Season 3+ dub Goku "Kaio-Ken"

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Season 3+ dub Goku "Kaio-Ken"

Postby VegettoEX » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:16 pm

Heyas:

I'm looking for an audible example of Goku, in FUNimation's dub of season three onwards, saying "Kaio-Ken" (as their silly "kayo-ken" pronunciation). I checked the one example I knew of right before he powers up in front of Ginyu, but in the dub he just says "You got it!" or some crap.

I don't have the Freeza discs where he goes 20x, and I don't have the Afterlife Tournament discs when he uses it against Paikuhan (and even then, he probably yells out "Super Kaio-Ken" in the dub, just like the Japanese).

So does anyone know of any concrete examples, and better yet, would be able to rip a sound file for me? I just checked Budokai 1 & 3, but in both games, he just kinda grunts/yells. Like me. Grar.

Thanks!
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| VegettoEX.com |] ::

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Re: Season 3+ dub Goku "Kaio-Ken"

Postby Conan the SSJ » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:27 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Heyas:

I'm looking for an audible example of Goku, in FUNimation's dub of season three onwards, saying "Kaio-Ken" (as their silly "kayo-ken" pronunciation). I checked the one example I knew of right before he powers up in front of Ginyu, but in the dub he just says "You got it!" or some crap.

I don't have the Freeza discs where he goes 20x, and I don't have the Afterlife Tournament discs when he uses it against Paikuhan (and even then, he probably yells out "Super Kaio-Ken" in the dub, just like the Japanese).

So does anyone know of any concrete examples, and better yet, would be able to rip a sound file for me? I just checked Budokai 1 & 3, but in both games, he just kinda grunts/yells. Like me. Grar.

Thanks!

You know what, I honestly don't think dub Goku ever yells it in the Frieza saga, and I have the entire dub of it so I'd know. Only Krillin, Kaio, and Tien, I'm pretty sure, say it. But yeah, in the Afterlife Budokai, the DBZ movie 4 dub, and the Saiyan/Namek saga redub, he always yells it "Kayo-ken". I find that funny too considering Vegeta actually pronounced it "Kaio-ken" in one of the redub episodes, as did the Narrator in the American-made Sagas game. Concerning Sean Schemmel as Goku actually saying "Kayo-ken", I suppose I can try ripping the audio file from the episode where he fights Pikkon or the Movie 4 dub, I'll let you know how it goes.
Check my GT Characters/Techniques guide on 10 main "good guys" of the series, lemme know what you think!
My two cents for DBE, God help us all.

Also check my "ElseWorlds" DBZ Movies Guide, share what ya' think!

Links now fixed! Thanks for helps making them clickable, Xyex~

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Postby VegettoEX » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:59 pm

Ooooh, movie 4. I've got that. Thanks!

Do you know of a specific point in the movie where he says it?

EDIT: Nevermind... found it. Exactly what I needed. Much thanks~
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| VegettoEX.com |] ::

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Postby El_Diablo » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:51 pm

If it's relevant, Kirby Morrow said "Super Kaio-ken" properly in the afterlife tournament arc in the "Ocean" dub.
Where's the beef?

Return to “Staff Help Requests”