Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:39 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:TD;DR Paragus is a scientist who genetically modifies saiyans to become more powerful be giving than more S-Cells and Broly is one of those saiyans which explains his very powerful SSJ form. A.K.A: LSSJ or SSBerserk
I think you got it. This would explain why Toriyama went of out his way to explain what S-Cells were months ago. It also feels appropriate for Paragus to be a scientists just judging by his design.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:49 pm

Cetra wrote:I don't want Broly to have an armor or scars. You could not even see the wound he got when he was a baby in the movies. Armor and scars kinda destroy this invincible and invulnerable unstoppable titan feeling you get from Broly and that is even more enhanced in the movies through stuff like walking through a Kamehameha.
I don't mind the armor cause it has the meaning that he's under Freeza army now, but... Now that I'm thinking I don't like Broly to have scars, especially on his face not because it reminds Yamcha but also cause Toriyama might have the idea of a tough looking guy having scars, which is silly.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:49 pm

Damn, to lie to your fans like that and then tell them “oopsie, the sub won’t be in theaters guys!” is such a dick move. It ALMOST makes me not want to see the movie in theaters now. They can’t go one week without starting a controversy it seems.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:22 pm

MajinMan wrote:Damn, to lie to your fans like that and then tell them “oopsie, the sub won’t be in theaters guys!” is such a dick move. It ALMOST makes me not want to see the movie in theaters now. They can’t go one week without starting a controversy it seems.
Yes, lying and misleading was totally their intention.

Mistakes happen, things can easily change. The fact the movie is getting a release only a month after the Japanese screening is already amazing.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:59 pm

I think Broly will wreck everyone's shit. Goku fails at reattaining Ultra Instinct because of a primal fear instilled in him by Broly. Yes, Goku wants to become stronger and fight strong people. But this isn't a fight anymore. It's not even a battle for survival. It's trying to stop a volcanic eruption with a bag of ice.

Everyone gets beaten. They're all broken, crushed into the dirt with Broly towering over them. And in that final moment before Goku has the life stomped out of him..
[spoiler]Baby Pan shows up, flying in front of the hulking Broly. And tells him not to hurt her granpa. To stop being mean.
And Broly just...settles down.[/spoiler]
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:28 pm

Kataphrut wrote:
MajinMan wrote:Damn, to lie to your fans like that and then tell them “oopsie, the sub won’t be in theaters guys!” is such a dick move. It ALMOST makes me not want to see the movie in theaters now. They can’t go one week without starting a controversy it seems.

Mistakes happen, things can easily change. The fact the movie is getting a release only a month after the Japanese screening is already amazing.
Sure... If you're a dub fan. I'm not. Several other people aren't also. And now we will have to wait until the Bluray release to watch it. Which will probably take months.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:29 pm

Kataphrut wrote:

I know it was an accident, but my god can they not fuck up something for once? I was totally fine with it being only in English because that’s what I expected. Then they make this weird mistake by telling everyone it will also be in subbed, getting sub fans happy, then pulling it away immediately. It’s annoying, accident or not.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Monna

Post by Monna » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:29 am

Just based on the trailer, the animation in this film looks like it could be some of the most dynamic we've seen in DB. I have high hopes that we will see some beautiful and cool animation here.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:33 am

Monna wrote:Just based on the trailer, the animation in this film looks like it could be some of the most dynamic we've seen in DB. I have high hopes that we will see some beautiful and cool animation here.
Yeah, it's all looking pretty great, the only concern I have is Goku possibly being attacked by bad CG..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:47 am

PFM18 wrote:
Helios518 wrote:In case it hasn't been mention, but Funimation confirmed the movie will have subbed showings in North America! :D
https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1 ... 9973052416

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oh thank god. I was nervous about this.
Has this been removed?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:42 am

Helios518 wrote:Nvm subbed fans, Funimation flubbed up. Time to get your pitchforks. https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1 ... 4553613312
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It would be funny if it was the other way around.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:55 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Helios518 wrote:Nvm subbed fans, Funimation flubbed up. Time to get your pitchforks. https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1 ... 4553613312
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It would be funny if it was the other way around.
Funnily, I think France had ressurection F subbed only.

supersaiyandoctor
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:54 am

What do you think the text in the trailer is suggesting?

I'm referring to: 'The Saiyan warrior race.... What do you see... Beyond that strength?'

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:02 am

supersaiyandoctor wrote:What do you think the text in the trailer is suggesting?

I'm referring to: 'The Saiyan warrior race.... What do you see... Beyond that strength?'
From Toei's original post about the movie

"The theme for this remarkable new film will be “Saiyan”, the strongest race in the universe. Since “Battle of the Gods”, Goku has undergone new forms from Super Saiyan God to Super Saiyan Blue to other evolved forms that have gone up against many invincible warriors from multiple universes. This new story will focus on the origin of the Saiyans’ strength and what it means to be Saiyan."

It sounds like they really are going in deep with this. Also the destiny talk of Goku, Vegeta and Broly. Needless to say I'm really excited for this film. It sounds ambitious and if the final film can deliver. This could be the best DB material ever, animation and technical wise it already looks to be so hopefully the narrative can back it up!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:24 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
supersaiyandoctor wrote:What do you think the text in the trailer is suggesting?

From Toei's original post about the movie

"The theme for this remarkable new film will be “Saiyan”, the strongest race in the universe. Since “Battle of the Gods”, Goku has undergone new forms from Super Saiyan God to Super Saiyan Blue to other evolved forms that have gone up against many invincible warriors from multiple universes. This new story will focus on the origin of the Saiyans’ strength and what it means to be Saiyan."

It sounds like they really are going in deep with this. Also the destiny talk of Goku, Vegeta and Broly. Needless to say I'm really excited for this film. It sounds ambitious and if the final film can deliver. This could be the best DB material ever, animation and technical wise it already looks to be so hopefully the narrative can back it up!
I don’t mean to milk my own theory but judging off of this, it really wouldn’t make sense if hey didn’t cover S-Cells in some way. And Yamoshi was both the first Super Saiyan and is literally the spirit of god ki.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:33 am

After reading some of the comments to try to bring my self up to speed I have a few things in my mind...
1. It seems Broly was genetically made. To quote Arrested Development: "She's not real, she was made in a cup. Like soup. A $130,000 cup of soup."
2. Vegeta Red. Wasn't expecting that but I am loving it already.
3. Would this be "it"? Another movie to have a bunch of dead Z warriors and a sad ending?
4. While I enjoy seeing fusions a lot, I don't think they are going with the cliche ending of having Goku and Vegeta fuse and save the day. Hell, I think they're losing this one.
5. I don't think Goku is going UI neither.
6. I am upset that Funimation backed down from subbing the movie and not releasing it the same day as Japan or an earlier date than the dubbed one. I can't take Funimation seriously. I guess it was too much of me to expect them to release the original subbed keeping in mind the way the mishandle the franchise.
7. Back to the movie, hopefully this movie marks the return of the tails as the power source of the Saiyans. Since Goku and Vegeta don't have theirs anymore, they can't get close to Broly in power level.
8. I am hoping that Toriyama has a card under his sleeves (Broly having one extra form not shown yet and with some luck, it should be SS4)
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:37 am

Zelvin wrote:I think Broly will wreck everyone's shit. Goku fails at reattaining Ultra Instinct because of a primal fear instilled in him by Broly. Yes, Goku wants to become stronger and fight strong people. But this isn't a fight anymore. It's not even a battle for survival. It's trying to stop a volcanic eruption with a bag of ice.

Everyone gets beaten. They're all broken, crushed into the dirt with Broly towering over them. And in that final moment before Goku has the life stomped out of him..
[spoiler]Baby Pan shows up, flying in front of the hulking Broly. And tells him not to hurt her granpa. To stop being mean.
And Broly just...settles down.[/spoiler]
That would be the best ending ever :lol:

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:36 am

Toriyama's message about Broly and that picture could be broly's homeplace?? because in movie 8 the castle looks exactly the same
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

what do you guys think?
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:42 am

BrolyKale wrote:Toriyama's message about Broly and that picture could be broly's homeplace?? because in movie 8 the castle looks exactly the same
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

what do you guys think?
First thought that popped up in message "Has he even copied that?"

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:43 am

Broly is just looking for a friend :lol:
How i predict the tournament will end: