"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:22 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:If Krillin and Android 18 is episode 84 with Android 17 in episode 86 who is episode 85?
No news yet but probably Roshi and Piccolo. Goku goes to Roshi and Gohan goes to Piccolo.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:22 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:If Krillin and Android 18 is episode 84 with Android 17 in episode 86 who is episode 85?
Piccolo and tien maybe?

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:38 pm

It's already stated that 85 Goku will go to dende to look for 17 and that the kaioshin will reunite in universe 11 to talk about the tounament or something.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
It's already stated that 85 Goku will go to dende to look for 17 and that the kaioshin will reunite in universe 11 to talk about the tounament or something.
That surely can't be all for episode 85 if it is then recruiting could easily be another 5-6 episodes.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:07 pm

I am looking forward to that kaioshin Reunion in Universe 11.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Predicting Mid-May to late May the tournament will start. They're learning their lessons from the U6 arc, that arc needed way more set up. We got a taste of things with the Zen Exhibition match, I am quite content waiting that long. And in my opinion the recruitment and training is as just important as the actual tournament.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:14 pm

Guesswhoo wrote:By recent reaction for episode 84 preview, it seems that a "non badass-type character" getting a power up is completely unforgivable ( some call it bad writing ). WTF ! DB is all about surpassing oneself through hardwork and conviction regardless of potential, it's Krillin turn now. Maybe it's because of the recent "no-train OP Main character" trend :sick: where every-non main cast stay at their place because of destiny-plot ( I look at you Naruto and Bleach)
I personnaly like it especially because Krillin have been training in secret. The boy give it his all and many get salty over it ? :thumbdown:
Dont u mean getting another powerup because Toei isnt retconning the Krillin mini-arc, Krillin had to overcome his inner demons to get a powerup, its not like he got a powerup out of nowhere.

Now the NEP implied Krillin has a new technique, though if he really forces Goku to use Blue then Krillin mightve learned Kaioken. At the end of episode 76, Krillin and Goku were going to spar again, Krillin couldve asked him how to do Kaioken, since he already has perfect Ki control thanks to the Cave training.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:16 pm

I wish the Champa arc had this kind of pre-tournament build-up!

I'm happy they learned their lesson, but it's too late, imo. The Omni Tournament is still doing nothing for me.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:17 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Guesswhoo wrote:By recent reaction for episode 84 preview, it seems that a "non badass-type character" getting a power up is completely unforgivable ( some call it bad writing ). WTF ! DB is all about surpassing oneself through hardwork and conviction regardless of potential, it's Krillin turn now. Maybe it's because of the recent "no-train OP Main character" trend :sick: where every-non main cast stay at their place because of destiny-plot ( I look at you Naruto and Bleach)
I personnaly like it especially because Krillin have been training in secret. The boy give it his all and many get salty over it ? :thumbdown:
Dont u mean getting another powerup because Toei isnt retconning the Krillin mini-arc, Krillin had to overcome his inner demons to get a powerup, its not like he got a powerup out of nowhere.

Now the NEP implied Krillin has a new technique, though if he really forces Goku to use Blue then Krillin mightve learned Kaioken. At the end of episode 76, Krillin and Goku were going to spar again, Krillin couldve asked him how to do Kaioken, since he already has perfect Ki control thanks to the Cave training.
Still find it funny that on EP 75 and 76 Krillin kept telling Goku "NO GOING SSJ AYT?" then NEP we see Goku going SSJB, I just hope they have a good reason as to why Goku went SSJB.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:23 pm

Sodhi wrote:I am looking forward to that kaioshin Reunion in Universe 11.

Me too, that should be fun to watch the others talk shit about Universe 7. I wonder what Shin will have to say about Goku? Will the Old Kai go with him?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:33 pm

SansrivaaL wrote: Still find it funny that on EP 75 and 76 Krillin kept telling Goku "NO GOING SSJ AYT?" then NEP we see Goku going SSJB, I just hope they have a good reason as to why Goku went SSJB.
At the end of Episode 76, he said it while he was laughing, we could imply he was joking around.

I'm not ruling out Goku vs Krillin also happens to be like Basil vs Krillin.

Just in case lets be ready for the storm will come down in the next episode, because some fans wont like if Krillin has some offense on current Gohan when it already been mentioned 2 times that Krillin has been training in secret AND has a secret technique.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:22 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Still find it funny that on EP 75 and 76 Krillin kept telling Goku "NO GOING SSJ AYT?" then NEP we see Goku going SSJB, I just hope they have a good reason as to why Goku went SSJB.
At the end of Episode 76, he said it while he was laughing, we could imply he was joking around.

Just in case lets be ready for the storm will come down in the next episode, because some fans wont like if Krillin has some offense on current Gohan when it already been mentioned 2 times that Krillin has been training in secret AND has a secret technique.
Well in the NEP we already know he catches Gohan with Taiyoken and seemed like he swept his leg with a kick.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:40 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

Well in the NEP we already know he catches Gohan with Taiyoken and seemed like he swept his leg with a kick.
It's ironic that solar flare has pretty much become krillins signature technique instead of tenshinhahns.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:57 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Predicting Mid-May to late May the tournament will start. They're learning their lessons from the U6 arc, that arc needed way more set up. We got a taste of things with the Zen Exhibition match, I am quite content waiting that long. And in my opinion the recruitment and training is as just important as the actual tournament.
How good the build up is will ddepend on how the tournament itself is. If it is does not have a decent length and does not use the characters in a good way which means them having at least 2 fights each then the build up will just be false hype and completely pointless.

There is also no confirmation of them training so far and without that, the build up should be shorter.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

kinisking wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

It's ironic that solar flare has pretty much become krillins signature technique instead of tenshinhahns.
That's true it's similar to how Kaioken is usually more related to Goku than Kaio even though Kaio invented it. Ten has never used Taiyoken after his fight with Kid Goku. Kuririn has used it twice in Z, and after next episode, it'll be the second time he's used it in Super.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
incarnati0n wrote:Barely no one is opposed to Krillin geting a power boost. People only are complaining because it's retarded for a guy who didn't train for the longest time to suddenly come back for a brief time and become tens of times stronger than he ever was before. Makes no sense.
Either way, we don't have any idea of what is actually going to happen. Gohan probably scaled his power down and slowly brought it up during the fight to gauge krillin's full strenght and the ssb goku was probably the normal ''Preview Baiting'' that sometimes happens.
You mean like Gohan getting his potential unlocked again?
Are you serious to death comparing Gohan, a half breed Saiyan that we saw since its first introduction to have hidden powers with Krillin? A human being that in his peak is probably not enough to deal with Freeza second form?
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Predicting Mid-May to late May the tournament will start. They're learning their lessons from the U6 arc, that arc needed way more set up. We got a taste of things with the Zen Exhibition match, I am quite content waiting that long. And in my opinion the recruitment and training is as just important as the actual tournament.
I don't think 48 hours will be a whole month, mate, I think you're being to pessimist. The Tournament Of Power might start in April 23rd, probably.
TheMathemagician wrote:That's true it's similar to how Kaioken is usually more related to Goku than Kaio even though Kaio invented it.
Your comparison don't make much sense since we never saw King Kai fighting, but I would say it's similar to Kamehameha that is always related more to Goku than Mutenroshi, the one who invented it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Noah wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
incarnati0n wrote:Barely no one is opposed to Krillin geting a power boost. People only are complaining because it's retarded for a guy who didn't train for the longest time to suddenly come back for a brief time and become tens of times stronger than he ever was before. Makes no sense.
Either way, we don't have any idea of what is actually going to happen. Gohan probably scaled his power down and slowly brought it up during the fight to gauge krillin's full strenght and the ssb goku was probably the normal ''Preview Baiting'' that sometimes happens.
You mean like Gohan getting his potential unlocked again?
Are you serious to death comparing Gohan, a half breed Saiyan that we saw since its first introduction to have hidden powers with Krillin? A human being that in his peak is probably not enough to deal with Freeza second form?.
The whole crux behind Gohan's character is that when he gets angry his power spikes. And then from the end of the Cell arc and beyond, that plot device is never re-visited again. Instead, he is literally handed a free power-up in the Majin Boo arc despite previously not training for seven years, and becomes strongest fighter in the universe. It doesn't help that he had his potential unlocked before that moment twice. Just making the whole scenario it seem like more of a convenient case of making him more relevant to the story at that time.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:43 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Noah wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: You mean like Gohan getting his potential unlocked again?
Are you serious to death comparing Gohan, a half breed Saiyan that we saw since its first introduction to have hidden powers with Krillin? A human being that in his peak is probably not enough to deal with Freeza second form?.
The whole crux behind Gohan's character is that when he gets angry his power spikes. And then from the end of the Cell arc and beyond, that plot device is never re-visited again. Instead, he is literally handed a free power-up in the Majin Boo arc despite previously not training for seven years, and becomes strongest fighter in the universe. It doesn't help that he had his potential unlocked before that moment twice. Just making the whole scenario it seem like more of a convenient case of making him more relevant to the story at that time.
Actually it is revisited. Gohan mentions he can't get angry like he used to, so he couldn't access his power. Not to mention with the previous power up from Guru, it's immediately thrown out the window when Gohan still shows off more hidden power and potential in the literal same arc. They don't even let that be his cap for the arc, which you could argue for SSJ2. The power up later very much was a way to try and tie him back into the front seat...even if barely. I won't mind anything with Krillin so long as it's explained well enough....can't be worse than Trunks....I hope.....
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:55 pm

Regarding Gohan people were theorizing in other platforms that he might get a new transformation in this arc. I don't know I think he will just get his 'Ultimate' form back and period, but I wouldn't doubt Toei pulling some sh** and giving Gohan an inexplicable transformation with God-like aura like Trunks rage thing.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Noah wrote:Regarding Gohan people were theorizing in other platforms that he might get a new transformation in this arc. I don't know I think he will just get his 'Ultimate' form back and period, but I wouldn't doubt Toei pulling some sh** and giving Gohan an inexplicable transformation with God-like aura like Trunks rage thing.
Where did you see people discussing that?

Honestly I could see it. I already said in the episode thread that the reason they left Rou Kaioshin on Earth while Shin went to search on other planets is because he is going to do the ritual again due to the lack of time. About a new transformation, the decider will be if Toei wants the merch sales now or wants to wait for a later arc.