"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MainJPW » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:56 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote: I disagree the ending didn't really mean anything I mean all the other ending didn't
Boogie Back predicted Boo falling asleep.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:04 pm

MainJPW wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote: I disagree the ending didn't really mean anything I mean all the other ending didn't
Are we sure it was a prediction and not a coincidence that looks like a prediction in retrospect?
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:19 pm

It could be the opening animation's dragon ball number count instead. Even though it's hard to make out who has what number balls, Krillin is holding the one star ball there. That would at least conflict with the ending's count side by the opening Vegeta would be one of the last three remaining as opposed to the third out by the ending.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:36 pm

MainJPW wrote:
Just because something minute had happened in the past doesn't mean it is gonna happen again.

Things are getting too over-analysed to the point where people then become convinced of things that don't exist and when it doesn't happen we all know what happens next...

The ending is just that the ending, that is it.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:42 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote: Are we sure it was a prediction and not a coincidence that looks like a prediction in retrospect?
Eh, could be a coincidence.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Chuquita wrote:I think the ED's animation is a hint. I think Vegeta's going out third. I think he'll either lose to Brianne or defeat her and then lose to Jiren. His characterization this arc is too flimsy for him to have a big enough part to last till the end. I do think it'll be Gokû and Gohan at the finish.

The only people who think he's been "flimsy" this arc are the people who have no general sense of time. Those recruitment episodes lasted for a couple months, but only 40ish hours had passed in the show. Even before then not too much time had passed. We have no reason to believe he didn't train off screen.

The guy takes a few months off (TOPS) for the birth of his kid and you guys put him in retirement. Any losses he may have potentially made were gained back the second he left the time chamber. Goku made it very clear that him and Vegeta were still the big cheeses around.

It's still ridiculous for people to assume he will be knocked out by a teletubbie even if she is their strongest warrior. Kale was also featured as one of the people to look out for in the tournament. That doesn't mean she's going to KO members of U7. If she knocks him out, I doubt anybody aside from Frieza will be able to knock Toppo out. He seems like he will be in for the long haul. I'm sure Vegeta will be one of the lasting fighters as well.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:42 pm

So according to Heroes, which is 100% reliable, Goku'll fight Toppo again and Berserker Kale will fight Ribrianne, who's certainly God tier at least.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:So according to Heroes, which is 100% reliable, Goku'll fight Toppo again and Berserker Kale will fight Ribrianne, who's certainly God tier at least.
Oh oh, this is bad news, now it increases the chance Vegeta will job to Brianne.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:12 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:So according to Heroes, which is 100% reliable, Goku'll fight Toppo again and Berserker Kale will fight Ribrianne, who's certainly God tier at least.
Oh oh, this is bad news, now it increases the chance Vegeta will job to Brianne.
Or kale will job but seriously how is Brianne that strong and vegeta was fighting her in the opening so at this point who knows

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:15 pm

That purple/pinkish aura from the preview couldve been Briannes, if its true then she eliminates Caulifla, Kale unlocks Berserker mode again to fight Brianne.

If its not, then Vegeta and Cabba encountered the Kamikaze Fireballs, which means they will be destined to lose.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:17 pm

perucho1990 wrote:That purple/pinkish aura from the preview couldve been Briannes, if its true then she eliminates Caulifla, Kale unlocks Berserker mode again to fight Brianne.

If its not, then Vegeta and Cabba encountered the Kamikaze Fireballs, which means they will be destined to lose.
My point still stands she could fight kale before vegeta

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Can I get a link for that? What exactly makes that likely? What part of Heroes implies this? Heroes also isn't 100% reliable, but the sheer fact it has been right before is something to remember.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:25 pm

I think kale will job to Brianne then she will fight vegeta because lol I'm pretty vegeta will job to jiren

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:25 pm

TheOne wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I think the ED's animation is a hint. I think Vegeta's going out third. I think he'll either lose to Brianne or defeat her and then lose to Jiren. His characterization this arc is too flimsy for him to have a big enough part to last till the end. I do think it'll be Gokû and Gohan at the finish.

The only people who think he's been "flimsy" this arc are the people who have no general sense of time. Those recruitment episodes lasted for a couple months, but only 40ish hours had passed in the show. Even before then not too much time had passed. We have no reason to believe he didn't train off screen.

The guy takes a few months off (TOPS) for the birth of his kid and you guys put him in retirement. Any losses he may have potentially made were gained back the second he left the time chamber. Goku made it very clear that him and Vegeta were still the big cheeses around.

It's still ridiculous for people to assume he will be knocked out by a teletubbie even if she is their strongest warrior. Kale was also featured as one of the people to look out for in the tournament. That doesn't mean she's going to KO members of U7. If she knocks him out, I doubt anybody aside from Frieza will be able to knock Toppo out. He seems like he will be in for the long haul. I'm sure Vegeta will be one of the lasting fighters as well.
It doesn't have anything to do with the passage of time, or how strong Vegeta is, or anything power-level-related really. It has to do with the way they're writing him compared to how they wrote Vegeta in the previous arc. He's been a walking cardboard cut-out lately; just spouting off generic Vegeta lines as though the writers aren't really putting much thought into him because he may not have such a big role this arc. I don't say this because I want him to be KO'd so early, I say it because I think he will be KO'd this early. The final battle in this tournament may be about strength (Goku vs Jiren) but a lot of these fights come down to sneak attacks and playing dirty, which lends itself more to unfair and unsatisfying fights than how an honorable tournament like the Tenkaichi Budoukai is set up. Wasn't anyone else dissatisfied when Frost sneak attacked Krillin after his and 18's victory?

Unrestrained Toriyama is all about the gags and "you weren't expecting this absurdity!" which leads me to think Brianne will KO him.
But then there's Jiren and Toei's need to hype him up as much as possible so I think if Brianne doesn't knock Vegeta out that Jiren will be the one to do so.
Last edited by Chuquita on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:26 pm

Jigurashi wrote: Can I get a link for that? What exactly makes that likely? What part of Heroes implies this? Heroes also isn't 100% reliable, but the sheer fact it has been right before is something to remember.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU1qqdvPJKc

Dragonballgod19 wrote: My point still stands she could fight kale before vegeta
And again, your point would become true if the Saiyan Girls encountered the Kamikaze Fireballs before meeting Vegeta.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:29 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Can I get a link for that? What exactly makes that likely? What part of Heroes implies this? Heroes also isn't 100% reliable, but the sheer fact it has been right before is something to remember.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU1qqdvPJKc

Dragonballgod19 wrote: My point still stands she could fight kale before vegeta
And again, your point would become true if the Saiyan Girls encountered the Kamikaze Fireballs before meeting Vegeta.
No I'm saying she's probably going to fight kale before vegeta

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Wait a second I didn't even look like she was fighting her

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:31 pm

Kale and Rebrianne aren't fighting each other in that clip.

This is also Toppo's introduction to Heroes, so despite it being at the ToP arena it could just be more of a reference to the fact that they have fought before.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:33 pm

Wait a minute, I remembered that Toshio mentioned that the next episode he wrote(Episode 104) will be centered on Kale and Caulifla, so I guess thats when Kale vs Brianne happens?

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:35 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Kale and Rebrianne aren't fighting each other in that clip.

This is also Toppo's introduction to Heroes, so despite it being at the ToP arena it could just be more of a reference to the fact that they have fought before.
This it doesn't even look like there fighting toppo and goku yeah it looks like there fighting