Just a quick question.

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Just a quick question.

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:39 am

Does these collections have Yamammoto's score ?

https://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/vie ... llection-1
My English is poor .

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Just a quick question.

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:45 am

Only up to Collection 3, I believe. I've heard that there've been reprints with the Kikuchi score in the US releases, so I don't know if Madman have done that with their releases as well.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:29 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Only up to Collection 3, I believe. I've heard that there've been reprints with the Kikuchi score in the US releases, so I don't know if Madman have done that with their releases as well.
Is there any way i can get the one with the Yamammoto score for sure ?

And for a reasonable price (20-40 $ is the most i can pay for each part).
My English is poor .

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:47 pm

You can get the repackaged version Season 1 and Season 2 (half of it) with the Yamamoto score by importing it from UK. Manga UK never gave two shits about replacing it and thank god.

I have those sets and I can confirm the music changes to Z BGMs when Freeza begins his transformation. I can't remember which episode specifically it is, though.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:08 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:You can get the repackaged version Season 1 and Season 2 (half of it) with the Yamamoto score by importing it from UK. Manga UK never gave two shits about replacing it and thank god.

I have those sets and I can confirm the music changes to Z BGMs when Freeza begins his transformation. I can't remember which episode specifically it is, though.
Really ?!! , didn't know that.

Thank you very much.
My English is poor .

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:01 am

Here are some ways to purchase it:

Dragon Ball Z Kai - Season 1 (Blu-ray) [Used] £15 (£1.50 delivery within UK) @ CeX
Dragon Ball Z Kai - Season 2 (Blu-ray) [Used] £18 (£1.50 delivery within UK) @ CeX

For some reason the Kai DVDs cost more than the Kai Blu-rays. :crazy:

This is supposedly the cheapest price I've come across but it really isn't much of a save (factory sealed goes for about £23-25).

Then there's Zavvi which offers international shipping and a small discount if you use the code "WELCOME" (new customers only).

I got the UK Season 1 & 2 Kai DVDs (Madman repackaged) for extremely cheap so anything over £5-10 seems pricey, though I don't live in UK anymore.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:39 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:For some reason the Kai DVDs cost more than the Kai Blu-rays. :crazy:
Probably because the Kai Blu-Ray sales were decent but the DVDs were terrible.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:Probably because the Kai Blu-Ray sales were decent but the DVDs were terrible.
Well, it's CeX whom are known to charge ridiculous prices but you're right that the sales of Dragon Ball Kai in UK were appalling. I'm not even going to bother buying Kai TFC due to the score but had it been Kikuchi's I'd be all in.