"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Araki
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Araki » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:24 am

HeroR wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I'm starting to think no one in this fan base knows what the phrase 'Shoved down our throats' is supposed to mean.
It can go join filler, asspull, and plot hole in the words that lost all meaning category.
I was just about to post the same.
There was a time when "Deus ex machina" was huge, too!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:29 am

Araki wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I'm starting to think no one in this fan base knows what the phrase 'Shoved down our throats' is supposed to mean.
It can go join filler, asspull, and plot hole in the words that lost all meaning category.
Don't forget Mary Sue/Gary Stu

I don't see it crop up as often as before but there was a time I saw that term thrown a lot at Goku

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:37 am

Kanassa wrote:
HeroR wrote:
And sue.
And job. Surprised no one mentioned that one yet.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Daemul

Post by Daemul » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:54 am

Alruneia wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
HeroR wrote:
And sue.
And job. Surprised no one mentioned that one yet.
Yep, that one especially. People in this fanbase clearly have no idea what jobbing is.

Also, the word fodder needs to join the category as well.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:21 am

Araki wrote:
HeroR wrote:
You can throw in "retcon" as well. That word has lost nearly all its substance with how much it's casually thrown around.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:25 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Araki wrote:
HeroR wrote:
You can throw in "retcon" as well. That word has lost nearly all its substance with how much it's casually thrown around.
What about stakes in dbz? :think:
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:14 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Araki wrote:
What about stakes in dbz? :think:
T E N S I O N
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:24 am

Let's bring it back around without a laundry list of semantic discussion, please and thank you! :)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:05 am

I actually wouldn't mind if Vegeta got knocked out by Frost redirecting the Mafuba and sealed him, it's much more interesting then Vegeta getting KO the normal way, it would suck to see Vegeta go out just before the climax but I would be able to live with it that way. Of course big issue for Frost is he doesn't have a seal...

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:08 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I actually wouldn't mind if Vegeta got knocked out by Frost redirecting the Mafuba and sealed him, it's much more interesting then Vegeta getting KO the normal way, it would suck to see Vegeta go out just before the climax but I would be able to live with it that way. Of course big issue for Frost is he doesn't have a seal...
I still say Vegeta gets trap, the bottle gets lost somehow, and Vegeta is one of the people counted in the end since he's still technically in the ring.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:26 am

HeroR wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I actually wouldn't mind if Vegeta got knocked out by Frost redirecting the Mafuba and sealed him, it's much more interesting then Vegeta getting KO the normal way, it would suck to see Vegeta go out just before the climax but I would be able to live with it that way. Of course big issue for Frost is he doesn't have a seal...
I still say Vegeta gets trap, the bottle gets lost somehow, and Vegeta is one of the people counted in the end since he's still technically in the ring.
That would definitely be a very Toriyama thing to do. Veggie fans can rejoic Vegeta goes the distance.

The Saiyan Royal

Post by The Saiyan Royal » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:33 am

HeroR wrote:
Unless Frost have the seal I don't see why Vegeta could'nt escape the same way zamasu did.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:41 am

The Saiyan Royal wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Unless Frost have the seal I don't see why Vegeta could'nt escape the same way zamasu did.
The seal is written directly on the bottle.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:44 am

The Saiyan Royal wrote:
HeroR wrote:

Though I think Vegeta being trapped without the seal would be entirely pointless since everyone knows he can just escape from that. There is no drama there. Maybe Roshi seals it quickly without realizing what is happening or Frost does manage to get the seal and Jar away from Master Roshi to actually seal Vegeta away.

Anyways while I don't want Vegeta knocked out of the story so early if it is the case where he is able to escape from the sealed Mafuba that would be pretty cool. I may forgive them for that. ;)

Edit: Or as the above says the seal is written directly on the jar. Actually that makes a lot of sense.
Last edited by Kinokima on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:44 am

The Saiyan Royal wrote:Unless Frost have the seal I don't see why Vegeta could'nt escape the same way zamasu did.
Frost wouldn't know about that so he could think he's done only for him to break out and kick his sorry behind.

Or the writers will forget a seal is needed and just leave Vegeta in there.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:47 am

Jigurashi wrote:
HeroR wrote:
That would definitely be a very Toriyama thing to do. Veggie fans can rejoic Vegeta goes the distance.
You know they wouldn't accept that.

If they did, they would know Vegeta has more wins in super than Goku.

The Saiyan Royal

Post by The Saiyan Royal » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:54 am

sintzu wrote:
The Saiyan Royal wrote:Unless Frost have the seal I don't see why Vegeta could'nt escape the same way zamasu did.
Frost wouldn't know about that so he could think he's done only for him to break out and kick his sorry behind.
Agree. I think this is exactly what will happen.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:59 am

sintzu wrote:

Considering they just showed Roshi sealing the Mafuba in the episode before last, they aren't gonna magically forget how the Mafuba works. I think the lack of seal is what the summaries meant when "Frost seemed to have trapped Vegeta but...".

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:22 pm

sintzu wrote:

The seal is on the bottle,we saw that on the Roshi episode,seriously the people that say Toei/Toriyama forgot are the ones who forget something after they saw it.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Considering they just showed Roshi sealing the Mafuba in the episode before last, they aren't gonna magically forget how the Mafuba works. I think the lack of seal is what the summaries meant when "Frost seemed to have trapped Vegeta but...".
Considering that Frost is REDIRECTING Roshi's mafuuba, Roshi orbably already has another bottle out with the seal on it.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017