Did anyone legit forget that Cabba was in this tournament?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Simere
Advanced Regular

Re: Did anyone legit forget that Cabba was in this tournament?

Post by Simere » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Cabba was a mistake in the first place. Making him a joke is the best use of his character now.

Anyway, he's here because he's the best U6 has, despite everything.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:23 pm

The gr wrote:
Asura wrote:
Xeogran wrote:You say all that but then you realize Cabba took out Nigrisshi in a 5 second long moment.. in base at that :(

Why did U3 have to lose a seemingly important member to someone who isn't getting any screentime is beyond me.
It's his punishment. For ending the screentime of the potential of an important member of another universe, karma has now struck and has ended his screentime.
Ok this made laugh out loud, just why they did that to Nigrisshi,did they even try to build up the other Universe that isn't 6 or 11.
    As for cabba, he will probably do something later on because he is a saiyan, and they are very important so I'm expecting a focused episode on him,I herd a title of a Episode that mentioned saiyan so is probably his moments to shine
    It really sucks because I liked his character design best off all the new fighters. Nigrisshi I mean.
    Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Kanious
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:04 pm

to me Cabba is like Gohan. Characters that i don't like, and don't care at all. And also they look alike in appearance...

I still have some hope that he will reach SSB or a new transformation and that he will not be like Gohan anymore for me, but i doubt.

Zagacious
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:07 pm

Forgot about Cabba,Ribrianne, and a few others entirely and thought they might have been eliminated and I didn't notice. Both of them have been getting really shitty treatment in the tournament.

Torturephile
    Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Let's see:

-He is built up as a potentially strong fighter in the U7 vs. U6 tournament, and is the first in his universe to transform into a super saiyan.
    -He introduces us to two female saiyans that quickly become the spotlight-stealing squad and transform into advanced forms of the super saiyan while he doesn't, leaving him behind as a result.
    -He knocks two characters that added nothing to the story (despite the hype behind one of them) and faced Vegeta only to not be seen again.
    -Many episodes later, he shows up again just to be fisted by Toppo.

That is the curse of looking like a blend of Vegeta (surpassed), Gohan (amateur), Yamcha (joke), and Tarble (forgotten).
    From Super episode 113 thread:
    MaskedRider wrote:
    Torturephile wrote:
    hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
    namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
    The fandom in a nutshell.
    The duality of man.

BWri
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:55 am

Xeogran wrote:You say all that but then you realize Cabba took out Nigrisshi in a 5 second long moment.. in base at that :(

Why did U3 have to lose a seemingly important member to someone who isn't getting any screentime is beyond me.
    THIS! You have to ask yourself a few questions regarding this decision. Why build up Nigrisshi as one of the best fighters in that universe? Why give Nigrisshi ANY screentime, let alone the amount he received? Why give that win to Cabba at all? Why base Cabba? Why eliminate Nigrisshi so non-chalantly (as if he's a joke)? Why haven't they showcased Cabba since?

And if Cabba never gets his rematch with Vegeta or does anything of note before getting eliminated, Why you trollin' us Super? :crazy:

Overall opinions of Cabba though: he's just replacement Gohan and since Gohan's here, Cabba's SoL. I do think he's boring and since he's been punked so much already after his initial debut and shown up by the 2 new saiyans, I find him even less appealing, but I do want to see him grow stronger and more relevant. He is the best u6 saiyan to me (at least the most tolerable one) and as a galactic guardian for lack of a better term, he could be very interesting if they delve deeper into the character. I'd like him to last a while and there's a good chance he'll get some spotlight before he's eliminated.
    Torturephile wrote:Let's see:

-He is built up as a potentially strong fighter in the U7 vs. U6 tournament, and is the first in his universe to transform into a super saiyan.
    -He introduces us to two female saiyans that quickly become the spotlight-stealing squad and transform into advanced forms of the super saiyan while he doesn't, leaving him behind as a result.
    -He knocks two characters that added nothing to the story (despite the hype behind one of them) and faced Vegeta only to not be seen again.
    -Many episodes later, he shows up again just to be fisted by Toppo.

That is the curse of looking like a blend of Vegeta (surpassed), Gohan (amateur), Yamcha (joke), and Tarble (forgotten).
    Ouch! They say the truth hurts, but never said you could murder fictional saiyans with it.
    Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

RedHeat
    Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:40 pm

The issue is, Cabba never really took off. Not in the marketing department or the fanbase, in contrast to the Saiyan girls.

Of course they still have to give some leeway just because he is a Saiyan.
    Feels over Reals.

Dbzfan94
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:47 pm

sintzu wrote:I'd take him over those 2 annoying Saiyan girls who hipefully have fallen out off screen. I think the reason they've kept him is for a rematch with Vegeta cause otherwise he has no reason to be there.
    Agreed. Though Toei would never let Caulifla and her little tag along got downed off screen, as much as I wish they would just disappear.

Lionel
    I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:48 pm

Cabba is about the only Saiyan character whom I find enjoyable. His modesty and approachable willingness to admit when he needs help or has been defeated are traits that I find to be enjoyable after so many episodes laying out the lone wolf Saiyan mantra of Goku and Vegeta. I do wish for more to be offered to him and he will likely receive it, but I wouldn't expect for it to be too much. Caulifla and Kale are bound to receive more development than Cabba is since they're up and coming additions to the roster. More people seem to be gravitating towards them than they are with Cabba.

Shlugo
    Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shlugo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Cabba was Super first attempt at introducing new Sayians and I think his popularity didn't live up to the creators hopes, thus he fell to the wayside as soon as better, more marketable Sayians got introduced.

Chuquita
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:31 pm

I was really hoping Cabba could act as a gateway to a Planet Salad arc, but it never happened.

I also was hoping he was the son of a counterpart king to Vegeta, but they never expanded on his background either.

I think he got dropped because he was too Gohan and we already have Gohan. Same with Frost and Freeza.
    My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
    ---
    フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:42 pm

No. I haven't forgotten about Cabba. I just don't have much invested in him.