Piccolo's possible return to power!...reaching God Ki by reunifying the ancient Namekian race

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Piccolo's possible return to power!...reaching God Ki by reunifying the ancient Namekian race

Post by larzooma » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:20 pm

Quick synopsis of an idea I came up with long before super to give Piccolo a high level multiplier needed to bring him back into contention with Goku and Vegeta.

For the sake of brevity, the theory supposes a true and complete Namekian requires a merger between a member of the warrior clan and a member of the dragon clan. Piccolo represents the strongest examples of the warrior clan in the history of the Namekian race. The Earth also houses a strong member of the Dragon Clan, Dende. As the son of Guru and the Guardian of Earth he's capable of amazing feats of healing, magic, and the ability to sense God Ki. In addition, he may possess a latent ability to access and actualize the hidden potential inside a fighter, which explains how a fusion with a relatively weak fighter results in such a large increase in fighting power. Given a tournament loss means the end of the universe, Piccolo may consider fusion as this only way of gaining enough power in 40 hours to truly become a force able to compete with the strongest fighters from the other universes. Just as the Saiyan ritual represented a level of transcendence as a species, the Namekian ritual depends on reunifying two sufficiently powerful halves to achieve an ancient form.

What do you think? Do you like the idea? Does it seem plausible?

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Piccolo's possible return to power!...reaching God Ki by reunifying the ancient Namekian race

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:31 pm

larzooma wrote:Quick synopsis of an idea I came up with long before super to give Piccolo a high level multiplier needed to bring him back into contention with Goku and Vegeta.

For the sake of brevity, the theory supposes a true and complete Namekian requires a merger between a member of the warrior clan and a member of the dragon clan. Piccolo represents the strongest examples of the warrior clan in the history of the Namekian race. The Earth also houses a strong member of the Dragon Clan, Dende. As the son of Guru and the Guardian of Earth he's capable of amazing feats of healing, magic, and the ability to sense God Ki. In addition, he may possess a latent ability to access and actualize the hidden potential inside a fighter, which explains how a fusion with a relatively weak fighter results in such a large increase in fighting power. Given a tournament loss means the end of the universe, Piccolo may consider fusion as this only way of gaining enough power in 40 hours to truly become a force able to compete with the strongest fighters from the other universes. Just as the Saiyan ritual represented a level of transcendence as a species, the Namekian ritual depends on reunifying two sufficiently powerful halves to achieve an ancient form.

Isn't this also assuming Piccolo finds out of the stakes before the tournament starts? He very well might, and also might not. The idea itself I like, but I don't see it as very likely. They could easily go the simply route and have Piccolo do something that's required in the Namekian Book of Legends (if they bother to bring that back) to give him a substantial power up. My problem is if Piccolo doesn't find out about the universes being destroyed if you lose, there's very little incentive to go all in, in the way your theory describes. Gohan is pretty much confirmed to get a fairly big boost in power, and we know Goku and Kuririn quite possibly are getting fairly big boosts too. Then there's the fact that Majin Boo is potentially getting a power boost. I'd say it's fairly likely Piccolo will get a big boost in power himself, but I wouldn't say it's guaranteed.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: Piccolo's possible return to power!...reaching God Ki by reunifying the ancient Namekian race

Post by Miracles » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:45 pm

Highly doubtful. The tournament rules allow for weaklings to participate due to tactics.
Thus the variety of members. Piccolo won't get any relevant power up.

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:28 pm

As a old school Piccolo fanatic, I'd give anything to see him gain a substantial boost in the near future. Unfortunately, I tend to agree with the notion the tournament of power isn't designed to solely benefit the most powerful fighters. This allows for completely outclassed fighters like Roshi to contribute a great deal supporting other Z fighters with his unique attacks, while sharing his expertise as a coach. In comparison, Piccolo has enough power to take on upper tier fighters and help the team come up with a strategy to win.

In a perfect world, he will gain a substantial power boost to maximize his contribution to saving the universe.

What do you think about introducing a Namekian god form in a future arc? The Namekian Book of Legends could play an important role in describing an ancient unified race with great power that split into different clans long ago. The legends say a fusion will occur between an immensely strong warrior and a powerful mystic into the true Namekian form.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:10 am

I don't believe Piccolo will get a brand new power-up, but he'll definetly kick some ass in this new tournament.

Hopefully, in a future Arc he'll get some love from TOEI.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:12 am

I don't think Piccolo will power up significantly before the tournament, but I expect to see a Namekian from U6 considering Champa mentioned Namekians in the manga while watching Piccolo's fight. If a Namekian really takes part in the tournament, and if U6 helps out U7 which will be most likely targeted by other universes, we could actually see Piccolo fusing with the other Namekian for whatever reason.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:32 am

TheMathemagician wrote:
larzooma wrote:Quick synopsis of an idea I came up with long before super to give Piccolo a high level multiplier needed to bring him back into contention with Goku and Vegeta.

Isn't this also assuming Piccolo finds out of the stakes before the tournament starts? He very well might, and also might not. The idea itself I like, but I don't see it as very likely. They could easily go the simply route and have Piccolo do something that's required in the Namekian Book of Legends (if they bother to bring that back) to give him a substantial power up. My problem is if Piccolo doesn't find out about the universes being destroyed if you lose, there's very little incentive to go all in, in the way your theory describes. Gohan is pretty much confirmed to get a fairly big boost in power, and we know Goku and Kuririn quite possibly are getting fairly big boosts too. Then there's the fact that Majin Boo is potentially getting a power boost. I'd say it's fairly likely Piccolo will get a big boost in power himself, but I wouldn't say it's guaranteed.

We have not seen anything of Piccolo yet and because Krillin and Buu seem to be getting stronger than Piccolo has a high chance since he is a bigger character.

Piccolo would have been training more than anyone since he would be expecting a call up for the tournament since he participated in the last one.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:27 am

Although I agree it would make sense for Piccolo to receive some sort of power-up (as suggested with god ki), I honestly don't believe that will happen. It's just like universe 6 arc all over again: people assumed Piccolo and Boo would be trained by Whis for the tournament and get much stronger, instead the event took place a few days after the announcement (5 if I recall correctly) thus none of them trained except for (you guessed it) Goku and Vegeta, in the RoSaT. Besides, unless they use said room, there's no time to train accordingly.

As for your idea of Piccolo fusing with Dende, remember that Piccolo already fused with Kami, who was the god of Earth. Fusing with Dende wouldn't probably make any relevant difference.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:38 am

The salt will be real if Krillin matches base gohan blow for blow, defeats him with a new technique and piccolo gets no boost, instead they say he is old now..

yeah yeah, he is young for a namek but fuck the facts
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:46 am

I think Piccolo is the new Tenshinhan, Toriyama doesn't care about him anymore, therefore, i bet he won't do anything special.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:58 am

Rubens wrote:Although I agree it would make sense for Piccolo to receive some sort of power-up (as suggested with god ki), I honestly don't believe that will happen. It's just like universe 6 arc all over again: people assumed Piccolo and Boo would be trained by Whis for the tournament and get much stronger, instead the event took place a few days after the announcement (5 if I recall correctly) thus none of them trained except for (you guessed it) Goku and Vegeta, in the RoSaT. Besides, unless they use said room, there's no time to train accordingly.

As for your idea of Piccolo fusing with Dende, remember that Piccolo already fused with Kami, who was the god of Earth. Fusing with Dende wouldn't probably make any relevant difference.
This time the power up would have already been achieved like Krillin.
Shinda Forever wrote:I think Piccolo is the new Tenshinhan, Toriyama doesn't care about him anymore, therefore, i bet he won't do anything special.
If Piccolo ia the new Tien than what us Tien going to be like. Anyway he was in the last tournament so Toriyama obviously thinks of him.
Ki Breaker wrote:The salt will be real if Krillin matches base gohan blow for blow, defeats him with a new technique and piccolo gets no boost, instead they say he is old now..

If that happens then the reaction in the fanbase will be 10x as much compared to episode 34.

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:23 am

I have a tough time fully committing Kami to the Dragon Clan. By creating the Dragon Balls, he shows an ability unique to the clan members. In regards to his other "mystic" abilities, his inherent predisposition as a good and moral being made him a perfect candidate for Guardian. Accepting the role gave Kami a set of abilities associated with the role.

If you shelf the whole "I created the dragon balls on earth" thing and attribute his other abilities to his role as Guardian, then he really seems to exhibit abilities and powers only available to Namekians in the warrior clan. At the start, Kami is a pretty adept warrior capable of outclassing even Goku. In Z, the average earth warrior greatly surpasses Kami, but this may simply be a result of his advanced age, lack of training, and dedication to his duties as the Guardian. Either way, Kamiccolo represented the reunification of a single being, rather than a union between two separate entities with clear clan affiliations.

I may be way off on Kami. If so, then the reunification only resulted in the creation of a Super Namekian, rather than enabling an even higher form or power boost.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:31 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Rubens wrote:Although I agree it would make sense for Piccolo to receive some sort of power-up (as suggested with god ki), I honestly don't believe that will happen. It's just like universe 6 arc all over again: people assumed Piccolo and Boo would be trained by Whis for the tournament and get much stronger, instead the event took place a few days after the announcement (5 if I recall correctly) thus none of them trained except for (you guessed it) Goku and Vegeta, in the RoSaT. Besides, unless they use said room, there's no time to train accordingly.

Shinda Forever wrote:I think Piccolo is the new Tenshinhan, Toriyama doesn't care about him anymore, therefore, i bet he won't do anything special.
If Piccolo ia the new Tien than what us Tien going to be like. Anyway he was in the last tournament so Toriyama obviously thinks of him.
Ki Breaker wrote:The salt will be real if Krillin matches base gohan blow for blow, defeats him with a new technique and piccolo gets no boost, instead they say he is old now..

If that happens then the reaction in the fanbase will be 10x as much compared to episode 34.
He also thought of Piccolo in the U6 tournament, and had no problem trolling him there. If Piccolo is the new Tenshinhan, then Tenshinhan himself just becomes a bigger joke. The guy wasn't even significant enough to be considered over Roshi or at all. I'm joking about most of this except for the first sentence. With that said, the last tournament didn't have other non-Goku/Vegeta characters training and getting large boosts in power like they seemingly are here. Piccolo getting a substantial increase is fairly likely.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:52 am

Chill guys Pics will get something, Gohan gets Ultimate back, Krillin gets a new technique, Buu slims down, all points to everyone getting something!

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:53 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:Isn't this also assuming Piccolo finds out of the stakes before the tournament starts? He very well might, and also might not.
I feel like Toriyama forgot about Piccolo's god-hearing and shit. If anything, he should already know.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:59 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:

Yeah Piccolo was in the tournament doing a makanko sappo like Tenshinhan does Kikoho all the time. The focus is 100% on Kuririn when it comes to side characters. I bet they won't waste a single second with Tenshinhan.
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:00 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:Isn't this also assuming Piccolo finds out of the stakes before the tournament starts? He very well might, and also might not.
I feel like Toriyama forgot about Piccolo's god-hearing and shit. If anything, he should already know.
he find out About monaka being a fake before anyone else did in the anime he'll probably will depending on gohan or goku go to him.

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:02 pm

He's like the second youngest person of the entire team :lol:

Piccolo will AT LEAST go to the RoSaT with Gohan and reach Perfect Cell level (in an ideal world)
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:12 pm

larzooma wrote:I have a tough time fully committing Kami to the Dragon Clan. By creating the Dragon Balls, he shows an ability unique to the clan members. In regards to his other "mystic" abilities, his inherent predisposition as a good and moral being made him a perfect candidate for Guardian. Accepting the role gave Kami a set of abilities associated with the role.

If you shelf the whole "I created the dragon balls on earth" thing and attribute his other abilities to his role as Guardian, then he really seems to exhibit abilities and powers only available to Namekians in the warrior clan. At the start, Kami is a pretty adept warrior capable of outclassing even Goku. In Z, the average earth warrior greatly surpasses Kami, but this may simply be a result of his advanced age, lack of training, and dedication to his duties as the Guardian. Either way, Kamiccolo represented the reunification of a single being, rather than a union between two separate entities with clear clan affiliations.

I may be way off on Kami. If so, then the reunification only resulted in the creation of a Super Namekian, rather than enabling an even higher form or power boost.
He didn't have an "inherent predisposition as a good and moral being." He had to rip out all the evil inside of him to get the job. As for his prowess as a warrior, the random, no-name farmers we see in the manga that fight Dodoria have suppressed battle powers of one thousand-ish, far, far beyond anything Kami was ever capable of. As a representative of the martial ability of his species, he is a pretty pathetic specimen.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:17 pm

Nekis13 wrote:

He's like the second youngest person of the entire team :lol:

Piccolo will AT LEAST go to the RoSaT with Gohan and reach Perfect Cell level (in an ideal world)
I'm sure it'll be higher than that.