"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kinisking
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:51 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
Oracle wrote:A new teaser with no new information, I guess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9EV8xpjnUs

I can tell the importance of every character:

1)Very important: Goku, Vegeta and (Fit or Fat) Buu.
2) Medium: Android 18, Android 17, Gohan and Piccolo.
3) Not so important: Krillin, Tien and Roshi.

Do you agree?
I like how Gohan only had footage of his fight in Z, as he's done nothing noteworthy in Super yet with the screen time he's had XD. Everyone else had updated footage cept the Cyborgs and Boo I believe, but they didn't get as much screen time.
Tbf, they could've used him beating Tagoma or Watagash. I think they used Z footage to show that he's back to his prime.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Maybe a movie announcement for 2018? We are due one.
Why fans keep bringing this up? Do they seriously want to increase Super's production problems?
If it means a movie that is better than a long-running series that has been falling apart at the seams from Day One I would be pleased to have a new movie.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Why fans keep bringing this up? Do they seriously want to increase Super's production problems?
I don't think that'll be the case as with Resurrection "F" they seemed to have had animators who later weren't a big part of Super, Yamamuro isn't doing much on Super besides character designs he could easily reprise his role as animation supervisor, story boarder and director. Super's production was in a much worse state 6 months ago and they managed to pull off the extra stuff for Trunks special and it was really good. Besides they can do what they did for the post Trunks arc and have Super do those kinds of episodes for a few months.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:05 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
If it means a movie that is better than a long-running series that has been falling apart at the seams from Day One I would be pleased to have a new movie.
Universe 6 arc movie where buu dosen't fall asleep, piccolo fights Magetta and gohan takes monakas place is the only movie worth making
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:09 pm

It's been two years since Dragon Ball Super was officially announced for it's Japanese debut on July of 2015.

Take a step back and think of everything that's happened in the last one hundred and four weeks. Where were you when you found out, what was your initial reaction and have the last 87 episodes lived up to your expectations?

I was in my car, heading home from work and read it on my phone. I almost swerved right outta my lane. While the recap of BoG and RoF's material wasn't announced until a little later, I must say that I was not expecting that from the start- nor the amount of divide those arcs would cause within the fandom. It's been a wild ride since the Universe 6 arc and I've been enjoying (almost) everything we've been dealt so far. Here's to Dragon Ball's future continuing to shine.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
yeah seriously,

it's like they wanna ruin the production. it's like the only thing that comes to my mind when people bring up a super movie. And If I'm not wrong Toei just started another anime not that long ago.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2b1s7n.jpg

Look at these sales and there your answer,

A TV series is way way way more profitable for them than a movie.

The 2017 one is actually 39.6 right now,
Last edited by ChaosLordBrandon on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Why fans keep bringing this up? Do they seriously want to increase Super's production problems?
That doesn't hold up anymore. We're far from those days.
ROF Special had 15 minutes of new footage and that didn't forbid of FT Trunks arc few lows points being higher than Champa arc low points. And the high points being much higher.

We are 11 episodes in of a new major arc, we had a lot of good fights, and the production still didn't crumble. With all the build up for the tournament, there's no reason to think everything will go to ashes there either.

A new Movie to celebrate 100 episodes of DBS would be welcome.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:25 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Why fans keep bringing this up? Do they seriously want to increase Super's production problems?
That doesn't hold up anymore. We're far from those days.
ROF Special had 30 minutes of new footage and that didn't forbid of FT Trunks arc few lows points being higher than Champa arc low points. And the high points being much higher.

We are 11 episodes in of a new major arc, we had a lot of good fights, and the production still didn't crumble. With all the build up for the tournament, there's no reason to think everything will go to ashes there either.

A new Movie to celebrate 100 episodes of DBS would be welcome.
Why are people thinking there will be some sort of special for 100 episodes?

One Piece didn't have one. Naruto both series didn't have one. Hunter X Hunter didn't have one and it by far had like the best production of any big main stream anime. Bleach didn't and a lot more did have one as well.

Star Wars the Clone Wars didn't have one and it was funded by Geroge Lucas himself and the entire Star Wars/Lucas company.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Lunaar wrote:It's been two years since Dragon Ball Super was officially announced for it's Japanese debut on July of 2015.

Take a step back and think of everything that's happened in the last one hundred and four weeks. Where were you when you found out, what was your initial reaction and have the last 87 episodes lived up to your expectations?

I was in my car, heading home from work and read it on my phone. I almost swerved right outta my lane. While the recap of BoG and RoF's material wasn't announced until a little later, I must say that I was not expecting that from the start- nor the amount of divide those arcs would cause within the fandom. It's been a wild ride since the Universe 6 arc and I've been enjoying (almost) everything we've been dealt so far. Here's to Dragon Ball's future continuing to shine.
I think I was at University, yeah it was a pretty boring day and later was met with surprising news and I was just one my phone all day! Initial reaction was too good to be true like pinch me moment, but slowly as the weeks went by reality sort of sunk in and had to remember this was Toei!

And then the bombshell of the retellings dropped and everything went downhill my expectations were shot and after the Freeza retelling my expectation were at an all time low and was close to giving up during the U6 arc until Vegeta saved it and the SSGSSKK was awesome it was the first time I felt Super and thus my expecations for the next episode were sky high but then the following episode tested my patience and I dropped the show for a bit and picked up again with the Trunks arc with zero expectations and I ended up liking the hell out the opening episode of the arc that I got back into Super and have now stuck with it ever since!

And with this U.S I did the exact same strategy, went in with absolutely no expectations and am enjoying this arc immensely, if you go in every arc with no expectations you can't feel disappointed right? :P

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:28 pm

The question still is:

Why take away resources from the TV series, hurting the future episodes quality in the process?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:The question still is:

Why take away resources from the TV series, hurting the future episodes quality in the process?
What makes you think a movie would take resources away from the series? Like I said you can have Yamamuro effectively do three jobs at once, the Trunks special basically showed it is possible. And during the time of production for the movie have Toei original content on Super.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:31 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote: Why are people thinking there will be some sort of special for 100 episodes?
It's just an example. If they want to make a Movie, they will. Doesn't matter the reason.
ChaosLordBrandon wrote: One Piece didn't have one.
Dragon Ball is making more money than One Piece for some time now.
ChaosLordBrandon wrote: Naruto both series didn't have one. Hunter X Hunter didn't have one and it by far had like the best production of any big main stream anime. Bleach didn't and a lot more did have one as well.
None of them are Toei products. HunterxHunter (and I love HxH) and Bleach don't even come close to Dragon Ball popularity.
ChaosLordBrandon wrote: Star Wars the Clone Wars didn't have one and it was funded by Geroge Lucas himself and the entire Star Wars/Lucas company.
Never cared about Star Wars.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:40 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote: Why are people thinking there will be some sort of special for 100 episodes?
It's just a example. If they want to make a movie, they will. Doesn't matter the reason.
ChaosLordBrandon wrote: One Piece didn't have one.
Dragon Ball is making more money than One Piece for some time now.
ChaosLordBrandon wrote: Naruto both series didn't have one. Hunter X Hunter didn't have one and it by far had like the best production of any big main stream anime. Bleach didn't and a lot more did have one as well.
None of them are Toei products. HunterxHunter (and I love HxH) and Bleach don't even come close to Dragon Ball popularity.
ChaosLordBrandon wrote: Star Wars the Clone Wars didn't have one and it was funded by Geroge Lucas himself and the entire Star Wars/Lucas company.
Never cared about Star Wars.
Bleach was actually very popular once, not saying it was close as popular as Dragon Ball is tho and I think people underestimate how big Bleach was at the time, hence the name big 3.

I have never EVER EVER seen a series loose so much of its popularity or fanbase as Bleach did.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Lunaar wrote:It's been two years since Dragon Ball Super was officially announced for it's Japanese debut on July of 2015.

I think I was at University, yeah it was a pretty boring day and later was met with surprising news and I was just one my phone all day! Initial reaction was too good to be true like pinch me moment, but slowly as the weeks went by reality sort of sunk in and had to remember this was Toei!

And then the bombshell of the retellings dropped and everything went downhill my expectations were shot and after the Freeza retelling my expectation were at an all time low and was close to giving up during the U6 arc until Vegeta saved it and the SSGSSKK was awesome it was the first time I felt Super and thus my expecations for the next episode were sky high but then the following episode tested my patience and I dropped the show for a bit and picked up again with the Trunks arc with zero expectations and I ended up liking the hell out the opening episode of the arc that I got back into Super and have now stuck with it ever since!

And with this U.S I did the exact same strategy, went in with absolutely no expectations and am enjoying this arc immensely, if you go in every arc with no expectations you can't feel disappointed right? :P
This can be appiled to everything tho.

Look at Fallout 4, No man's sky, FF15,FF13, Street Fighter 5,Halo 5 and some other games.

Or some movies like Batman vs Superman.

People hyped them up like they were going to be a masterpieces of steller proportions.

and now I can't go into like a single comment of any of them without seeing lots of hate.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:48 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote: Bleach was actually very popular once, not saying it was close as popular as Dragon Ball is tho and I think people underestimate how big Bleach was at the time, hence the name big 3.
I have never EVER EVER seen a series loose so much of its popularity or fanbase as Bleach did.
The term "Big 3" for those three never made sense to me, since Dragon Ball was always bigger than them.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:The question still is:

Because it's a piece of shit series that the production staff has no hope of ever receiving the support to turn into something special. Long running television series are disposable trash for their production committees and creators are forced to make their work within that Hell.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:59 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote: Bleach was actually very popular once, not saying it was close as popular as Dragon Ball is tho and I think people underestimate how big Bleach was at the time, hence the name big 3.
The term "Big 3" for those three never made sense to me, since Dragon Ball was always bigger than them.
Dragonball was done by that time. They we're the big 3 ongoing series.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:02 pm

YOO I'm HYPED FOR TOMORROW'S EPISODE

GOHAN ULTIMATE MYSTIC FORM
BIG GREEN TAKING OFF HIS DAMN CAPE AND TURBAN FOR ONCE

THE RETURN...WE ARE ALL WITNESSES :mrgreen:
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:37 pm

omaro34 wrote:YOO I'm HYPED FOR TOMORROW'S EPISODE

GOHAN ULTIMATE MYSTIC FORM
BIG GREEN TAKING OFF HIS DAMN CAPE AND TURBAN FOR ONCE

THE RETURN...WE ARE ALL WITNESSES :mrgreen:
It's a miracle..
Literally the son of God is returning.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:56 pm

They've put a lot of focus on Gohan returning to action this arc, he better not disappoint!