Looking for Monthly Jump / Saikyō Jump (manga spin-offs)

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Looking for Monthly Jump / Saikyō Jump (manga spin-offs)

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:38 am

So, you may have noticed the rather substantial expansion of our Manga Spin-Offs section on the main site. Our main impetus was covering Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, we intend to give other series, such as Neko Majin and Dragon Ball SD, the same treatment.

But we need your help.

Due to being on another continent (for Neko Majin) or lack of interest early on (SD), we lack a complete archive of these works in their original serialization. Through Peking Duck, I have managed to fill in a few holes, but gaps remain. Specifically, I'm looking for the following:

Neko Majin (Weekly Jump, Monthly Jump):
I need Toriyama's author comments (found in the table of contents) for the first three Neko Majin Z chapters in the relevant issues of Monthly Jump (issues noted on the series page, above). I'd also like to see the Monthly Jump issues with the reprints of Neko Majin ga Iru and Neko Majin ga Iru 2, just to verify that there is nothing new.

Dragon Ball SD (Saikyō Jump):
I am lacking many author comments, which I may be able to fill in by visiting a large-ish library, but more importantly, we are lacking in issues from which to scan title pages (and in the case of the quarterlies and more recent monthlies, one or two other pages to illustrate each chapter). Specifically, we need the following:
- 2011 #2 - 4 (to verify there are no author comments in #2, and for title pages and one or two story pages in all three)
- 2012 #1, 4 - 9 (for author comments and title pages; one or two story pages per chapter can easily be scanned via volume 1)
- 2012 #10 - 12, 2013 #1 - 3, 6 - 7 (for author comments, title pages, and one or two story pages per chapter; we possess all other 2013 issues currently available)

Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission (V-Jump):
- Mission #2 (as noted on the series page; both pages, as none of us owns this issue)

As always, your reward will be our eternal gratitude.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Looking for Monthly Jump / Saikyō Jump (manga spin-offs)

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:45 am

Turns out I have Mission #2, but not Mission #4. So that helps...? If you've got Mission #4 Julian, we're set on that one!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::