"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:10 am

I don't have a problem with her being fat or whatever or looking uncool, I just hate this japanese Sailor Moon magic girl stuff and with that annoying Bri Briann Bri, Bribribranne... Jesus Christ.
I am OK with Ginyu Force being Tokusentai parody, but this was too much for me... Also, I don't like Cale's squeaky voice, it grinds my ears. I love Nozawa for example and don't see what issue everyone has with her,
but I can't stand that Japanese anime damsel in distress with dumb squeaky voice, like ''I am weak girl, please, buy a pillow with my picture and touch me you pervs watching this tv show''.

Another message from hell :lol: The more older I go, the more I don't like anime and it's modern tropes the most... watching Super just for Dragon Ball, but I've ended somewhere in the early 90's with Gundam, DB, Yu Yu Hakusho and Saint Seiya and that's it...
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:15 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I don't think it's Jiren based off of the fact that this is Toriyama he loves subversion, it's way too obvious to be Jiren, it's more likely to be Teletubby than Jiren.
Yeah right. A random, fat, female, MORTAL teletubby character is going to be stronger than 2 Gods of Destruction..
Zen-Oh a child looking like god with a childish voice is the supreme ruler of all universes... what is your point? Toriyama subverted everyone's expectation with that likely the same is gonna happen here, ever think why she is randomly inserted? Also why capitalise mortal when that is exactly what Whis said? Also what does her being female have to do with her not being the one likewise her being "fat" too?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:27 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I don't think it's Jiren based off of the fact that this is Toriyama he loves subversion, it's way too obvious to be Jiren, it's more likely to be Teletubby than Jiren.
Yeah right. A random, fat, female, MORTAL teletubby character is going to be stronger than 2 Gods of Destruction..
Are we're using really appearances to cite strength for Dragon Ball? Remember what Majin Buu looked like? Or one of the Gods of Destruction being a clown?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:30 am

Where is the assumption that Brianne is really strong coming from?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:32 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Where is the assumption that Brianne is really strong coming from?
Its because she looks ridiculous thats making people believe she may be the strong mortal that Whis was talking about.

Glen300

Post by Glen300 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:38 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Where is the assumption that Brianne is really strong coming from?
Before the Tournament she was featured in a promotional pic as one of the fighters to watch out for along with Jiren and Kale.

Grand Priest said U6 and U7 being pairs makes them comparable in power. So I guess people are assuming if U11 has strong fighters like Jiren, than U2 should also have comparable fighters.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:45 am

While I'm with the Jiren is the one Whis was talking about, it would be quite the twist if it turns out to be Bri, when was the last time we had a powerful female character that they'll actually fight and be the real threat? while I'm a fan of the idea I still prefer the cool badass (despite the simple design) buffed mortal to be the biggest threat... you know kinda like with Cell and Freeza, both were cool looking end boss, Boo was the exception (in Z anyways)

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:53 am

Glen300 wrote:
Before the Tournament she was featured in a promotional pic as one of the fighters to watch out for along with Jiren and Kale.

Grand Priest said U6 and U7 being pairs makes them comparable in power. So I guess people are assuming if U11 has strong fighters like Jiren, than U2 should also have comparable fighters.
I just feel like that is just random promotion and they just used chatacters from the opening. I seriously don't think Kale and Brianne are going to be more dangerous than Hit and Toppo.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:54 am

I am not onboard with jiren being the strongest mortal either..

Him being the one would result in mainly these conditions

1- Goku vs jiren happens as the final fight and goku wins, which is the least interesting way for it to go..

2- Goku vs jiren happens but goku is beaten and a team from any universe takes him out, showing us teamwork is awesome and be cliché to the max, this also seems unlikely for Dragonball to do..

3- Goku bests jiren and realizes the real threat is someone else and they go on with the story from there on out..
This way goku beats a guy quite stronger than him with mild to high difficulty but needs to team up with others to beat an overwhelmingly strong opponent, or he gets the new form beats him and ends up dying..

I pick no 3 for the win
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:06 am

HeroR wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Are we're using really appearances to cite strength for Dragon Ball? Remember what Majin Buu looked like? Or one of the Gods of Destruction being a clown?
There's a mouse god, a fat version of Beerus, the ultimate god is a blue child with a ruby ball for a head and Frieza is the most iconic villain of the franchise. How can anyone judge a character's strength on appearances by this point!?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:07 am

Ki Breaker wrote:I am not onboard with jiren being the strongest mortal either..

1- Goku vs jiren happens as the final fight and goku wins, which is the least interesting way for it to go..

2- Goku vs jiren happens but goku is beaten and a team from any universe takes him out, showing us teamwork is awesome and be cliché to the max, this also seems unlikely for Dragonball to do..

3- Goku bests jiren and realizes the real threat is someone else and they go on with the story from there on out..
This way goku beats a guy quite stronger than him with mild to high difficulty but needs to team up with others to beat an overwhelmingly strong opponent, or he gets the new form beats him and ends up dying..

I pick no 3 for the win
Wouldn't Goku realise already that there is a bigger threat by the time he is fighting Jiren if they fight near the end?

Goku is getting his arse kicked by Jiren no matter when he fights him.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:13 am

Yomi wrote:
sintzu wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:To me, this heavily implies said mortal will be present in this showdown.
If whoever is part of this then the chances of them winning just dropped to 0 cause there's no way Goku is going to surpass Beerus, which ever destroyer who's stronger than him AND this fighter who's stronger than both of them.

Whenever Goku surpasses someone which isn't often, it's usually by pure luck so him not only making 1 or 2 but 3 huge leaps in strength in a very short amout of time aren't going to happen.
It's not like Goku's win is guaranteed, and it's not like a combined effort cannot take a Beerus level person down.
Imagine people Like Hit + Goku + Brianne + Vegeta etc. Vs Jiren. It's a battle royal.

But I'm pretty sure it's Jiren. Who else would it be. Toppo is the next canidate for God Of Destruction, and Jiren is stronger than he is.
Then again, Whis is scouting Goku for the roll for when Beerus kicks the bucket, so I guess that's not good evidence.
Someone from the universes not participating most likely.It can't be Jirren because if Jirren is stronger than 2 gods of destruction then he could just sneeze and ring out Goku.
If its Jirren the mortal Whis is talking about then no matter how many people gang up on him it will be pointless since he could 1 shot everyone in the tournament.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:23 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:I am not onboard with jiren being the strongest mortal either..

I pick no 3 for the win
Wouldn't Goku realise already that there is a bigger threat by the time he is fighting Jiren if they fight near the end?

Goku is getting his arse kicked by Jiren no matter when he fights him.
The guy will be using a strategy of hide and run until it's time to use full power, he will be at an advantage in stamina and power when it's time to rumble
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:03 am

Geekdom apparently has leaks to provisional titles for episodes 98 to 101.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lGKrSJOqlk

"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:08 am

The source of these new provisional titles. (As far as I can tell.)
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:16 am

Alruneia wrote:The source of these new provisional titles. (As far as I can tell.)
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Things are starting to get VERY strange. I don't wanna prognosticate too early, but ep 100 sounds like Kale's gonna turn things around.
Feels over Reals.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:17 am

I'm amazed we haven't had a break week yet. I feel like I remember there being frequent breaks during the Gokû Black arc (but I do think that was more in August/September/October). But I was invested in the Gokû Black arc for the most part; when they took a break I felt it.

My guesses in relation to the titles; the "berserk" warrior is probably Kale, the "justice" stuff is probably Pride Troopers. Not too surprised Krillin's getting yet another character episode (Mayumi Tanaka after all) and hey maybe we'll get a TFS Super short out of it (though now that I think of it I don't think they've done one with Krillin yet).

I wish I could bring myself to care more. :( Maybe when the staff announcements for these episodes come out.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:19 am

Nothing to be excited over those titles. But hopefully Caulifla and Cabba get to shine a little bit more during the 100th episode.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:19 am

Not much to go on really (certainly not enough to apparently have the need to make a video on) Krillin stuff is interesting I guess but we'll see what it entails.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:21 am

This is pretty interesting. Nice to see Kuririn getting more love and I see Kale and the Pride Troopers are coming hot into the focus as well. So now that we know this tournament is at least five episodes long, I'm comfortable saying it's going to be longer than 5 and around 10-15 imo.