"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by funrush » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Do we have any word on what Dyspo is yet? Is he part of the same race as Beerus/Champa? Maybe another relative?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Okay so one thing I dont get....

Zeno has been saying there are too many universe. Okay...so why destroy the bottom ones? There are TWO Zeno now. It doesnt seem like they do much anyway so why not split the non existent work?
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Can't do paperwork for universes that don't exist.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:59 pm

funrush wrote:Do we have any word on what Dyspo is yet? Is he part of the same race as Beerus/Champa? Maybe another relative?
So far, probably nothing. He could look like Beerus as a inside joke because many people thought Beerus look like a rabbit when they first announce the movie in 2012.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:02 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Okay so one thing I dont get....

Zeno has been saying there are too many universe. Okay...so why destroy the bottom ones? There are TWO Zeno now. It doesnt seem like they do much anyway so why not split the non existent work?
Daishinkan said he wanted to go to U7 Earth sometime... Maybe they plan to bring back the destroyed universes and this is all an act.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Last I recall, he didn't place much confidence in Universe 7's survival thanks to Universe 11 being in the mix, as interested in Goku as he may be. Safe to say the plan has sailed and he's focused on, yes for realsies, letting the Zenou destroy universes as they wish.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:16 pm

funrush wrote:Do we have any word on what Dyspo is yet? Is he part of the same race as Beerus/Champa? Maybe another relative?
Given his buck teeth, bigger and more laide back ears and his slightly different facial and head design I'm leaning towards him not being the same race. More likely its a coqincidence or a chace of parallel eveltution in different universes.

Beeur and Chamapa are cat people, Dyspo is a bunnyman.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Even if you have a assistant wouldn't they both still want their jobs to be easier? 13 universes spread between two =7.5 each after the ToP is over, there will be the 4 remaining universes and the surviving one was so 5 universes spread between the 2= 2.5 each, that is a lot more less. Besides if those universes aren't pulling their weight it is their fault, the exempt universes are doing well and thus not bothering Zen-Oh.

Jaden
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jaden » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:51 pm

Question: Is there any official source that says Super starts in Age 778? If so, could you attach a link or an image'?
Let me rephrase that - Is there any official source that says BoG takes place in Age 778?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Even if you have a assistant wouldn't they both still want their jobs to be easier? 13 universes spread between two =7.5 each after the ToP is over, there will be the 4 remaining universes and the surviving one was so 5 universes spread between the 2= 2.5 each, that is a lot more less. Besides if those universes aren't pulling their weight it is their fault, the exempt universes are doing well and thus not bothering Zen-Oh.
Well its half but obviously 13 cant be split exactly.

What weight do they really have to pull is my question? Seeing as how noone keeps close tabs, it would seem, how are they even rated?

I just wish the show would delve into why Zeno wants them gone a bit deeper. Why does their existence bother him?

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Jaden wrote:
Question: Is there any official source that says Super starts in Age 778? If so, could you attach a link or an image'?
Let me rephrase that - Is there any official source that says BoG takes place in Age 778?
There isn't. People have just assumed

Also, before anyone says anything, no; Xenoverse titles are not official sources. They are video games, not an official guidebook or Toei/Toriyama/Toyotaro

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:49 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Well its half but obviously 13 cant be split exactly.

What weight do they really have to pull is my question? Seeing as how noone keeps close tabs, it would seem, how are they even rated?

I just wish the show would delve into why Zeno wants them gone a bit deeper. Why does their existence bother him?

The whole mortal ranking thing is basically the cop out so they don't have to answer that specifically, we have to basically buy whatever they measured is accurate and personally I do, I think it's a fairly competent enough explanation instead of Zen-Oh being bored and deciding to erase universes.

Unrelated but I am actually really looking forward to the resolution of the ToP, Super so far to it's credit definitely surprised a lot of folks with the endings to the U6 and Trunks arc so I'm excited to see what happens here.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:13 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
Jaden wrote:

Also, before anyone says anything, no; Xenoverse titles are not official sources. They are video games, not an official guidebook or Toei/Toriyama/Toyotaro
Yes there is: http://db30th.com/into/into_nenpyo.html. Not only this, but every source that has shown Battle of Gods says that it takes place in Age 778. One should investigate before claiming things that are not true.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:22 pm

There's something I've been wondering regarding the angels of the universes that get erased. I was going to make a separate thread about it, but I figured it wasn't big enough to justify an entire separate thread, so I thought I'd put it here: what happens to the angels after heir universe gets erased?

The purpose of an angel in the Dragon Ball universe is to look after and train the God of Destruction of their respective universe, isn't it? So what are all the angels of the universes that get erased in the Tournament of Power supposed to do afterwards?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Good question, I've been wondering about it myself.

Are they supposed to return to the void of their erased universe and spend time there forever? Was that what being "disactivated" meant all along?

Or maybe they're free and can do whatever they wish, not being tied to anyone. I wouldn't see Whis being so laid-back if his freedom was endangered.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:52 pm

Xeogran wrote:Good question, I've been wondering about it myself.

Are they supposed to return to the void of their erased universe and spend time there forever? Was that what being "disactivated" meant all along?

Or maybe they're free and can do whatever they wish, not being tied to anyone. I wouldn't see Whis being so laid-back if his freedom was endangered.
I imagine they cant be tied to something that doesnt exist. When the universe they belong to is erased they are no longer tied to it in any way. That is my theory.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:11 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
Jaden wrote:

Yes there is: http://db30th.com/into/into_nenpyo.html. Not only this, but every source that has shown Battle of Gods says that it takes place in Age 778. One should investigate before claiming things that are not true.
Oh, good, you have the exact source I was looking for in order to reply to that post.
Additionally, you can go some pages back in this thread (it's also on Herms' Twitter if you scroll down) and look at that timeline on the wall, where Battle of Gods is again placed in 778.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:12 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
So far, probably nothing. He could look like Beerus as a inside joke because many people thought Beerus look like a rabbit when they first announce the movie in 2012.
Probably why they're bringing back SSG too, as a callback to Beerus vs Goku.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:20 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
Probably why they're bringing back SSG too, as a callback to Beerus vs Goku.
I wont be surprised if they reuse the scenes from episode 10-14, because Toei thinking no one will remember the Goku vs Beerus fight from 2015 because most fans wanted to forget the movie re-tellings.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:31 pm

shadowmaria wrote:There isn't. People have just assumed
Are you sure?
shadowmaria wrote:Also, before anyone says anything, no; Xenoverse titles are not official sources. They are video games, not an official guidebook or Toei/Toriyama/Toyotaro
We are well aware that Xenoverse are video-games which is exactly what makes them official sources.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~