"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:01 am

Chuquita wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Episode 104 preview image.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
YES! :mrgreen: Good times! Happy 104 is two weekends from now and not on this one. 103's gonna be messy for me, rl-wise.
The fire aura is gone and is replaced with a good looking one instead?
Hell yeah, SSG looks so much better now..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:02 am

Some people should hate this, they have been charging against Toyotaro and the manga for using SSG so loudly and for so long. Even worse, because in the anime everyone thought he internalized the power of SSG to his base and that he wouldn't get the SSG again, that it could only be done with the ritual. But now this...
Heno heno kappa!

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:07 am

Basako wrote:Some people should hate this, they have been charging against Toyotaro and the manga for using SSG so loudly and for so long. Even worse, because in the anime everyone thought he internalized the power of SSG to his base and that he wouldn't get the SSG again, that it could only be done with the ritual. But now this...
Son, relax there could be some really fucking good explaining about it, second I believe that not even a final form, it probably incomplete until spike hair

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:11 am

vashter wrote:
Basako wrote:Some people should hate this, they have been charging against Toyotaro and the manga for using SSG so loudly and for so long. Even worse, because in the anime everyone thought he internalized the power of SSG to his base and that he wouldn't get the SSG again, that it could only be done with the ritual. But now this...
Son, relax there could be some really fucking good explaining about it, second I believe that not even a final form, it probably incomplete until spike hair
I'm totally relaxed. Final or not, that's the SSG there, the same he obtained with the ritual against Beerus and that has been appearing in the manga.
Heno heno kappa!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:16 am

That SSG aura he has, that's the same color as his new form in OP..
Now I am even more confident about my prediction of the new form
"True SSG" coming soon!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:50 am

So Goku uses Super Saiyan Blue against the Trio De Dangers who he's individually much stronger than as a Super Saiyan....

But then uses Super Saiyan God against Dyspo, a guy who can give Hit a lot of trouble...

Eh?

Nah I'm still hyped though.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:24 am

precita wrote:It's sad that this has become a show more about merchandizing and toy/videogames sales than storytelling. It's the only reason Super Saiyan God is back.

Truthfully there never should have been any new Super Saiyan forms after 3 to begin with. They should have just had Goku raise his power in his Super Saiyan 2 form and that's it. Super Saiyan God was a mistake.
Ok when the Cell saga has 4 forms alone, you can't say this shit. Hell when Freeza had 4 forms, you can't say this shit. Z was also about merchandise, it was why Tori was forced to keep going and why it had 13 movies, one of which featured the fake super saiyan form, 10 days before it debut in the manga.

Might as well just say transformations were a mistake and be done with it , but you can't because there are dragon ball staples.

funrush

Post by funrush » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:27 am

Bullza wrote:So Goku uses Super Saiyan Blue against the Trio De Dangers who he's individually much stronger than as a Super Saiyan....

But then uses Super Saiyan God against Dyspo, a guy who can give Hit a lot of trouble...

Eh?

Perhaps SSG is actually stronger than SSB? And Blue is inbetween SS3 and SSG?

However, that would bring into question why Goku and Vegeta don't go SSG in the Zamasu arc. I think in the RoF arc they imply that Vegeta learned how to do it in a way other than the ritual.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:27 am

Oh I hate this with a burning blaze, but I felt that same way about a lot of things in Super and I end up liking them so I'm not going to say it ruins the arc or anything but I'm not happy about it. Like at all.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:28 am

funrush wrote:
Bullza wrote:So Goku uses Super Saiyan Blue against the Trio De Dangers who he's individually much stronger than as a Super Saiyan....

Eh?

Perhaps SSG is actually stronger than SSB? And Blue is inbetween SS3 and SSG?

However, that would bring into question why Goku and Vegeta don't go SSG in the Zamasu arc. I think in the RoF arc they imply that Vegeta learned how to do it in a way other than the ritual.
Both manga and anime stated Blue was stronger.

lord godly da don
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord godly da don » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:39 am

alakazam^ wrote:I don't know if Kame Sennin will get ringed out this week (or is it the next one? I get confused with the summaries) but I'm pretty sure Tenshinhan won't go before facing one of the hidden fighters (probably Damon) and Piccolo won't go before facing one of the other Namekkians. Goku, Vegeeta and Freeza are safe for now. Gohan will soon have focus but he probably lasts longer. #17 and #18 have been having focus but I think only #17 will go further.

From this, we can assume we'll have an episode where Piccolo and Gohan team up (maybe in the fight against the Namekkians), we'll have an episode where Freeza goes Golden, an episode dedicated to Freeza/Frost's alliance, an episode where Vegeeta has a major fight, at least an episode for Goku vs Geran. This, coupled with shenanigans concerning Cauliflo, Kale, Hit, Top and Ribriand (maybe) tells us the tournament still has a lot to cover.
I honestly see this arc lasting into the first quarter of next year because we still have the sub plot of Goten and trunks protecting that island plus all the other stuff you named

We might be in boo arc territory

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:22 am

Goku using SSB against everyone and their mother but a weaker form against someone who gives trouble to Hit?

Bullshit it SSG is stronger now for reasons...

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:10 am

Kishido wrote:Goku using SSB against everyone and their mother but a weaker form against someone who gives trouble to Hit?

Bullshit it SSG is stronger now for reasons...
His over-use of the form has really de-valued it. I wouldn't be surprised if they did make SSG stronger(though it would be retarded). This series has demonstrated Goku's sense of occasion by literally having him use it when it would have been just as effective to go SS or any other SS form beyond that.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:15 am

I have noticed, they just tend to put SSB whenever they don't seem to have a clear idea on what level the opponent Goku facing is in..
Like against Android 17, nobody knows how strong he is exactly, he is just said to have good combat abilities in the scan which states freeza and Goku are equal and most powerful..
Trio the dangers beam, Arale who suddenly manages to give out a beam 100 times stronger than before etc..
Very few instances are there where it's use is actually not warranted..

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:23 am

They ruined Super Saiyan Blue post Future Trunks saga.

It was used far too many times in situations where it just absolutely was not needed at all. It was supposed to such a high level of power that it couldn't be comprehended, so high that Goku was too powerful for his body to keep up with it, so powerful a mere clash fists threatens the existence of the entire universe....

...then it was used to fight Krillin and Android 17.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:26 am

Ki Breaker wrote:I have noticed, they just tend to put SSB whenever they don't seem to have a clear idea on what level the opponent Goku facing is in..
Like against Android 17, nobody knows how strong he is exactly, he is just said to have good combat abilities in the scan which states freeza and Goku are equal and most powerful..
Trio the dangers beam, Arale who suddenly manages to give out a beam 100 times stronger than before etc..
I can name a couple, like when he was fighting Nink, he probably could have just gotten free if he did any sort of transformation, against the trio-de dangers whom they were pretty easily kicking the crap out of in SS and even if they did need a power boost there were 2 other SS transformations they could have used before going blue, and finally, the one that most gets under my skin, Goku goes SSB to save 17 in #87.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:37 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:I have noticed, they just tend to put SSB whenever they don't seem to have a clear idea on what level the opponent Goku facing is in..
I can name a couple, like when he was fighting Nink, he probably could have just gotten free if he did any sort of transformation, against the trio-de dangers whom they were pretty easily kicking the crap out of in SS and even if they did need a power boost there were 2 other SS transformations they could have used before going blue, and finally, the one that most gets under my skin, Goku goes SSB to save 17 in #87.
Against nink, if by chance his other transformations weren't enough to shake him off, he would be done for, Goku probably didn't wanna risk it..
The the dangers beam I mentioned in my interpretation, nobody knows how strong it was supposed to be, hence blue was used..

Basically, I interpret it as the writers saving themselves form future inconsistencies by having Goku go maximum, and then hold back the required amount.. If in future toriyama suddenly decided to make it a plot point that the trio beam overpowers an SS3 level opponent but Goku had used SS2 to overpower the same beam in the tournament, it will cause unnecessary problems..
So, they don't even try to include their own power scaling and just go with blue whenever theres no clue on what the opponent could be doing in the future..

As for blue to save 17, SSG was moving around in the stratosphere, most likely they used blue because God's the only powerup Which managed survive not completely nearly inside earth's breathable atmosphere..
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:39 am

Bullza wrote:They ruined Super Saiyan Blue post Future Trunks saga.

It was used far too many times in situations where it just absolutely was not needed at all. It was supposed to such a high level of power that it couldn't be comprehended, so high that Goku was too powerful for his body to keep up with it, so powerful a mere clash fists threatens the existence of the entire universe....

...then it was used to fight Krillin and Android 17.
I thought it was supposed to be a form that indicated perfect ki control? Or was it both? Because those seem like contradictory attributes of the form and in which case no wonder everyone's confused about the form.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:42 am

Sometimes I think about the Nink situation and I'll think, "What if Nink was just THAT strong. Like Blue was necessary to shake him off?"

I mean, I don't actually think Nink is that strong, but it's funny to think about, because it could totally end up being true and it wouldn't contradict anything. Though it would be a massive waste of a strong character.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:46 am

Boo Machine wrote:Sometimes I think about the Nink situation and I'll think, "What if Nink was just THAT strong. Like Blue was necessary to shake him off?"

I mean, I don't actually think Nink is that strong, but it's funny to think about, because it could totally end up being true and it wouldn't contradict anything. Though it would be a massive waste of a strong character.
If nink was that strong, he would fight and not go the route of eliminating himself to take down another player..
Basic chiaotzu move buddy, can't beat em? Take them down with you