"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:12 am

What if after all this hype, Goku's new form ends up being him rediscovering God..
Also, Cauliflowa asks for Goku to teach her blue, it must be in the plot that she sees it beforehand, that also means Goku using his blue before god was an intended thing..
So, if he can use blue and turn it off and on without any problems, what reason did he have to suddenly use god
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:17 am

Maybe it's faster and Dyspo is fast.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:19 am

Will wrote:Maybe it's faster and Dyspo is fast.
Blue is never said to be slower and it's literally SS, the form which is said to be the best overall
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:25 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Blue is never said to be slower and it's literally SS, the form which is said to be the best overall
We know that Blue is stronger, we don't know how much, it could be close in the anime.
Maybe SSG could be a little faster with the skinny body, and it's why Goku use it against Dyspo who is very fast.

And maybe SSG use as much stamina as SSJ Blue in the anime.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:32 am

Will wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
We know that Blue is stronger, we don't know how much, it could be close in the anime.
Maybe SSG could be a little faster with the skinny body, and it's why Goku use it against Dyspo who is very fast.

Blue is stronger than god and SS has no stated speed reduction, instead on the contrary it's said to be the best form overall, even if it's a little stronger than God, that would still mean it comes down to power when bulk isn't a matter of concern, which in this case it isn't..
It basically comes down to stronger opponent being faster idea..

The second logic of them having equal stamina drain, then he has virtually no benefit form going god if he is using same amount of stamina to powerup to a weaker state..

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:37 am

Quit because of ssjg?! They've got my attention back because of ssjg. It's a coincidental unintended plea of "Don't drop Super now, Chuquita! Look, we brought ssjg Gokû back! You like ssjg Gokû, right?" because most of this arc has been so dull for me that I've been considering stopping watching right away.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:39 am

Blue doesn't have to have a speed debuff for God to be a faster form, it could just be that God gives a bigger boost to speed than Blue.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:48 am

Will wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:

The problem with the speed thing is why didn't Goku use it vs Hit in the Champa arc? Kaioken exists and gives Goku more speed and more power, there is no reason for him not to use it vs Dypso if it is indeed speed related. No matter how they explain it there won't be a good explanation.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:50 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: The problem with the speed thing is why didn't Goku use it vs Hit in the Champa arc? Kaioken exists and gives Goku more speed and more power, there is no reason for him not to use it vs Dypso if it is indeed speed related. No matter how they explain it there won't be a good explanation.
He was going all out with Hit, it was the final battle. Here barely any time has passed since the start of the tournament and he's saving his stamina, Kaioken Blue would just drain him.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:07 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: The problem with the speed thing is why didn't Goku use it vs Hit in the Champa arc? Kaioken exists and gives Goku more speed and more power, there is no reason for him not to use it vs Dypso if it is indeed speed related. No matter how they explain it there won't be a good explanation.
He was going all out with Hit, it was the final battle. Here barely any time has passed since the start of the tournament and he's saving his stamina, Kaioken Blue would just drain him.
That is a fair point, totally forgot the that we still have 40 plus minutes left...:shifty:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:16 pm

To me personally, the question of "Why hasn't Goku used the form before" isn't an issue, I think it's pretty easy to rationalize why in pretty much every instance he uses Blue over it, my issue is why is he able to even use the form in the first place. Hopefully they have at least one line about it, cause I think it's pretty dumb that it's coming back.

supersaiyan1993

Post by supersaiyan1993 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:32 pm

I'm glad that ssg is being used again in the anime. Got tired of constantly seeing blue used. Odd thing is goku clearly lost the form in the anime. Perhaps goku unlocks this form in the tournament by absorbing ki from the other saiyan ( there 5 other super saiyan, perfect for the ritual). Well it doesn't really matter, the anime is full of silly mistakes. Hopefully they don't make ssg seem weak. Anyway I wonder how they will use ssg. Will they make it a stronger form than blue? . Also will other characters have access to this form like vegeta.

Finally is this gokus trump card. In the manga the form was stated to have better energy control and it was easier to maintain for long periods of time compared to blue. Maybe goku will use kaio ken with this form.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:36 pm

supersaiyan1993 wrote:I'm glad that ssg is being used again in the anime. Got tired of constantly seeing blue used. Odd thing is goku clearly lost the form in the anime. Perhaps goku unlocks this form in the tournament by absorbing ki from the other saiyan ( there 5 other super saiyan, perfect for the ritual). Well it doesn't really matter, the anime is full of silly mistakes. Hopefully they don't make ssg seem weak. Anyway I wonder how they will use ssg. Will they make it a stronger form than blue? . Also will other characters have access to this form like vegeta.

Finally is this gokus trump card. In the manga the form was stated to have better energy control and it was easier to maintain for long periods of time compared to blue. Maybe goku will use kaio ken with this form.
We know that Goku's trump card is SSGSSKK(x10).

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:45 pm

http://imgur.com/a/BFbuW

So I realize his aura was bit white before it turn into a fire, I'm talking about white outline around his body, tiny white line so yea, I didn't realize that and I'm pretty sure many people wouldn't remember that because that was on the introduction when Goku slice the kaio-ken red aura in half and few out, he had a little white around him before it turn into a fire.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:49 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: Except lots of people are complaining...
Toyotaro said the anime would be taking more from him, so I wonder if this is one of those things.
He said he'd be sending some stuff back to the anime staff, I'm inclined to believe he meant character designs.
JazzMazz wrote: You're missing my point, I'm fine with characters not being introduced as a threat, however, if they are actually going to be a threat later down the line, then establishing them in the series as someone who is actually relevant is important, and part of making them feel relevant, is by not having them lose to some random monster. Am I making myself clear.
I think you are getting worked up based on very little... The episode with the actual context hasn't even aired yet and you're going off of a couple line summary? Where said summaries have a history of being vaugue and misguiding.

And besides Hit is already nerfed due the no killing rule anyway, considering there is more of an emphasis on that here than the U6 arc Hit is no doubt going to have to be more careful.
Yeah, I guess I am getting worked up about this. It just feels like there could have been better ways of handling a guy that is supposedly going to one-sidely pummel Hit(who I have grown slightly fond of during the assassination arc). I think it would have been better if Dsypo, like Jiren, simply didn't appear in the recruitment arc, or that we actually didn't see him action.

I'll with-hold further judgement till when the episode actually airs, and then I'll either be content, or just repeat these earlier criticisms. :think:
It is sad, but, Toriyama destroyed Hitto sama da. However, i'm happy with ssj God returning since it looks much better than blue.
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:57 pm

I will be happy to see a Super Saiyan God Vegeta. I hope Toyo-tarou's idea of Vegeta using God as a new specialty is worked into the animated series.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Time-skip

Post by Time-skip » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:00 pm

I wonder is Dyspo faster than Goku when he was using SSBKKx10 because Hit was able to adjust to Gokus speed and now it seems that Dyspo is neutralizing Hit time skip
via speed. For me it doesn't make sense,except that Dyspo has some kinda technique that is able to "trap" Hit.
In one set of spoilers says that Dyspo say that he has tactic to counter time skip,and in the other set of spoilers they say Dyspo pummels Hit one sidedly.
English is not my first language

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:03 pm

Will wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:I'm going to laugh if they reveal SSJG is stronger than SSJB. Like, just ignore what was stated in the F arc.
And the perfect excuse if someone asks him why didnt he use SSJG before would be Goku saying "Oh I was just pretending to be retarded", kinda fitting for his character in DBS :D.

This is the same series that had Roshi surpass Gotenks.
Roshi didn't surpass Gotenks.
I'm pretty sure perucho1990 is referring to when Goku or Vegeta (can't remember which) no sold SS3 Gotenks in base form and how later in the recruitment, Master Roshi goes toe-to-toe or at least doesn't get destroyed by Goku in base. Going by that we can say Master Roshi has surpassed Gotenks in his base form, at the very least. I know, it sounds ridiculous, but this is Dragon Ball Super after all...
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Shaqazooloo wrote:
Will wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
And the perfect excuse if someone asks him why didnt he use SSJG before would be Goku saying "Oh I was just pretending to be retarded", kinda fitting for his character in DBS :D.

This is the same series that had Roshi surpass Gotenks.
Roshi didn't surpass Gotenks.
I'm pretty sure perucho1990 is referring to when Goku or Vegeta (can't remember which) no sold SS3 Gotenks in base form and how later in the recruitment, Master Roshi goes toe-to-toe or at least doesn't get destroyed by Goku in base. Going by that we can say Master Roshi has surpassed Gotenks in his base form, at the very least. I know, it sounds ridiculous, but this is Dragon Ball Super after all...
You are right man and that means Krillin is stronger than base Goku.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:10 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:To me personally, the question of "Why hasn't Goku used the form before" isn't an issue, I think it's pretty easy to rationalize why in pretty much every instance he uses Blue over it, my issue is why is he able to even use the form in the first place. Hopefully they have at least one line about it, cause I think it's pretty dumb that it's coming back.
A simple explanation would be that he hadn't figured out how to re-activate the actual God form on his own until just recently. Before he was focusing on developing Blue and Kaioken Blue so I could see why he wouldn't bother focusing on the first God form.

Beerus said the God power was still burning inside him after he absorbed it, so I won't be surprised if they go back to that for the explanation.