"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:34 am

Noah wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:Vegeta better in super because he does stuff in super that z vegeta would never do and his relationship with bulma is way better in super to because in z his relationship with bulma seemed pretty bad and in eoz he still wanted to surpass goku in super yes he still wants to surpass him but he doesn't make this a big deal this is clearly seen tons of times and android saga are you serious he doesn't even have his android saga personality I hope your trolling neither does he have his cell saga personality and he wasn't even calmer in z he was basically just finally made into a side character and as for 17 yeah this guy is actually boring I mean I wasn't even close to being entertained with him in this episode and vegeta acts more mature than 17 because he actually doesn't act like a mindless character with literally no emotion that was literally 17 in this episode

Which stuff? Dancing and humilating himself to achieve his objectives? Well, sure Z Vegeta would never do that and I glad for it. Sorry, but his relationship with Bulma is not that "better" as I don't remember back the Boo arc (and I use as reference cause it was Vegeta major development arc), he acting grumpy with her for no reason at all, like when they went on vacations and when she kissed him on the cheek. It was nice to see him concerned for his baby daughter in the current arc, but nothing more was taken from it. And no he made a big deal of surpassing Goku in the second episode of this series, saying that he acknowledged him as the strongest Saiyan, but that won't be for long, he made a promisse, which kinda invalidates the speech he made in the battle against Kid Boo. When Whis complimented him for his potential and Vegeta knew he was Beerus teacher, he offered himself to cook for the guy in order to be trained, acting goofy and stupid, So, yeah Vegeta was pretty much desperate to be trained and surpass Goku in no time. No, I'm not trolling, it's rational to expect progression from a character that got screwed so many times in the franchise due his attitude, underestimating his opponents and attacking impulsively. Also Vegeta was calm in the Boo arc before Goku came back and was after he solved his issue with him.

As for #17 his progression is a matter of taste, as some said in this thread it is better, I'm with them. He attacked the enemies when they're open trying to transform, something no one ever did in the series. I disagree when you say he was mindless and less mature than Vegeta. #17 analysed his enemies and build an strategy to defeat them. I don't remember the last time Vegeta did that in the series.
Of course, Vegeta never builds a strategy to win, the guy is a slugger. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He only believes in raw power. He is a mini Broly.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:30 am

So I was thinking...how would everyone feel if Jiren vs Goku ended in a draw after 48 minutes have passed. Both are tired. The Omni-King and Grand Priest decide the Hakaishin of the two remaining universe will fight a battle to survive.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:07 am

Basako wrote: Yeah, looks so. Bye Gowasu and the rest. I'm not very happy how this universe has been treated. Only Napapa got some decent footage. Lilibeu and Gium a bit but others zero, like Murichim.
I really wanted to see something from Murichim, it obviously didn't amount to much but he did try to take Toppo head-on at the start, I thought he might turn out more powerful than we once thought.

....Till he got stomped off-screen of course. :roll:

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:07 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:So I was thinking...how would everyone feel if Jiren vs Goku ended in a draw after 48 minutes have passed. Both are tired. The Omni-King and Grand Priest decide the Hakaishin of the two remaining universe will fight a battle to survive.
I think it would be perfect!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:54 am

Now that we've had a magical girl tribute I hope there's a girl that winds up being an idol, if not in this arc then in a future arc. I need a dance scene and song!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:57 am

Noah wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:Vegeta better in super because he does stuff in super that z vegeta would never do and his relationship with bulma is way better in super to because in z his relationship with bulma seemed pretty bad and in eoz he still wanted to surpass goku in super yes he still wants to surpass him but he doesn't make this a big deal this is clearly seen tons of times and android saga are you serious he doesn't even have his android saga personality I hope your trolling neither does he have his cell saga personality and he wasn't even calmer in z he was basically just finally made into a side character and as for 17 yeah this guy is actually boring I mean I wasn't even close to being entertained with him in this episode and vegeta acts more mature than 17 because he actually doesn't act like a mindless character with literally no emotion that was literally 17 in this episode

Which stuff? Dancing and humilating himself to achieve his objectives? Well, sure Z Vegeta would never do that and I glad for it. Sorry, but his relationship with Bulma is not that "better" as I don't remember back the Boo arc (and I use as reference cause it was Vegeta major development arc), he acting grumpy with her for no reason at all, like when they went on vacations and when she kissed him on the cheek. It was nice to see him concerned for his baby daughter in the current arc, but nothing more was taken from it. And no he made a big deal of surpassing Goku in the second episode of this series, saying that he acknowledged him as the strongest Saiyan, but that won't be for long, he made a promisse, which kinda invalidates the speech he made in the battle against Kid Boo. When Whis complimented him for his potential and Vegeta knew he was Beerus teacher, he offered himself to cook for the guy in order to be trained, acting goofy and stupid, So, yeah Vegeta was pretty much desperate to be trained and surpass Goku in no time. No, I'm not trolling, it's rational to expect progression from a character that got screwed so many times in the franchise due his attitude, underestimating his opponents and attacking impulsively. Also Vegeta was calm in the Boo arc before Goku came back and was after he solved his issue with him.

As for #17 his progression is a matter of taste, as some said in this thread it is better, I'm with them. He attacked the enemies when they're open trying to transform, something no one ever did in the series. I disagree when you say he was mindless and less mature than Vegeta. #17 analysed his enemies and build an strategy to defeat them. I don't remember the last time Vegeta did that in the series.
Thats because Calm Vegeta is boring and has no drive to become stronger and if he has no reason to be stronger than he can't be in the story as much as he has been.

And don't you dare say his drive is to protect his family because we have 2 characters who have that same drive and they have barley been in the story

would it make sense for Gees to be neutered after Buu, yeah. Would it be entertaining, heck no and thats the whole point of the show.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:58 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:So I was thinking...how would everyone feel if Jiren vs Goku ended in a draw after 48 minutes have passed. Both are tired. The Omni-King and Grand Priest decide the Hakaishin of the two remaining universe will fight a battle to survive.
I think Jiren will win which leads to U7 being sent to wherever the others got sent to, leading to the enxt arc (or more) being about them trying to get back.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:02 am

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:There nothing wrong with vegeta personality he's a family man and honestly 17 bored the crap out of me in this episode
Are you kidding right? Vegeta personality in Super is total regression from the character he was after the Boo arc: becoming calmer, admitting that Goku was the Number #1, still wanting to surpass him though it's not like the objective of his life anymore. It doesn't make sense for him to still act like the arrogant prick he was back in the Android arc. It's nice to see a character overcome his flaws and act mature like #17 in Super.
Vegeta better in super because he does stuff in super that z vegeta would never do and his relationship with bulma is way better in super to because in z his relationship with bulma seemed pretty bad and in eoz he still wanted to surpass goku in super yes he still wants to surpass him but he doesn't make this a big deal this is clearly seen tons of times and android saga are you serious he doesn't even have his android saga personality I hope your trolling neither does he have his cell saga personality and he wasn't even calmer in z he was basically just finally made into a side character and as for 17 yeah this guy is actually boring I mean I wasn't even close to being entertained with him in this episode and vegeta acts more mature than 17 because he actually doesn't act like a mindless character with literally no emotion that was literally 17 in this episode
Vegeta is reckless and immature, at least when 17 was acting reckless he was unexperienced and young while Vegeta has no character developement and is still pretty shitty "I will defeat them all on my own" hello Vegeta remember Hit ? yeah the one guy who kicked your ass, 17, Hit are much better than Vegeta in my book, especially 17 he's more mature and chill and isn't stuck in the past. his cockiness isn't reckless anymore, 17 was developed better in a couple of episodes than cry baby Vegeta in the entire series.
and just because you like Vegeta more doesn't give you the right to shit on 17's character, it also doesn't give you the right to call people "retarded" here i'm surprised you're not banned yet.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:07 am

I'm not a huge Vegeta fan but I think hes grown in a believable way.

Hes become a lot more family oriented and less spiteful, but his core personality has remained constant. That is generally how people change in real life. Hes grown but still has work to do.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:10 am

Totamo wrote:
Noah wrote:

Thats because Calm Vegeta is boring and has no drive to become stronger and if he has no reason to be stronger than he can't be in the story as much as he has been.

And don't you dare say his drive is to protect his family because we have 2 characters who have that same drive and they have barley been in the story

would it make sense for Gees to be neutered after Buu, yeah. Would it be entertaining, heck no and thats the whole point of the show.
My god this and vegeta like the second most popular character him being like 17 would make him far more boring and 17 didn't even do crap this whole tournament before this episode and there a good chance we might not even see 17 after this

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:11 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Are you kidding right? Vegeta personality in Super is total regression from the character he was after the Boo arc: becoming calmer, admitting that Goku was the Number #1, still wanting to surpass him though it's not like the objective of his life anymore. It doesn't make sense for him to still act like the arrogant prick he was back in the Android arc. It's nice to see a character overcome his flaws and act mature like #17 in Super.
Vegeta better in super because he does stuff in super that z vegeta would never do and his relationship with bulma is way better in super to because in z his relationship with bulma seemed pretty bad and in eoz he still wanted to surpass goku in super yes he still wants to surpass him but he doesn't make this a big deal this is clearly seen tons of times and android saga are you serious he doesn't even have his android saga personality I hope your trolling neither does he have his cell saga personality and he wasn't even calmer in z he was basically just finally made into a side character and as for 17 yeah this guy is actually boring I mean I wasn't even close to being entertained with him in this episode and vegeta acts more mature than 17 because he actually doesn't act like a mindless character with literally no emotion that was literally 17 in this episode
Vegeta is reckless and immature, at least when 17 was acting reckless he was unexperienced and young while Vegeta has no character developement and is still pretty shitty "I will defeat them all on my own" hello Vegeta remember Hit ? yeah the one guy who kicked your ass, 17, Hit are much better than Vegeta in my book, especially 17 he's more mature and chill and isn't stuck in the past. his cockiness isn't reckless anymore, 17 was developed better in a couple of episodes than cry baby Vegeta in the entire series.
and just because you like Vegeta more doesn't give you the right to shit on 17's character, it also doesn't give you the right to call people "retarded" here i'm surprised you're not banned yet.
I don't like 17 more than vegeta heck I barely like both characters and I'm shocked that your not banned actually

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:13 am

I'm still trying to figure out why Gohan split everyone up. Yeah it was a big attack..but why not evade and regroup?

Why only 9 minutes in abandon the gameplan entirely when its more or less working?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:13 am

Lapislettuce wrote:17 was developed better in a couple of episodes than cry baby Vegeta in the entire series.
What development ? 17 has had 0 personality since he came back while Vegeta is arguabliy the most and best developed character in the entire franchise.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:14 am

sintzu wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
I think Jiren will win which leads to U7 being sent to wherever the others got sent to, leading to the enxt arc (or more) being about them trying to get back.
That would be really cool.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:15 am

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote: Vegeta better in super because he does stuff in super that z vegeta would never do and his relationship with bulma is way better in super to because in z his relationship with bulma seemed pretty bad and in eoz he still wanted to surpass goku in super yes he still wants to surpass him but he doesn't make this a big deal this is clearly seen tons of times and android saga are you serious he doesn't even have his android saga personality I hope your trolling neither does he have his cell saga personality and he wasn't even calmer in z he was basically just finally made into a side character and as for 17 yeah this guy is actually boring I mean I wasn't even close to being entertained with him in this episode and vegeta acts more mature than 17 because he actually doesn't act like a mindless character with literally no emotion that was literally 17 in this episode
I don't like 17 more than vegeta heck I barely like both characters and I'm shocked that your not banned actually
Maybe because i don't call people "retarded" around here so better watch that mouth of yours and quit your bs. 17 is better than Vegeta as a character, you might enjoy whiny power obsessed cry babies but other people don't.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:16 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why Gohan split everyone up. Yeah it was a big attack..but why not evade and regroup?

Why only 9 minutes in abandon the gameplan entirely when its more or less working?
Gohan split everyone up?!
Well. There goes the life line holding them the stage..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:26 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why Gohan split everyone up. Yeah it was a big attack..but why not evade and regroup?

Did you not see the episode?
I told you the friendship circle plan would be pointless in the end :lol:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:30 am

Whatever wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:

Nope.. I quit watching super a while ago..
But as far as I know, nobody weak ( aside from Krillin who broke the circle ) is eliminated yet, that means the formation protected them, just as expected..
Now that it's broken, that's a whole different story
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:36 am

While I'm very much enjoying this arc I think we need a good old fashioned evil villain. Maybe someone like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a13IXD2xG4g

https://youtu.be/y6v6BtznyNM?t=33

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:38 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Gohan split everyone up?!
Nope.. I quit watching super a while ago..
But as far as I know, nobody weak ( aside from Krillin who broke the circle ) is eliminated yet, that means the formation protected them, just as expected..
Now that it's broken, that's a whole different story
Then why are you...you know nvm.
What protected them was not the formation but because everybody was ignoring them.
There was no point to the plan considering the one who came up with it broke it for no reason.
They just sit around for 9 minutes and then invalidate the reason they sat around for 9 minutes....

Can't get any more pointless than that,its like Goku charging the spirit bomb for 6 episodes only to decide to not use it in the end.