"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Artorias » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:07 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Uhm i don’t know why everyone is celebrating all of a sudden, but they could both be sitting on the bench and believe they’re getting erased by Zeno.

Also, even if Goku isn’t eliminated, the writing is still crap and we still have the same problem as before - MUI Goku getting HIT by Jiren. Aswell as losing the form because of it!
I think it's almost certainly not them sitting in the stands for three reasons. One, it would be extremely odd to show Goku and Freeza side by side like that right as they're about to get erased. There's no narrative point of doing that, as focusing on those two characters together, framed like this, wouldn't really make any sense. Second, the angle they're at makes it seem like they're charging rather than sitting or even standing idly. And third, if you actually look at their faces, especially Freeza's, it's not of terror, it's clearly more of an aggressive, generic battle face.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:11 am

Artorias wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Uhm i don’t know why everyone is celebrating all of a sudden, but they could both be sitting on the bench and believe they’re getting erased by Zeno.

Also, even if Goku isn’t eliminated, the writing is still crap and we still have the same problem as before - MUI Goku getting HIT by Jiren. Aswell as losing the form because of it!
I think it's almost certainly not them sitting in the stands for three reasons. One, it would be extremely odd to show Goku and Freeza side by side like that right as they're about to get erased. There's no narrative point of doing that, as focusing on those two characters together, framed like this, wouldn't really make any sense. Second, the angle they're at makes it seem like they're charging rather than sitting or even standing idly. And third, if you actually look at their faces, especially Freeza's, it's not of terror, it's clearly more of an aggressive, generic battle face.
I also don't think you can see the pieces of rubble in the stands like that. Also, the angle should show other characters.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:13 am

HeroR wrote:
Artorias wrote:

I also don't think you can see the pieces of rubble in the stands like that. Also, the angle should show other characters.
Exactly. If this IS indeed a picture of them in the stands, it's extremely awkwardly framed and put together.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:42 am

They are awfully late with 130's Preview images...

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:07 am

Artorias wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Artorias wrote:This picture has restored my faith that they won't completely screw this ending up. Perhaps my butthurt whining was all for nothing. Because I can live with Goku not winning (even though I'd still be annoyed). I just didn't want to see ULTRA INSTINCT Goku just straight up lose to Jiren. But this image implies that Goku merely ran out of time with UI before he could finish the job, and then him and Freeza put on one final desperate assault to try and finish him off. And at that point, although it isn't exactly what I wanted, I'll at least be somewhat content. You can't always get exactly what you want, I just thought that the way the spoilers phrased the information sounded insulting and horrible in every way.
Well, me and others did say we should wait to see how Goku loses before we burn down Toei's headquarters. I never got the impressing that Jiren would just body UI Goku and I strongly suspected that UI may just run out. I know the NEP can be misleading and can't be really trusted, but bulky, glowery Jiren wasn't doing that well against UI Goku.
Yea, I will openly admit that I got a little carried away with my ranting about the spoilers. I had already been so down on the show lately, and that was kinda the final straw for me, so I broke. But maybe they'll somewhat nail this after all. And yes, now if I had to guess, I say Goku "wins" the fight in 130, but runs out of energy just before he can do the final blow, and then Freeza pops in to save him at the end, with them continuing in 131. Then what happens from there....I've no clue, because the spoilers have already been proven to be wrong with this image. Who knows what could actually happen now.
This also happened with the batch of monthly spoilers in Feb right before 128 aired. They all said only Goku and Jiren remained even though everyone and their dog knew Frieza was still there. In this case, the spoilers might just be focusing on one small moment in the overall episode. "Shit, Goku fell off! Oh, there's Frieza! Oh, Goku's fine." Something like that.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:11 am

Speaking of the preview images for 130...
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
SHIDA!

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:18 am

JazzMazz wrote:Speaking of the preview images for 130...
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
SHIDA!

WHOA DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That first one!

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:40 am

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
SHIDA!
Woah!!! Goku looks scary. This may turn out to be the best fight in dragon ball super (or even z).
HYPE!!!!!!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:47 am

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
SHIDA!
Goku's face.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:59 am

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
SHIDA!
The first picture brings me a very pleasurable feeling in my pants. OUR BOY SHIDA IS BACK! 8)
Get Fucked, C_unt

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:09 am

Win or lose, those look absolutely amazing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:33 am

JazzMazz wrote: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Jiren looks so cool :D. KICK THAT SAIYAN'S ASS!

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:21 am

Maybe the twist is that just as Goku is about to fall into the void, Frieza saves him with his tail?

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:34 am

Raphael_Z wrote:Maybe the twist is that just as Goku is about to fall into the void, Frieza saves him with his tail?
But why with the tail though?

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:36 am

Logania wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: I actually like this. It's only natural that he would switch his outfits up every one in a while.
It's only odd for me because Goku is the only one really changing clothes. Vegeta has had the same clothes for 10 years since the OVA and besides those 2 everyone else hasn't really changed at all.

Maybe I'm low key salty that they haven't used the EoZ outfit or GT outfit yet lol
Everyone aside from Piccolo and Vegeta got new outfits in BoGs and RoF. They've also been shown with different casual clothing in the Super manga. It's only really the anime that suffers from characters being almost permanently stuck in "signature" outfits.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:55 am

Khandom101 wrote:
Raphael_Z wrote:Maybe the twist is that just as Goku is about to fall into the void, Frieza saves him with his tail?
But why with the tail though?
Because it slipped.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:59 am

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
SHIDA!
What pretty lights. Maybe both characters aught to consider working for a carnival entertaining children after this. Seriously though, I don't see the "autonomous" movement that Ultra Instinct is famous for being demonstrated with that taut scrunched glower of Goku's. Wouldn't an auto-mechanically run body operate with no emotional state of being except self-preservation? How is it that Goku can display emotion in this condition? Does he retain control of his facial features and vocal cords to speak? If so then that might constitute as a minor inconsistency. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a "have your cake and eat it at the same time" mechanics fallacy but it's looking like that at the moment.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:01 am

Btw toyotaro is on a tour in germany,so we might get some interview.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:09 am

The spoilers were pretty misleading.[spoiler]I was sure Goku was out.[/spoiler]

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:23 am

Lionel wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
SHIDA!
What pretty lights. Maybe both characters aught to consider working for a carnival entertaining children after this. Seriously though, I don't see the "autonomous" movement that Ultra Instinct is famous for being demonstrated with that taut scrunched glower of Goku's. Wouldn't an auto-mechanically run body operate with no emotional state of being except self-preservation? How is it that Goku can display emotion in this condition? Does he retain control of his facial features and vocal cords to speak? If so then that might constitute as a minor inconsistency. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a "have your cake and eat it at the same time" mechanics fallacy but it's looking like that at the moment.
It was never said or implied that UI turned you into an emotionless robot since Whis has UI and doesn't. We also know that he can speak since he did it in 116. He's just all business in UI.
Kanassa wrote: