"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 26, 2017 8:25 am

Kanassa wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:A glimpse of Golden Freeza in #93, I see. This will be interesting.
Not to state the obvious or anything, but that doesn't look so good. But him using his Golden form makes me think Goku and Frieza will spar. I wonder what his expression conveys? Maybe he finds the tournament proposition interesting, or maybe he's discovering the whole "more stamina when dead" aspect.
Damn it, I wish there wasn't another episode before this. I want to see if they can salvage this whole idea.
I think he image looks pretty cool (Though I question what the fuck that background is). His expression is probably in reaction to Goku wanting HIM to help. "You want... Me. LORD FRIEZA. To help you, a monkey?... That's so crazy that I need to see where you're going with this"
I'm think that Freeza is still him hell. Hence the weird looking and gloomy background. Or perhaps before ascending back into the mortal realm, they (Goku and Freeza) go into purgatory and spar for a bit. Now that would be cool.

Nandogip

Post by Nandogip » Fri May 26, 2017 8:46 am

Bug eyes metal form?

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Fri May 26, 2017 9:05 am

My theory is that when Frieza lost to Goku in the ROF Arc, he went back to hell, but MUCH stronger than he was before, so he was strong enough to break out of his cocoon and wreck havoc in hell, rule and dominate all the souls who were also condemned to earth's hell, making him lord of earth's underworld.

I think that would be awesome.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri May 26, 2017 9:18 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:RE:Kale
WCF 9 [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This looks more like this :

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Wasnt Frieza supposed to be in that group? Where is he? Part of me also wants to be a bait and switch so Yamcha gets to join.
Obviously trying to keep the Freeza thing a secret, it's funny we still haven't got an official confirmation/reveal but leaks left right and centre. :lol:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri May 26, 2017 10:25 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:RE:Kale
WCF 9 [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This looks more like this :

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

This is what the WCF Broly looks like
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler] Completely different.

Either she has like two grades of transformation or the OP might have been a "trick"... Hmmm.
No, that figure definitely looks like her appearance in the opening.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:44 am

What if the WFC action figures are teasing us a probable Vegeta vs Kale fight?

It would erase the stench Movie 8 did to Vegeta, and also it would mean Vegeta will defeat Brianne.
Last edited by perucho1990 on Fri May 26, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri May 26, 2017 10:51 am

perucho1990 wrote: It would erase the stench Movie 8 did to Vegeta
Not if she ring outs him..
Which is what I am rooting for
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Fri May 26, 2017 10:54 am

I believe that Golden Freeza shot is some sort of flashback of the time he unlocked the form?

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:56 am

perucho1990 wrote:What if the WFC action figures are teasing us a probably Vegeta vs Kale fight?

It would erase the stench Movie 8 did to Vegeta, and also it would mean Vegeta will defeat Brianne.
I was just thinking that same thing. Anything that makes me forget Movie 8 is good for me. Please make it happen.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri May 26, 2017 11:12 am

HeroR wrote:
That is the general feeling of the fandom. They really don't care to grow up with Goten and Trunks. The show doesn't give any investment to do so and haven't in the past several years.

Why would Goku care to "trying or happening to experience". When Chi-Chi kissed him during the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament, Goku didn't look please about it. The man barely hugs his children. And here is your problem, "one of the main sexual (not just relationship/super intimate) practices in our species". Goku isn't "our" species. He is a human alien. The only thing human about him is his looks and he was raised in isolation for for most of his childhood.

What crusade? I don't care if you like the joke, but when you say hyperbolic crap like, "There's not a single person on the planet who had sex yet never kissed, even if they're not into kissing much. Source: common sense, personal and anecdotal experience, logic, entire history of mankind etc." or trying to dismissed someone's opinion as "Or the suggesting that I am a child of a young teenager with "Don't worry. One day you will understand :yawn:", then quite frankly I have the right to snark you and your mindset. Not to mention, you responded to me with a hyperbolic. I wasn't even addressing you when you decided to jump in and put your two cents.

I can take it just fine. And I dish out it just as viciously as anyone else.
Vegeta's of the same species and his reaction is the same - a collective WTF and an eyeroll at the idea that Goku never kissed.

And man, you love projecting don't you? Also seem so have memory problems at the same time. You quoted me (page 2121) and started right away with your useless hyperbolic "explanation" how kissing and sex works, ending it with a snarky question how 'hard it is to wrap head around'. You really cannot take it and you don't even seem capable to recognize you're the one who started the whole argument latching on my jab taken at a joke. Sure you have the right to snark my mindset, your problem is that you're at wrong here so snarking won't help you much. But keep trying, you're diggier yourself deeper with each response. Wonder whatcha gonna forget or project next time.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri May 26, 2017 11:15 am

It's weird that that chibi Jiren figure is smaller than the Goku one, the opening has Jiren taller than Goku.

vic94

Post by vic94 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:15 am

perucho1990 wrote:What if the WFC action figures are teasing us a probable Vegeta vs Kale fight?

While I do believe Vegeta vs Kale will happen, keep in mind this is a battle royal with 80 fighters. Vegeta could defeat Brianne or someone or something may interrupt them, causing them to go separate paths and Vegeta and Kale can fight after that.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 26, 2017 11:15 am

Basaku/HeroR: Enough is enough here. Your side discussion has nothing to do with any official announcements about the series, and your tone does not reflect what we expect of the Kanzenshuu community.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri May 26, 2017 11:26 am

perucho1990 wrote:... and also it would mean Vegeta will defeat Brianne.
Well, the intro only shows Vegeta using regular SSJ against Ribrianne. Expecting him to lose there would be... strange. I still lean towards him losing (Worfing, jobbing, whatever you want to call it) to Jiren.

If we get Vegeta vs Kale, then I'll be convinced they've seen some of the Broly meme videos around in the Japanese part of the internet (that's a whole thing), and Kale will knock Vegeta into the pillar in the centre of the arena and make a big round crater at some point in the fight.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri May 26, 2017 11:31 am

Basako wrote:The non kiss gag being in both mediums doesn't necessarily mean it was written by Toriyama. Toyotaro said he had been taking some ideas from the anime in that arc and that the anime would be taking from him in the future. What we know about the drafts is that they are bare bones without dialogs and that he leaves the gags to Toyotaro and pays attention to them and the same should go for Toei, because the draft is the same.

The joke was so bad, unfunny and made look Goku so stupid. Trunks wasn't really kissing Mai, he was giving a chewed senzu to cure her and Goku knew it, so his comment was nonsense in any case. But Toei and Toyotaro included it and Toriyama at least approved it. It's canon for me, the manga is my canon and there it was.
I fail to see how Goku (being Goku) never kissing Chi-Chi is considered a joke or a gag.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri May 26, 2017 11:35 am

YonedgeHP wrote: I fail to see how Goku (being Goku) never kissing Chi-Chi is considered a joke or a gag.
Man, I think we should leave this topic, as it's been said, this is the new announcement thread.
Heno heno kappa!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri May 26, 2017 12:01 pm

Alruneia wrote:(that's a whole thing)

The stuff of nightmares
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri May 26, 2017 12:03 pm

Probably Uranai Baba has already granted a body to the Freeza, and so he is not trapped in the cocoon and is transformed into the Golden Freeza Form. But if he has turned, I believe he and Goku will fight. I just hope Toei does not put Freeza simply by holding on to the goku, as if he did not even get stronger (unless it was said that the Saiyajin was holding on)

Golden Freeza with a halo also did not appear with the figures of Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Jiren and Kale. I think they want to hide

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri May 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Goku might be teaching freeza to control his golden form stamina issues in otherworld..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Psykomatik wrote:I believe that Golden Freeza shot is some sort of flashback of the time he unlocked the form?
I never thought about that. It would be an ingenious way to fill in the blanks in regards to the training Freeza did to attain his Golden Form.