Since you said "International Distribution" I doubt you are referring to the "First Chapters" fanedit of original DB.
originaly, the final chapter should use "fight it out" and "never give up" worldwide also in japan, it was even said that those episodes will be aired outside of japan first . But it wasn't the case and japanese tv choose (probably caused of Toriko bad audiances) to make dragon ball kai return, they choose to recut episodes and used other opening ending.

Those recut and those opening ending was done AFTER final chapter production was over (you can even find fight it out and never give up japanese kenji version as it was supposed to be seen)
It's only Toei decision to make a custom japanese version for airing and using new op end for commercial purpose

so you have the original version like it was done firstly but i agree that i wouldn't be against a version which have the two opening and the 6 endings (from the 2 versions)

the final chapter japanese version is a little like the extended fuji tv version of fukkatsu no F, not like it was firstly but done after

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed May 30, 2018 11:29 am

Danfun64 wrote:T1C? What do you mean by that? Since you said "International Distribution" I doubt you are referring to the "First Chapters" fanedit of original DB.
Shoot, yes you're right, I meant to use TFC. Muscle memory!