"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:29 pm

MainJPW wrote:
Terez wrote:Reminder that Toshio Yoshitaka wrote episode #104, and he tweeted that he could hardly wait for the broadcast of that episode, along with a picture of his SSG Goku t-shirt.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Sounds like a hint.
It seems completely unrelated tbh. There is a space between his comment about the episode implying it is unrelated.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Boo Machine wrote:If it is true I wonder if it's going to be spiked up like it is on the shirt. Or if they're going to keep the base hair style.
The shirt and the chocolate box make two instances of spiked-up SSG hair, so I don't think we can dismiss it. My personal hope is that the spiked-up version of SSG is a stepping stone on the way to the black-haired form in the poster. Maybe he'll start out as base-hair SSG, though. We'll see in two weeks—maybe in the NEP next week!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Basako wrote:Ok, I just read Herms on twitter... SSG? What??? :?: :?: :?:

That will collapse the fandom.
Seems like the fandom is always on the brink of freaking out over some thing or other. :lol: It's not really worth worrying about. Hopefully the NEP for 104 clears up whether it's Red or just Blue. I'm sure the fandom will work itself into a lather over the next week either way.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
MainJPW wrote:
Terez wrote:Reminder that Toshio Yoshitaka wrote episode #104, and he tweeted that he could hardly wait for the broadcast of that episode, along with a picture of his SSG Goku t-shirt.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Sounds like a hint.
It seems completely unrelated tbh. There is a space between his comment about the episode implying it is unrelated.
It's a pretty big coincidence, though, don't you think? There was a good chance it was unrelated before this episode summary came out, but now it's looking pretty solid.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:32 pm

I hope Goku goes SSJ with red hair and there's no explanation whatsoever.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Guys just face it, Toei has no idea what they're doing with the God forms anymore and are just doing whatever they want for toy/merch/videogame sales.

There's no real logic behind it.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:33 pm

Popping in to say... I've just finished dealing with a heaping helping of reports, and in the process handing out multiple system warnings and even a few temporary bans to certain members.

This thread has (yet again) devolved into something embarrassingly low-quality and vile a few times over the last half a day or so since the latest episode. This is not the place for snarky, insulting, slur-filled back-and-forth catfighting like you'd find on a chan board or something. This is Kanzenshuu. Large influxes of newcomers or not, we're better than that.

So as a general reminder to everyone, please, let's try to maintain a certain amount of respect for each other when discussing things, even when opinions don't line up. Thank you to those of you who are already trying, and especially to those who are bringing the bad vibes to our attention via that report button.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:35 pm

Imagine the Zenos erases the entirely of U10, but only sparing Gowasu to entertain them with his GodTube shenanigans. Gowasu is the only one in that universe that deserves to live.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:39 pm

Just like in the manga, bring SSG back makes zero sense. Not gonna lose any sleep over that until I see that episode.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:41 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:

Seems like the fandom is always on the brink of freaking out over some thing or other. :lol: It's not really worth worrying about. Hopefully the NEP for 104 clears up whether it's Red or just Blue. I'm sure the fandom will work itself into a lather over the next week either way.
That's true, two weeks ago was Kale, before was Caulifla supposedly getting blue, which she didn't, before all that about Freeza changing team and Yamcha joining... But this is kind of big if it is, debates about SSG have been for so long. Let's put it in a bubble for now, summaries have made mistakes before, but...
Heno heno kappa!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Basako wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

That's true, two weeks ago was Kale, before was Caulifla supposedly getting blue, which she didn't, before all that about Freeza changing team and Yamcha joining... But this is kind of big if it is, debates about SSG have been for so long. Let's put it in a bubble for now, summaries have made mistakes before, but...
Always the dreaded, but.... :lol:

Hana Midorikawa

Post by Hana Midorikawa » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:46 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
And, like I just said, it's nothing as retarded as what Toei has done to Dragon Ball.

Every bad decision you see Toyotaro make, just multiply that by a factor of 1000 and you get Toei Animation.
Not even close
Manga:
-making trunks useless in his own arc
-bring back ssg when it was confirmed to be a temporary form
-goku knows hakai(this was actually just retarded)
-goku is as strong as merged zamasu when goku did in the anime was stupid but nowhere near as bad what the manga literally just did
-future trunks is Sakura in the manga
-future trunks reaction to his universe blowing up is unrealistic it was done better in the anime
-vegeta vs cabba and vegeta vs magetta was actually done so much better in the anime
-nerfs hit and merged zamasu
By the way I can keep going
1. AKA not making Trunks stupidly powerful for absolutely zero reason.
2. Huurr durrr, yes, by the shitty anime.
3. Not as retarded as how Trunks beat Zamasu in the anime though.
4. The anime was just as bad, if not worse. At least the manga tried to explain, Toei just didn't care.
5. Not an actual complaint. Would you like me to point out how smoke grenades and sniper rifles can apparently affect gods?
6. Lol, no it wasn't. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
7. Eh, kind of.
8. Boo-hoo, cry me river. No godtier Hit? Oh the humanity. :roll:

Go on, and I'll counter every single last one.

Basically, the people who hate the manga are mostly upset that their favorite characters (Hit or Trunks) aren't given brain-dead power ups just for the sake of it.

It you honestly believe that terrible Toei-only transformation is good, then I don't know what else to say to that. It was hilariously bad. :lol:
Make sure that next time you "counter" him, you use valid points and examples instead of saying "hurr durr" and trying to pass off your subjective views as objective.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:48 pm

Terez wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
MainJPW wrote: Sounds like a hint.
It's a pretty big coincidence, though, don't you think? There was a good chance it was unrelated before this episode summary came out, but now it's looking pretty solid.
Hmm I definitely I can't deny the coincidence. "God" and "Blue" also couldn't be further from each other so would have to be a drastic typo, "Kale" & "Kelly" seem acceptable. Plus the SSG Goku from UDM #27 comes out next month too. I think it's about 85% chance it that Goku will go SSG again. Thankfully the speculation doesn't have to go on for too long..!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Just read that U10 fighter Opni will drop his pendant which Gohan will see. The scene with Gohan looking at Opni's loved ones can be truly awesome if they make it right. I hope Gohan will apologize to U10 after he beats them, and I hope he will swear to win the tournament in order to wish everyone back.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:53 pm

If they do bring God back, it would be the best time to mention that Goku and Vegeta have been turning it's power on and off in base for a while, but only when fully using it's power do they actually turn Red. It could reconciliate the "Beyond God" base, below Piccolo base and SSG itself. Basically give us the manga progression, but with another black haired form in between 3 and God. Would solve most problems with the power scale, be a fair bit of fan service and make sense in universe.

Hell, if they're smart they can say that Goku and Vegeta don't use it because it still has the time limit, so using lesser forms when the opponent is not up to par, or Blue when they have a god level foe also gets explained. Or simply that Goku has mastered the God power recently and now can fully activate it in base, use Blue with Kaioken without much problems and hint at the new form.

They can make this work, now that I think about it more and since it's my favorite form I'm not opposed to see more of it, but they have to do it tastefuly.
If it's not a typo, of course.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:10 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I hope Goku goes SSJ with red hair and there's no explanation whatsoever.
Yeah because after Ssj Rage all we need is another shitty transformation.
Considering Toei's lack of brains, I have to say that's possible tbf

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:42 pm

Anyone hope to see Magetta fight some of the giant robots from Universe 3? It would be cool to have a giant robot fight.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Yeah because after Ssj Rage all we need is another shitty transformation.
Considering Toei's lack of brains, I have to say that's possible tbf
I could see Caulifla getting it, if that Dr Rota guy is a healer, he heals her and she gains a big boost to unlock Ikari(call it incomplete version of Blue), and its due to the zenkais.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Draconic wrote:If they do bring God back, it would be the best time to mention that Goku and Vegeta have been turning it's power on and off in base for a while, but only when fully using it's power do they actually turn Red. It could reconciliate the "Beyond God" base, below Piccolo base and SSG itself. Basically give us the manga progression, but with another black haired form in between 3 and God. Would solve most problems with the power scale, be a fair bit of fan service and make sense in universe.

Hell, if they're smart they can say that Goku and Vegeta don't use it because it still has the time limit, so using lesser forms when the opponent is not up to par, or Blue when they have a god level foe also gets explained. Or simply that Goku has mastered the God power recently and now can fully activate it in base, use Blue with Kaioken without much problems and hint at the new form.

They can make this work, now that I think about it more and since it's my favorite form I'm not opposed to see more of it, but they have to do it tastefuly.
If it's not a typo, of course.
Ah the dream of some people having the 2 base theory actually be a thing,nothing of what you suggest does anything of value but please those that want the 2 base thing be a thing.
They do not care about the power scale,writers have different opinions of where they think each character stands in power,simple as that.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Anyone hope to see Magetta fight some of the giant robots from Universe 3? It would be cool to have a giant robot fight.
Magetta isn't a Robot though..
That fight will be pretty cool, especially if the robot keeps trying to talk in Robot and Magetta dosen't understand a thing
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker