"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:44 pm

You guys think anyone is gonna die this tournament?
I place my bet in tien Krillin and 18 kicking the bucket..
Even if killing isn't allowed, some might do it
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Actually we still do not know, if Toei made that up then Toriyama would have said so instead he said Toei break the outline into scripts, expand things and move things around, he didn't mention anything about Toei making changes.
"Expand things, move things around"
That can pass for them making kaioken up.. it's clear they made that up, if toriyama wanted that we would get it in the manga..
In what world does that equal making KK up?
Again how is it clear? Toriyama never designed a SSG Vegeta and we got that (horrible) thing in the Manga, Toyo said he was gonna be ahead of the anime soon how's that panned out? People gladly take his word but ignore when Toriyama flat out said what Toei do to his outline.
If things overlap then we can say for sure it was in the outline if it wasn't then we can't say with certainty simple as that.
Let me rephrase that, if they can move things around, expand the outline they can add things of their own to make it happen, and kaioken not being common to both media isn't a toriyama original, like SSG Vegeta isn't a toriyama original
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:57 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:You guys think anyone is gonna die this tournament?
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: "Expand things, move things around"
That can pass for them making kaioken up.. it's clear they made that up, if toriyama wanted that we would get it in the manga..
Again how is it clear? Toriyama never designed a SSG Vegeta and we got that (horrible) thing in the Manga, Toyo said he was gonna be ahead of the anime soon how's that panned out? People gladly take his word but ignore when Toriyama flat out said what Toei do to his outline.
If things overlap then we can say for sure it was in the outline if it wasn't then we can't say with certainty simple as that.
Let me rephrase that, if they can move things around, expand the outline they can add things of their own to make it happen, and kaioken not being common to both media isn't a toriyama original, like SSG Vegeta isn't a toriyama original
I don't know about them dying but where do they go after they fall out of the ring ?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:57 pm

Araki wrote:Toyotaro said in advance how the Black arc would follow deliberately different ways. Note how he never said "it's gonna be closer to Toriyama's outline" instead, and that came after Toriyama said he should insert his own ideas. But if anyone wants to believe he's not doing that, more power for them i guess, lol. It's so clear he's making a lot of shit up.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Actually we still do not know, if Toei made that up then Toriyama would have said so instead he said Toei break the outline into scripts, expand things and move things around, he didn't mention anything about Toei making changes.
"Expand things, move things around"
I will try to make this as easy as possible to understand.
The general consensus around here has been that we can surmise what is in Toriyama's original outline based on the similarities, and what wasn't based on the differences.

I.e. Most level headed people accept that Toyotaro brought back SSG, however these same level headed people also believe Toei likely made up SSKx SSB. Further, because things such as SS Rage do not appear in manga, it is also thought that this also does not appear in the outline. We know, and have factual hard evidences of instances Toyotaro has followed Toriyama's notation more closely than Toei. This includes Toyotaro's "addition" of SSJ Black which was actually from a notation on the original Black design and was skipped, ignored, overlooked, deemed unneccessary (whatever you want to say) by Toei.

Further Toyotaro DID say he would be ahead of the anime soon and would be SENDING his work to them. And in the reveal for the Universal Survival Arc?? We see them using Toyotaro's artwork to reveal the anime, implying he what he said was once again true. Toyotaro never stated the manga would be ahead of the anime, and not too many people care that it isn't anyway.
I think this is what everyone in here is trying to tell you. You keep stating Toyotaro makes things up that wasn't in the outline such as SSG, yet when we say SSB x KK wasn't in the outline suddenly we are met with "we don't know that it could have been". Its just as likely SSG could have been.
This logic makes no sense.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Any news yet on a Limit Break x Survivor full version yet? Haven't seen anything yet on CDJapan, so I assume not, but just asking anyways

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:59 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Then there is a small chance we get a genkidama moment in the manga but with Goku instead of Trunks ?
If the outline is something like, "Once Goku and Vegeta defuse, Goku remembers the button he got from Zeno so he summoned him to kill Zamasu but while doing so he destroyed Trunks' timeline as well" then we probably won't get that.
Araki wrote:Toyotaro said in advance how the Black arc would follow deliberately different ways. Note how he never said "it's gonna be closer to Toriyama's outline".
"Fundamentally, I don't deviate from the major plotlines that Toriyama's laid down. As far as the plot getting from A to B, that's written as Toriyama lays down. But as far as the details between those plot points, I'm free to fill them in myself".

This was on October 26th 2016. Who the main characters are and who fights who are major plot points and if the above is to be believed then what we got in the anime was more than likely added in by Toei.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:07 am

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:38 am

Kagari wrote:Piccolo returns in episode 85: https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/847342001280360449
Why can't Goku go there instead of Gohan. I want Goku and Piccolo to spar together.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:58 am

Looks like its everyone vs team U7!!!!!!

Can we really call that a tournament?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:14 am

pacz360 wrote: Both toyo and toei have their own way of doing based on tori basic outline.
Black did get stronger than Vegeta at the end and Vegeta never defeated Black. This was more or less confirmed when Black was called the strongest non-fused character after Beerus.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:03 am

Something Toyotaro drew for French fans.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
https://mobile.twitter.com/DBZcom/statu ... 2753165312
Last edited by mfwlegend3 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:05 am

Pretty sure neither the manga and anime are that close to Toriyama's intentions with how things should go, SSJG coming back and SSJBKK are way too weird to be AT's idea.

Q:So far Dragon Ball Super has followed Toriyama-sensei‘s plot, but I think it might be interesting for Toyotarō-sensei to become more involved with the story-writing process from here on out!
Toriyama: Good idea!! I bet it’ll make it more interesting to include Toyotarō-sensei‘s original ideas.
Toyo got the go sign, and he was allowed to expand the story, its not that hard to take that he's been adding his own stuffs. Bottom line is, we will never know how Toriyama envisioned things to go. (unless he writes a novel again, hence why I take the RF movie more legit than the series arc)
Toyotaro: as far as the details between those plot points, I'm free to fill them in myself. The Trunks arc within Dragon Ball Super will hit the U.S. soon, and while a certain reveal is the same in the manga, anime, and Toriyama's outline, both the anime and manga have different ways of getting there.
namekiansaiyan wrote: Why can't Goku go there instead of Gohan. I want Goku and Piccolo to spar together.
Because Gohan needs to get in shape, who better than Piccolo to whip him back.
I'm with Krillin,Roshi,Tien and Piccolo dying.
Lapislettuce wrote: I don't know about them dying but where do they go after they fall out of the ring ?
They fall for all eternity... its a null void, unless the angels has something down there to catch them or anything.

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:12 am

So many straight episodes with gohan having a role in the plot. If someone told me this a couple months ago I wouldn't believe it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:35 am

I wonder is Champa gonna be a spy for Beerus and repay his favour back?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:39 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Why can't Goku go there instead of Gohan. I want Goku and Piccolo to spar together.
Because Gohan needs to get in shape, who better than Piccolo to whip him back.
I'm with Krillin,Roshi,Tien and Piccolo dying.
Lapislettuce wrote: I don't know about them dying but where do they go after they fall out of the ring ?
They fall for all eternity... its a null void, unless the angels has something down there to catch them or anything.
It is also good that Piccolo gets to beat Gohan up again. The Piccolo and Gohan bit will probably carry over to episode 86 as there seems to be a lot going on in episode 85. They should go into a rebuilt Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

No one will die, why would anyone kill someone if they know they will get disqualified especially with the results of the tournament being huge.

They will probably be put to the side by their Angles until either their Universe loses, which means they get destroyed or their Universe wins.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:49 am

SansrivaaL wrote:They fall for all eternity... its a null void, unless the angels has something down there to catch them or anything.
If it's an empty void of absolutely nothing, there shouldn't be any gravity either. They might just float out there.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:06 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:They fall for all eternity... its a null void, unless the angels has something down there to catch them or anything.
If it's an empty void of absolutely nothing, there shouldn't be any gravity either. They might just float out there.
And there's no flight techniques allowed, so you're stuck slowly (or quickly) floating away, away, away. Eventually you'll stop thinking.
Totamo wrote:Looks like its everyone vs team U7!!!!!!

All against one doesn't really stop it from being a tournament. If you ask me, it stopped being a tournament when it became one timed battle royale. I mean, it doesn't fit the definition (key: "series of games").
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:25 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kagari wrote:Piccolo returns in episode 85: https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/847342001280360449
Why can't Goku go there instead of Gohan. I want Goku and Piccolo to spar together.
I wonder why Gohan of all people would go to Piccolo.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:29 am

Totamo wrote:Looks like its everyone vs team U7!!!!!!

It kind of sounded like they might actually attack u7 before the tournament​ when I read it, but your interpretation is more likely haha.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:38 am

kinisking wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Toei have an obsession with Piccolo and Gohan not Toriyama.

Now I wait for Gohan to say how strong Piccolo has got.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:45 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Toei have an obsession with Piccolo and Gohan not Toriyama.

Now I wait for Gohan to say how strong Piccolo has got.
I'm pretty sure Toriyama would have gotten Gohan to go to Piccolo in this situation regardless. There were Piccolo and Gohan moments in the cell saga and the boo saga too. Heck Toriyama was the one who made Gohan help Piccolo in Rof. You should be happy, Gohans like the only one who genuinely likes the guy .