Mortal stronger than a GoD

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Mortal stronger than a GoD

Post by Kishido » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:08 am

So do some people still think it might Jiren?

If not was this already a clue for the upcoming foe/rival for Goku? And what do you expect him to look like

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: Mortal stronger than a GoD

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:19 am

I still think it could be Jiren. After all, he was majorly featured in the Opening.

Still, if it's someone else I won't be too disappointed.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:23 am

It's obviously Jiren.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:33 am

So Jiren > Beerus... meaning Goku most likely wil surpass Beerus now

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:41 am

Highly doubt it's Jiren, and it's a warrior from one of the top universes instead.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:29 am

It's anyone but jiren
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:39 am

I believe it's Jiren. He's being hyped a lot.
I also don't get how some people expect Goku to surpass Beerus. In Dragon Ball, Roshi was surpassed in the RRA by Goku and it happened a little out of nowhere so I don't get why Beerus can't be surpassed in this arc.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:41 am

I don't know, this episode does not confirms anything. That is more stronger than the other fighters we already now. We'll see.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:00 am

I still dont think its Jiren. Hes incredibly powerful but above Beerus is too big a jump currently IMO. That doesnt mean it CANT be Jiren...Id just consider it lazy writing.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:37 pm

I has to be Jiren. They are hyping him up Roman Reigns-level.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:20 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I has to be Jiren. They are hyping him up Roman Reigns-level.
I thought #17 was Roman reigns
    I'm sure is jiren,he literally read the movement of the blocks trown by liquir, this may not sound as an impressive feats but this might be a hint
    Mostly active on discord.

GodKaio-Ken
    I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:02 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I has to be Jiren. They are hyping him up Roman Reigns-level.
    Yeah they are hyping him a lot. It just seems like too big a gap to overcome...I mean we just saw Beerus blow away the Hakai energy of Sidra with extreme ease. It seems obvious they are still keeping Beerus on a whole different level.

If it is Jiren I'm interested in how they make it feel natural that Goku can even fight with him.
    Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Yedis
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Toriyama stated he had no plans of Goku surpassing Beerus, he can always change his mind, but his statement should still be taken into consideration.

Also, the anime version of Jiren may have abilities that can be overcome by simply "powering up" similar to ways Vegeta and Goku overcame Goku Black and Hit.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:48 pm

Whis was talking about someone who'd be in the tournament. How can you guys ignore this. It's Jiren, end of the story.
    Yedis wrote:Toriyama stated he had no plans of Goku surpassing Beerus, he can always change his mind, but his statement should still be taken into consideration.

Also, the anime version of Jiren may have abilities that can be overcome by simply "powering up" similar to ways Vegeta and Goku overcame Goku Black and Hit.
    He stated that half a year ago, when the Charma arc hadn't even started yet.

dbgtFO
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:03 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
    Yedis wrote:Toriyama stated he had no plans of Goku surpassing Beerus, he can always change his mind, but his statement should still be taken into consideration.

Which would be one and a half year ago.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:17 am

dbgtFO wrote:
    Zamasu55 wrote:

Which would be one and a half year ago.
    Yeah, right.

Big Black Sayian
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:00 am

Could be Jiren. Toppo has the potential to be a GoD. If Jiren is stronger than that wow. But then again it could be a mortal from the other 4 universes not participating.

Xeztin
    I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:24 am

I'm not so sure it's Jiren as I'm pretty sure since he's a hero universe 11's God of Destruction would have very little meaning of fighting him. I think its going to be a higher ranking universe.

MagmonKai
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:27 pm

I've said it a thousand times by now that it's absolutely NOT Jiren. I really think that statement Whis made was in general context, and yes, while Goku asked about chances of wining the tournament; when has a God/God-like being ever been direct when answering a question? As we've seen before, Whis is really good at Trolling everyone. I suspect he was lying anyway. One thing is for certain, Whis was unsure of their chances of winning the tournament, BECAUSE he does not know everything about all the universes. To highlight that point, he does know of a specific mortal in a specific universe where that mortal is Greater than the GoD. Whis knows exactly where this mortal is, if it was Jiren he would have said so. This was made to reference the point that the chances are winning aren't certain because if that guy exists, who knows how strong the mortals are going to be in the tournament. The fact that people who site him as proof it's Jiren is maddening because you can't understand the context of that answer. Now, why do you say it's not Jiren:

We know that our Hero (Goku) has his limits which have yet to be determined, but has not Surpassed our Destruction God Beerus. We know that Goku must somehow make not one, but three leaps in strength just to combat this "mortal." Even with Super levels of ass pulls this is HIGHLY unlikely.

Also, we know Beerus freaks out when he thinks the Universe is going to be doomed. If Beerus thought Jiren was the guy that beat this mortal he would be shitting his pants. He's not.

Taking a look outside of the story for a moment from the writers perspective: You would want Goku to have to fight someone else down the line, a new measure of strength for Goku to achieve. Having Goku fight him now is a big risk, especially when we know the outcome of the ToP. You'd have to think of one clever way to beat this massively powerful enemy. I don't think Toriyama has pushed the "Surpass Beerus Button" yet. We still have some time for that to happen. So, I don't think Jiren is that mortal, while I do think Goku will not necessarily outright beat him either. We will just have to see how much Whis was trolling the team. I suspect it's another Monaka type gag where Whis tells people that to not make them relax about fighting in the tournament.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:28 pm

I highly doubt it's Jiren. KKx10 Goku is still nowhere near Beerus, and Jiren can be only say, like 1,5x stronger than Goku in that state. Doesn't mean he has to be taken as stronger than Gods of Destruction.

Also it's worth mentioning that not every instance of Goku using Kaioken in SSj Blue was 10x. Sometimes it was just a regular 2x, which I believe Goku used against Toppo, and the latter erroneously assumed that was all Goku's capable of. So current KKx10 SSj Blue Goku can in fact be able to fight on par with Jiren or probably even have an advantage.