"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyaSith
Regular

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon May 09, 2016 7:49 am

HAIKEN-00 wrote: But, now that I think about it, I don't see how it would be Bardock - considering the power scale between him and the rest of the Z-Fighters (namely Goku and Vegeta) is so massive. Granted, he could have become stronger, but I doubt he could reach the level those two are at.
In DBO Towa makes him stronger using mind control and dark magic. It's similar to Xenoverse.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon May 09, 2016 7:50 am

I cannot believe that so many cliche things happen to become true now.:D But maybe exactly something as over the top as Dragon Ball is the franchise that fits for that.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

HAIKEN-00
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HAIKEN-00 » Mon May 09, 2016 7:52 am

SaiyaSith wrote:
HAIKEN-00 wrote: But, now that I think about it, I don't see how it would be Bardock - considering the power scale between him and the rest of the Z-Fighters (namely Goku and Vegeta) is so massive. Granted, he could have become stronger, but I doubt he could reach the level those two are at.
In DBO Towa makes him stronger using mind control and dark magic. It's similar to Xenoverse.
And Dragon Ball Online, if you take it in account of it being the OG Xenoverse.

Anyways, that's if Towa and Mira (I hope not) or someone similar to them are even in Super.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon May 09, 2016 7:54 am

pacz360 wrote:Yay more fan fiction lite ideas coming to life I wonder how they going to ruin future trunks like they did with freeza also black goku really? Making the super is fan fiction/Tori running out of ideas argument very strong by the day Hoping to god is not bardock.

True, but it might be good. I'm sure The animation will be bad like always, and I'm sure they'll keep the bland music, but maybe...just maybe they'll do us right for the first time since raging blast...... a man can dream.....
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon May 09, 2016 7:54 am

HAIKEN-00 wrote:
And Dragon Ball Online, if you take it in account of it being the OG Xenoverse.

Anyways, that's if Towa and Mira (I hope not) or someone similar to them are even in Super.
DBO = Dragon Ball Online

And I hope Mira and Towa are in it because it's too good of a storyline not to put in DBS.

HAIKEN-00
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HAIKEN-00 » Mon May 09, 2016 7:55 am

SaiyaSith wrote:And I hope Mira and Towa are in it because it's too good of a storyline not to put in DBS.
It would knock originality out of the window, but Toriyama doesn't seem to have a problem with that based on these latest reveals.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon May 09, 2016 7:58 am

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Yay more fan fiction lite ideas coming to life I wonder how they going to ruin future trunks like they did with freeza also black goku really? Making the super is fan fiction/Tori running out of ideas argument very strong by the day Hoping to god is not bardock.

True, but it might be good. I'm sure The animation will be bad like always, and I'm sure they'll keep the bland music, but maybe...just maybe they'll do us right for the first time since raging blast...... a man can dream.....
True however I'm not exactly have confidence Toei nor Tori to give us something satisfying in this arc 50/50 here with this one.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon May 09, 2016 7:59 am

I am excited about the Trunks Saga. But I never want to hear anyone say again "oh Broly during the Cell Games waiting time is so unrealistic" when in the 10 years gap of the last chapter Battle of Gods, Fukkatsu no F, Tournament U6v7, Trunks and Grinch ruins Christmas happens.

EDIT: AND Omni Tournament.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon May 09, 2016 8:04 am

HAIKEN-00 wrote:It would knock originality out of the window, but Toriyama doesn't seem to have a problem with that based on these latest reveals.
It's Toriyama's original idea. This could be the backstory for Future Trunk's Time Travel Patrol.

HAIKEN-00
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HAIKEN-00 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:05 am

SaiyaSith wrote:Future Trunk's Time Travel Patrol.
.. Oh please, don't allow this to happen, Toriyama.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon May 09, 2016 8:06 am

At this point it should be clear that Toriyama-san does not care what is added to Dragon Ball lore, just his details should be included. So Toei and Toyble are obviously two instances that matter as well.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon May 09, 2016 8:10 am

HAIKEN-00 wrote:.. Oh please, don't allow this to happen, Toriyama.
PLEASE make it happen, Toriyama!

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Mon May 09, 2016 8:12 am

Neon Z wrote:Regarding the opening, I think we could see it changing in the one year mark. The ending is constantly replaced, so they clearly aren't going for a classic presentation there. One Piece doesn't even have ending sequences anymore, so it's clearly a different case.

Boo Kai had a lot of endings like Super and still only 1 opening.

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Mon May 09, 2016 8:13 am

SaiyaSith wrote:
HAIKEN-00 wrote:It would knock originality out of the window, but Toriyama doesn't seem to have a problem with that based on these latest reveals.
It's Toriyama's original idea. This could be the backstory for Future Trunk's Time Travel Patrol.
Oh god no, the last thing we need is DBO crap all over again with Xenoverse.

HAIKEN-00
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HAIKEN-00 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:14 am

Vados_chan wrote:
SaiyaSith wrote:
Oh god no, the last thing we need is DBO crap all over again with Xenoverse.
This.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Mon May 09, 2016 8:15 am

Black Goku? Maybe an evil one?
I've already seen this officially happening in Dragon Ball Heroes promo manga. I wonder if this will be in some way similar...
Last edited by macho_man on Mon May 09, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Mon May 09, 2016 8:17 am

generalred3 wrote: Not that I disagree, but I am just curious. At this point what would be original? Fanfics have been around for 20 years in regards to Dragonball and I think at this point just about everything has been done. Do you have an original idea that hasn't been put into fanfic before? I doubt there are too many left. With that said, I am also underwhelmed by an evil Goku but lets give it some time and see how it actually plays out before everyone resorts to calling it nothing but fanfic and getting turned off by it. I think it definitely has potential with Toriyama at the helm.
I would say the Universe 6 arc had some original ideas. The story of the upcoming arc is not revealed yet so i can't say much about that but the return of old characters is what i call unoriginal and i don't like it no matter how popular or how much someone loves that character if his character arc had a perfect closure and i think Trunks' arc was concluded quite well don't bring him back. Freeza was a disappointment because their was no point in bringing him back.
Yeah which is why i said i am not going to jump to conclusion because of Toriyama's involvement there might be something interesting but i don't have high hopes.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon May 09, 2016 8:18 am

Evil Goku could have worked so well in a post-GT story as Goku was absorbing the Dragon Balls and they needed time to purify.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon May 09, 2016 8:24 am

Future Trunks and time travel will open up so many possibilities to DBS, I'm so excited!!! :D

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon May 09, 2016 8:30 am

With Trunks I cannot wait for new Golden Cell videos. :D
"Citation needed."
"too lazy