"DragonBall Kai" Tidbit

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"DragonBall Kai" Tidbit

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:31 am

Hey, everyone:

I've been working on this over the last couple days, and I think it's in a place where it's ready for review. I think the page very clearly describes what it is, so I'll let you read for yourself:

http://www.daizex.com/general/tidbits/kai.shtml

While I'm concerned with typos and misleading statements (as always), I also want to make sure I'm not missing any important developments over time. I took a read through most of the threads and such and while I think I got it all, let me know if I missed anything.

Hoping to put this up today, so move this to the top of your queue if you're doing anything else :P.

Much appreciation. Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:59 am

Found some grammar that doesn't make sense to me.
There were many points of confusing at this early point in time.
Other than that it looks good and completely up to date. I can't think of anything I've seen here on the forum that wasn't mentioned.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:01 am

Looks good to me.

But there is a typo/grammatical error. Under the very first Jump scan with bullets, it says "sound effects would being updated." Being should be "be."
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:02 am

Fixed that one and another one in the next sentence. Heh. Thanks.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Looks great! I'll do my personal review of the entire thing when I get home from practice later today. I love the usage of some of the fan-made image comparisons from the forum.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:13 pm

Wow, I am impressed. You have all this information on a show that hasn't even aired yet. I didn't think we knew that much but, wow.

Ugh! I just gave Kaboom the issue with this image in it.

I could have scanned you a better quality image of it. Oh well. :D

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:59 pm

deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:04 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Leave everything to me!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d81/K ... mp_DBK.png
w00t. Thanks~

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:58 pm

Things that is it not are a "new" series (it is the same storyline), or a replacement for the original version (the entirety of the series has been released on DVD in Japan and is readily available and in-print).

I may just be have a brain lapse (as I often do), but I think you need to reverse the order of "it" and "is" there.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:12 am

I know this is a little late, seeing that the page has already premiered and all, but here's all I have to add:
  • I think it'd be really cool (but admittedly, not very necessary), if you listed exactly which volume of Jump each scan came from.

Currently, the "Check Back Soon" line at the bottom of the page is not centered.

I just thought it'd be cool in the paragraph where you talk about the animation video out of the Toei Philippines studio, you did something with the HQ .jpeg image we got (maybe?). I know you can get to the image easily from the links provided in the paragraph, but I just felt like suggesting it.

I know this image was partially featured at the very beginning, but I guess thisis the first promotional image for DB Kai, and was recently featured on the front page of Fuji TV's site, after first being put online at the official Dragonball Kai site, and before that, being featured in one of the Jump scans. So it's kind of important... just thought I'd through it out there.
Great job with the Tidbit, and thank you very much for the mention!

Craddle
Regular

Re: "DragonBall Kai" Tidbit

Post by Craddle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:25 am

I really hate to bump old threads but, since this is an announcement I'm not really bumping it. I just wanted to make sure that you're aware that all the youtube videos have been removed. Other then that it's a really great tidbit.