"Video Games Guide"

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"Video Games Guide"

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:59 pm

I'm not sure if I've formally introduced this to forum go-ers yet.

http://www.daizex.com/guides/games/

What I'll be asking is part laziness, part "I don't have the free time," part "I don't know, myself". Basically, anyone who wants to write a new intro paragraph describing any of the games (even ones I've written; I'm not married to anything)... that would rock. Keep is unbiased and simply describing the game, and only a short paragraph (slightly longer than those I've written).

Also, if you can double-check box art and fill me in on any release dates, that would be great, too.

I like to think of Daizenshuu EX as a community information site ^^;;.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:55 am

Note: On the "Buu's Fury" write-up, "wetting" should be "whetting."

Ultimate Battle 22
Dragon Ball's first foray into the PlayStation realm gave its character roster a big shot in the arm. 22 characters from all sagas are availible from the outset, with an additional 5 unlockable via a code. The game ditched the split-screen aspect of the Super Butoden games, and featured hand-drawn 2D characters on polygonal backgrounds.

Idainaru Doragonboru Densetsu
Idainaru Doragonboru Densetsu gave traditional fighting games a big kick in the rear. The game featured a HUGE cast (just about every hero and villain was playable, down to the entire Ginyu Tokusentai) and three-on-three battles. The game played from a 2.5D perspective, with 2D characters that moved around in a polygonal "fishbowl" arena. A Momentum Bar kept tabs on the action, and tipping it all the way in your favor let you unleash a devastating Meteo Attack on your opponent.

Final Bout
Dragon Ball finally ventured into full 3D. Featuring a cast of characters from both Z and GT (including the only appearances thus far of Pan and Bebi), Final Bout brought a new control scheme as well as the classic "ki tug-of-war" battles to life in polygonal glory. Many characters were unlockable via codes, including the first official American appearance of Super Saiyajin 4 Gokuu.

If needed I can write up the Budokai games later. Feel free to tweak those any way you want.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:22 am

Dragon Ball Z: Customizable Card Game
Taking in on the sucess of the popular card game, this game follows all the rules and has a decent set of cards to choose from, you must take your card skills up against the likes of Krillin, Goku, and eventually the evil Cell! Use your card strategy wisely to win or face utter defeat. Customize your deck for perfection in this battle of wits.

(and for the record but not in this paragraph this game is really damn hard, and I am familiar with the card game its based on)
-Laserkid

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:56 am

I could write about Shin Botuden till tomorrow.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:54 am

Legendary Super Warriors
Dragon Ball debuts on the Game Boy Color in a highly customizeable RPG covering the entire Dragon Ball Z series, all the way from the battle with Raditz to the final showdown with the original Majin Boo. Featuring an extremely large cast of playable characters, the player must customize a deck of cards to suit both each characters battle style and the battle style of the opponent he or she will be facing. There's a huge number of cards to choose between, ranging from stat-altering cards to character-specific attack cards. The turn-based battle system pit two warriors against each other, each powering up their attacks while trying to outsmart their opponent. Also featured are team battles, which adds a new level to the one-on-one battling by adding the ability to switch characters mid-battle, in either strategic two-on-two battles, or battles between multiple weaker characters and one powerhouse.

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:28 pm

Shinbutôden
The last game in the Bôtuden series. The characters are handdrawn and there are, including the hidden ones, 27 fighters. Even Muten Roshi or Mr. Satan are among the fighters.
Like in the other Bôtuden games you fight one-on-one matches. Split-screen, layer-change and cool Super Specials are there again.
In the Story Mode, you choose a character (the gag/just-for-fun-characters are dislabled here) and fight nine matches against the cpu.
Aside this mode, there are Versus (which is divided into 1P vs 2P, 1P vs com and com vs com), Group Battle, Tournament and the Mister Satan Mode.
In the Mister Satan Mode, you "play" Mister Satan and you have to bet money on a chosen fighter. You don't fight by yourself. You can "cheat" for your fighter with items (give him energy drinks or throw banana peelings in front of his opponent).

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:34 pm

Is Shinbutôden just an upgrade of UB22, or is it its own game?

More descriptions, please :D.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:25 pm

Hard to tell really. I'd call it an "upgrade", but it's sort of a understatement. The graphics and music used are basically the same, character roster is identical, but the fighting system differs. It's much closer to the Butoden series, with Butoden style animation for special attacks, split-screen instead of zoom out and stuff.
It's party time, Ginyu style!

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:56 am

You used my descriptions! *GLEE!!*

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:54 am

Fuujin wrote:Hard to tell really. I'd call it an "upgrade", but it's sort of a understatement. The graphics and music used are basically the same, character roster is identical, but the fighting system differs. It's much closer to the Butoden series, with Butoden style animation for special attacks, split-screen instead of zoom out and stuff.
Yes. A 'real' Butoden game. ;)
Same (okay, atcually improved) gameplay and feeling. My favorite (aside Bukuu Tougeki).

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:22 pm

I can't really offer any info, but I could find some of your missing box art images. Sorry, I really don't know for sure if they're the right type that I state they are (European or US)..

Legendary Super Warriors (don't know how to tell if it's US or European):
http://www.videogameoutfitter.com/image ... 19545f.jpg

Supersonic Warriors (European, I guess):
http://img.kult-mag.com/photos/00/00/47 ... 1073_2.jpg

Ultimate Battle 22 (European):
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/ima ... 22-psx.jpg

Final Bout (US):
http://members.aol.com/godzill121/images/bt0290f.jpg

That's all I found.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:01 pm

I believe the Legendary Super Warriors is the US one.

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:47 pm

In the description for Taiketsu, the word American is missing the letter "c".

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:36 pm

Budokai 3: Teleporting has always been a key element to the exciting battles of DragonBall Z. Whether it be a last-ditch effort to escape a close one or to smack your foe dead in the face with a Kamehameha. No game has brought that type of fast-paced, adrenaline rushing excitement to the hands of fans until Budokai 3 (DragonBall Z 3) was released. The third DragonBall Z game released for Playstation 2 is a much welcomed one. Its Dragon Universe mode allows you to fly around the odd world of DragonBall Z and play through each heroes' story on maps that have yet to be seen in a DragonBall Z game. From battling Raditz as Goku on a calm plain, taking down Gohan with Broli in a wrecked city, or battling inside the pit of Buu's stomach. The wide variety of characters allows players to choose from Goku all the way down to Ubuu. New outfits also give players the oppurtunity to reinact classic battles. The hidden Dragon Arena mode brings a lot of new fighters into the fray giving players the chance to play with characters such as Omega Shenron, Bardock, or even one of the impious Cell Jrs. Another addition to the Budokai series is the Dragon Rush which allows players to take down a Super Saiyan 3 with a saibaman. Other features include ki blast struggles, improved gameplay, a new capsule system and many more. With such features added, Budokai 3 shines a new light on the DragonBall Z gaming world.

Is that too long?

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:13 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:I believe the Legendary Super Warriors is the US one.
I'm not entirely sure. My copy of the game, which was bought i Norway, is identical to that one, but the manual is in english only (rare in Europe, but it happens), and it has ads for FUNi (Zstore) and the DBZ CCG GBA game (not released in Europe), and the US LoG game (with the poster).

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:14 am

Now that we're at it anyway.
Euro GC Budokai 2 cover: http://www.uk.atari.com/presentation/pi ... s/pack.jpg

And it'll be out on the 18th of March 2005.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:58 am

Adamant wrote:
Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:I believe the Legendary Super Warriors is the US one.
I'm not entirely sure. My copy of the game, which was bought i Norway, is identical to that one, but the manual is in english only (rare in Europe, but it happens), and it has ads for FUNi (Zstore) and the DBZ CCG GBA game (not released in Europe), and the US LoG game (with the poster).
Wish I could vouch for what version I had posted. :oops:
I just figured it was th European one cause I've already seen the US one. And I think the GBA logo on the left is the same one that's on other European versions.

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:04 am

That Legendary Super Warriors boxshot is the US cover. The EU cover has the same art, but with different colors. [More black, Freeza & Cell with their own colors, not red] @Adamant: I think you bought a imported version or something like that. My copy of Legendary Super Warriors is also from the US, though I bought it at a regular toy-store and not a import store here in the Netherlands.
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

SS Kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by SS Kakarot » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:12 pm

My Cels:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:56 pm

Ha. Look at that Legendary Super Warriors box.

"Protect the Earth by fighting card battles!"

"Oh no, the world is coming to an end! Quick Gohan, whip out your cards! We'll papercut Freeza to death!"