"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:55 am

I love that Gokuu knows Kuririn so well he can basically fight exactly like him. This image training method should be repeated more often. I'd love to see someone image train against Cell so that they can bring back Wakamoto Norio.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:23 am

JulieYBM wrote:I love that Gokuu knows Kuririn so well he can basically fight exactly like him. This image training method should be repeated more often. I'd love to see someone image train against Cell so that they can bring back Wakamoto Norio.
I'd love to hear him again, they should cast him as another person if Cell isn't gonna appear.

Is he still active and up to it, though? His performance in Kai was way different and I seem to remember people saying he sounds bored in the video games (or some audio-related problems).

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:51 am

Noah wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Predicting Mid-May to late May the tournament will start. They're learning their lessons from the U6 arc, that arc needed way more set up. We got a taste of things with the Zen Exhibition match, I am quite content waiting that long. And in my opinion the recruitment and training is as just important as the actual tournament.
I don't think 48 hours will be a whole month, mate, I think you're being to pessimist. The Tournament Of Power might start in April 23rd, probably.
Not being pessimistic its what I want. And this episode covered a mere hour it can easily last until May hell if that keeps up at the hour rate they could theoretically do an episode an hour so we get 39 eps of recruitment and training :P

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:47 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Noah wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Predicting Mid-May to late May the tournament will start. They're learning their lessons from the U6 arc, that arc needed way more set up. We got a taste of things with the Zen Exhibition match, I am quite content waiting that long. And in my opinion the recruitment and training is as just important as the actual tournament.
I don't think 48 hours will be a whole month, mate, I think you're being to pessimist. The Tournament Of Power might start in April 23rd, probably.
Not being pessimistic its what I want. And this episode covered a mere hour it can easily last until May hell if that keeps up at the hour rate they could theoretically do an episode an hour so we get 39 eps of recruitment and training :P
There is also the fact that Piccolo and Tien might have there very own episodes.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:15 am

Noah wrote: Mostly on YouTube and Facebook.

I don't know, maybe Toei give Gohan fans what they want after a long time, but I think they will play safe this time.
Don't know about others but I already got what I want, gohan to exist, everything else is icing on the cake
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:20 am

Ki Breaker wrote:

I don't know, maybe Toei give Gohan fans what they want after a long time, but I think they will play safe this time.
Don't know about others but I already got what I want, gohan to exist, everything else is icing on the cake
He is practically the second main character of this arc. He has legit been far more relevant and involved than Vegeta has and every body else besides Goku, Shin, Beerus and Whis.

And along with Goku he has been given the role of finding members and has position as strategist of the team.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:26 am

alakazam^ wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I love that Gokuu knows Kuririn so well he can basically fight exactly like him. This image training method should be repeated more often. I'd love to see someone image train against Cell so that they can bring back Wakamoto Norio.
I'd love to hear him again, they should cast him as another person if Cell isn't gonna appear.

Is he still active and up to it, though? His performance in Kai was way different and I seem to remember people saying he sounds bored in the video games (or some audio-related problems).
He still seems to at least try in his other roles. It's just Dragon Ball where he has been phoning it in for the past ten years...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:08 pm

HeroR wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I wish the Champa arc had this kind of pre-tournament build-up!

I'm happy they learned their lesson, but it's too late, imo. The Omni Tournament is still doing nothing for me.
People keep saying this, but the Champa Saga did have pre-tournament build-up. The arc started in Episode 28 and the first match didn't begin to Episode 33. That is about six episodes, a month in real time.
Showing barely half an episode of Gokû and Vegeta's 3 year RoSaT training was a ripoff imo. During the Cell arc we actually saw characters train and prepare. I was all excited for some RoSaT adventures and all I got was one scene! Granted it had Tate in it, but one scene? Their training under Whis had multiple episodes!

I want to see characters actually train, and I feel like we weren't getting it because the show's schedule was too tight.

Now were getting prep, but it doesn't matter to me because I don't care much for the Omni Tournament arc.
Last edited by Chuquita on Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:09 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:I just hope that there is a connection between SSRage and the Female Broly's Green form.

I just want SSRage to be explained better. I have headcanoned it to be the polar opposite of SSBlue. It is as strong as Super Saiyan Blue/Rose, but those have perfect ki control and calmness. The SSRage has godly power strain and anger.

Maybe Vegeta and Goku will comment on the green-haired form and point out the similarities to Trunks' SSRage.
My theory is that a saiyan can unlock that form due to feeling hostility toward someone (like in Mob Psycho 100, Mob had anger form and hostility form).

Trunks felt hostility toward Black because 1) He killed his mother and friends, and 2) because he was blaming him for everything that happened in the future.

Fem Broly in base form seemed like a shy girl, maybe she got bullied to the point she felt hostility toward those that bullied her :think:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:08 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Showing barely half an episode of Gokû and Vegeta's 3 year RoSaT training was a ripoff imo. During the Cell arc we actually saw characters train and prepare. I was all excited for some RoSaT adventures and all I got was one scene! Granted it had Tate in it, but one scene? Their training under Whis had multiple episodes!

I want to see characters actually train, and I feel like we weren't getting it because the show's schedule was too tight.

Now were getting prep, but it doesn't matter to me because I don't care much for the Omni Tournament arc.
That's fine. But saying the Champa Saga had no build up isn't true. It's more fair to say 'I wanted more'.

And I doubt it was schedule since Super in general doesn't show training. It's like the Dragon Ball manga in that respect. Most of the training scenes fan love was anime filler. Even now, they're not showing training, just the team pick.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:11 pm

The Champa tournament was a minor small-scale tournament, it's obvious why it didn't have much build-up. Especially after we saw how it played out with Goku and Vegeta being the only two characters who did anything.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:31 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:

He is practically the second main character of this arc. He has legit been far more relevant and involved than Vegeta has and every body else besides Goku, Shin, Beerus and Whis.

And along with Goku he has been given the role of finding members and has position as strategist of the team.
Right Gohan is getting so much more to do then anyone expected or hoped, I like it as the Goku/Gohan dynamic has largely been missing in this series and these episodes so far with them have been refreshing. I also miss Goku and Krillin's relationship the mini arc they recently had was great and I can't wait for more!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Don't know about others but I already got what I want, gohan to exist, everything else is icing on the cake

Right Gohan is getting so much more to do then anyone expected or hoped, I like it as the Goku/Gohan dynamic has largely been missing in this series and these episodes so far with them have been refreshing. I also miss Goku and Krillin's relationship the mini arc they recently had was great and I can't wait for more!
Yup. These are the two relationships I missed the most. Goku and Vegeta are great but it's getting so stale because of over exposure. I also miss Goku and Roshi and Goku and Tien.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:37 pm

Meh I want me some Roshi Goku Krillin time, hence the reason why I want Krillin and Roshi to get their asses kicked while Goku's forced to watch being as all his enemies will likely see him as the one that started this attitude era and all. Attacking Goku mentally would be more entertaining than everyone snaping at him and attacking him physically.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:41 pm

kinisking wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote: He is practically the second main character of this arc. He has legit been far more relevant and involved than Vegeta has and every body else besides Goku, Shin, Beerus and Whis.

Yup. These are the two relationships I missed the most. Goku and Vegeta are great but it's getting so stale because of over exposure. I also miss Goku and Roshi and Goku and Tien.
Yeah the Goku Vegeta dynamic got so stale. This is where it is at. Though man did Gohan make a complete 180 in how he acts. This feels so different from how he was before, and suddenly he's all peppy about it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:44 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Right Gohan is getting so much more to do then anyone expected or hoped, I like it as the Goku/Gohan dynamic has largely been missing in this series and these episodes so far with them have been refreshing. I also miss Goku and Krillin's relationship the mini arc they recently had was great and I can't wait for more!
Yeah the Goku Vegeta dynamic got so stale. This is where it is at. Though man did Gohan make a complete 180 in how he acts. This feels so different from how he was before, and suddenly he's all peppy about it.
The thing is, he was always insistent and excited about helping fight. So this is more of a return to form. Although I think they pushed it a little bit when he got excited watching his dad fight. I'll let that pass considering how unique the situation was though.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:47 pm

kinisking wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote: He is practically the second main character of this arc. He has legit been far more relevant and involved than Vegeta has and every body else besides Goku, Shin, Beerus and Whis.

Right, I do like how post-Black they scaled the Goku and Vegeta relationship back. This is actually why I want these recruitment episodes to last as long as they can and then everyone working together in the ToP should be pretty exciting aswell! The Freeza movie was cool seeing the Z fighters work together but sadly Goku and Vegeta were reserved for the main event and thankfully that won't happen here. So glad they went this route instead of a traditional tourney.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Right Gohan is getting so much more to do then anyone expected or hoped, I like it as the Goku/Gohan dynamic has largely been missing in this series and these episodes so far with them have been refreshing. I also miss Goku and Krillin's relationship the mini arc they recently had was great and I can't wait for more!

What about Gohan/Krillin relationship? I enjoyed their interactions in the Saiyan Saga and Namek Saga.

@ChaosLordBrandon
Yeah, Shin actually became relevant in the Black Arc, although not as much as his manga counterpart, I could see him reach that level of relevance in episode 85, with the rest of the Kaioshins bullying him, if there is some kind of fight I wish for Shin to punch Rou in the face(Luffy vs Tenryuubito style).

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:04 pm

kinisking wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
kinisking wrote: Yup. These are the two relationships I missed the most. Goku and Vegeta are great but it's getting so stale because of over exposure. I also miss Goku and Roshi and Goku and Tien.
The thing is, he was always insistent and excited about helping fight. So this is more of a return to form. Although I think they pushed it a little bit when he got excited watching his dad fight. I'll let that pass considering how unique the situation was though.
Helping is one thing, but here he is feeling kinda like Goku excited when it comes to fighting. I've never been on the train he hated fighting entirely, but I've never seen him so excited for one either. It's the most interesting thing they've done with Gohan so far, and I am curious whether it's dropped later, or they play to this feeling.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm so dissatisfied with the way things are going in Super in regards to Vegeta and Gokû that my patience for everything else in the story is incredibly low.

Like, I didn't feel a damn thing about this past weekend's episode even though it's supposed to be all "aww, baby". I used to be interested about Bra before Super began and now I just don't. It's like I just don't care about this arc and that's worse than feeling negative about it imo. I want an actual antagonist. I want Vegeta rescued from this vanilla domestic endgame. I don't care about Jiren or not!Brolli.

I want at least one positive thing to look forward to in this show again! Give me a reason to continue watching the day it comes out! I'm barely posting in the episode threads anymore because I feel so disappointed in where this show's going. I can put up with a lot as long as I'm getting the bare minimum of stuff to look forward to, but I don't even have that anymore!

If I hadn't enjoyed earlier portions of this series so much I'd have dropped it episodes ago and probably should drop it now since I'm clearly one of the few people not having fun anymore but I stupidly hold out hope that it'll get better.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!