DBZ Movies: Where They Fit In

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dorexx
Regular

Re: DBZ Movies: Where They Fit In

Post by Dorexx » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:02 am

Raykugen wrote:
Okay, you can just say, "Vegeta comes to SSJ, in the series is with A-19". But in this movie, the only one who sees Vegeta SSJ it's Goku, no more, and in the series, when Vegeta SSJ appears, Goku is unconscious. It should be after the Trunks arriving and in the 3 years of training before the androids without any problems.
Dende is Kami in the movie.
Last edited by Dorexx on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:30 am

Oh really?
In that way could be in the famous 10 days before Cell Games perfectly

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Raykugen wrote:Oh really?
In that way could be in the famous 10 days before Cell Games perfectly
Then Gohan would be a Super Saiyan and Trunks would be there.

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:50 pm

[quote="Rocketman"][quote="Raykugen"]Oh really?
In that way could be in the famous 10 days before Cell Games perfectly[/quote]

Then Gohan would be a Super Saiyan and Trunks would be there.[/quote]

Do you think so? As I said that of the transformations is just a nosense,because, VegettoEX says the first Cooler movie it must be before the apparition of Mecha Freezer because for Goku is not easy going to SSJ. Yes, Goku tells to Trunks that before wasn't so easy, but NOT IN THAT WAY, because in the Namek fight, when Freezer attack him with the kienzan, Goku is on his normal state and goes to SSJ easily.

The failure of the first movie of Cooler is that, the difficult transformation without sense. I can say too, well, Gohan has the same hair that he had on namek saga. It could be a design failure perfectly. I don't understand why the people thinks that the failure is that the movie can't fit when there's so many another stuff. It could be a screenplay or a design failure, and fit in the original story.

And in the second movie the same, Gohan doesn't goes to SSJ because the same. And well, Trunks doesn't appears, But Ten Shin Han the same and Vegeta arrives too late... They could be doing their issues, or not xD

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Hey, folks? This is a thread from 2004. Just sayin' :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:14 pm

That doesn't matter xD, but I allways thought it have some incongruities

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:03 pm

[quote="Raykugen"]The failure of the first movie of Cooler is that, the difficult transformation without sense. I can say too, well, Gohan has the same hair that he had on namek saga. It could be a design failure perfectly. I don't understand why the people thinks that the failure is that the movie can't fit when there's so many another stuff. It could be a screenplay or a design failure, and fit in the original story.

And in the second movie the same, Gohan doesn't goes to SSJ because the same. And well, Trunks doesn't appears, But Ten Shin Han the same and Vegeta arrives too late... They could be doing their issues, or not xD[/quote]

In movie 5, if Goku had gone SSJ from the begining, Coola would be dead from the begining. That's why he didn't go from the begining, to make the movie big enough, more interesting and an put an actual fight. It doesn't necessary mean that Goku couldn't control SSJ, he just used it later. In movie 6 Gohan's problem wasn't only that he couldn't go SSJ, he was also in the wrong age, his age was before his entrance the Room of Spirit and Time, while it should be after his entrance, as Dende is the Kami.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:10 am

Hiya! Just thought I'd chime in with some stuff I noticed in the opening compilation if that's okay :)

DBZ Movie 6
Where it fits in: After Trunks has shown up, shortly before they start going at it with the androids.

Evidence: Vegeta can go Super Saiyan at will too.

Why it can't work: Trunks ain't there...and Dende is, which doesn't help. Did they leave Trunks on Earth and went to Namek? lol

What it adds: Another tin Freeza and confusion.
------------------------------------------------

DBZ Movie 10
Where it fits in: Wouldn't this actually fit in before the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai, during Gohan's training with Videl and Goten?

Evidence: Gohan's gi.

Why it can't work: Well...couldn't it? It's not like we see every thing they do every day during that training period....Oh, right, Goten know his dad. EDIT: Which, in retrospective, shows how dumb I am, because they'd have photos os Goku at home, OF COURSE Goten could know what he looks like! So...I guess Movie 10 can fit sorta kinda maybe...but not really because Movie 8 can't.

What it adds: Broli CAN'T blink Videl out of existence. Also, a mean Kuririn dressed as Piccolo.
-----------------------------------------------

DBZ Movie 13
Where it fits in: After the death of Pure Buu BUT(!) before the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai (with Uub and all that jazz)

Evidence: Goku still wears the same gi. Gohan and Videl are still fighting crime together. No Pan. Goten and Trunks are still kids.

Why it can't work: It sure can! :D

What it adds: A conflicting back-story of Trunks' sword.
------------------------------------------------

Any thing I missed on those? Hope it helps!
Last edited by Rukura on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:14 am

[quote="Rukura"]Why it can't work: Well...couldn't it? It's not like we see every thing they do every day during that training period....Oh, right, Goten know his dad.[/quote]
Videl didn't know about Super Saiyans, Trunks and the Dragon Balls during the training period. And at the end of the movie, the Dragon Balls are scatered, so they should be just rocks in the series.

Also, what the fuck is going on with BBCode in this thread?

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:39 am

Did Videl know about them being Super Saiyans during the training or was it just "these guys go blond for some reason"? (I don't have that Dragon Box yet) How was that referenced in the movie? (Because I ain't seen it in months LOL)

Trunks being there doesn't really seem odd to me and the dragon balls detail never really stuck out to me...it's Goten seeing Goku and calling him "dad" that drives me up the wall. ...Wait. Now that I think about it...wouldn't they have pictures of him at home? *brain shatters* NOOOOOOOOOO!!!...Oh well.

Oh, really? I thought it was just my pc here at work locking out stuff lol

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:41 pm

Rukura wrote:
"Did Videl know about them being Super Saiyans during the training or was it just "these guys go blond for some reason"? (I don't have that Dragon Box yet)"

She didn't. Gohan kept it a secret for her until he went Super Saiyan at the tournament, where Videl put two and two together and realized Gohan was the Golden Warrior and the boy who fought Cell.

Rukura wrote:
"How was that referenced in the movie? (Because I ain't seen it in months LOL)"

I can't recall, if she actually sees a Super Saiyan besides Broli.

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:48 am

Thanks, dbgtFO! :)

Then...I guess Movie 10 can kinda fly as plausible in where it fits?
Other than Videl being cool with babysitting Trunks as well and knows him all of a sudden. I did mention how Goten knows Goku despite never having been with him....but he would have pictures at home lol (duh!)

I say this one fits better than the Garlic Jr saga (with Gohan's hair growing huge randomly in the middle of the episode and other continuity issues)

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Just thought I would put my two cents in.

Movie 1. Pretty much a what if Garlic Jr decided to carry out his plans before the Radits arc.

Movie 2. What if Freeza had never gone to Namek. Gohan Krillin and Bulma would have been able to get the DB's wish Piccolo back, and since there is no Zarbon to give Vegeta another Zenkai Gohan and Krillin would have been able to beat him using their power ups from The Grand Elder. Which would explain why Gohan and Krillin are as strong as they are in Movie 2 3 and 4.

Movie 3. Continuing the what if from Movie 2.

Movie 4 Same as Movie 3.

Movie 5. Since he able to fight Coola in his main form but can't go SSJ all signs point to what if Goku had got home from Namek more early.

Movie 6. Dende is God in this movie but Gohan can't go SSJ. I would say what if Piccolo had killed Imperfect Cell and the Artificial Humans.

Movie 7. Continuing from Movie 6.

Movie 8. What if Vegeta had killed Cell. Everyone seems to be relaxing there is no mention of Cell, Gohan can go SSJ, Goku is still alive.

Movie 9. What if there was a bunch of pirates that Kaio sealed away that got free after Kaio died.

Movie 10. Videl is around with short hair, Goku is dead Vegeta is nowhere to be scene (implying he to is dead). Goten and Trunks can't fuse and Gohan can't go mystic. This seems to be what if both the Broli battle and the Cell battle had happened and Goku was able to beat Fat Buu.

Movie 11. Continuing from Movie 10.

Movie 12. Trunks and Goten can fuse Videl is around Goku and Vegeta are dead. All signs point to what if Gotenks (or maybe Gohan) had killed Super Buu. Though its probably not important, Zarbon, the Ginyu Force along with Coola's Armored Squad, Garlic Jr's, Dr Uirio's, Tullece's Slug's henchmen and Paragus along with Bojack and his gang appear as back ground characters implying that the Freeza arc had happened along with all the other movies (even 1 2 3 and 4).

Movie 13. What if some Babidi rip off showed up on Earth after Little Buu was killed in order to free his Majin Buu rip off.

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:23 pm

About your thoughts on Movie 5:

Everyone plays off of the fact that Goku DID defeat Freeza (it's the whole reason Coola goes to Earth). What seems to be going on is that Goku doesn't seem to be able to go Super Saiyan at will yet.

If you wanna take this to what-if territory, it's more a "What if Goku was able to go straight to Earth and not Yardrat?" :)