"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by pacz360 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:10 am

Arg wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Jiren vs Hit happening. Great.
I guess Hit will hold Jiren off so Goku can charge his spirit bomb.
The spirit bomb is in the specia and goku new form so no

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:16 am

I swear to God if Goku got knocked the hell out of the ring in the special :lol: then again I wouldnt mind it that much, I got used to Goku losing the big one most of the time.
Wonder what happens with Ep 113, saiyan battle, U6 V U7 saiyans again? but this time Gohan V Kale/Cauli/Cabba or all 3 of them?

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:17 am

pacz360 wrote:
Arg wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Jiren vs Hit happening. Great.
Has it been confirmed yet that his new form will actually be unlocked in the special? Given that we still don't know what his new form actually is, there is still the possibility of him absorbing a godly spirit bomb; and hit is realisticly the only fighter capable of holding jiren off.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:21 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Unless Jiren gets fucked up by Goku or burns off a lot of his ki, I worry for Hit. Then again, I'm not sure Hit would try to intervene in that battle unless he thought he had a chance. Could all of these episodes be fights against Jiren? :think:
Hit and Jiren couldboth be going out around this time.

I expect 2 of Goku, Jiren and Hit to fall around this time.
Nope falling for it this time. Every week we speculate on who gets enlimated and every week most of us are wrong. Time to sit back and enjoy the show.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:28 am

Arg wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Arg wrote:
Has it been confirmed yet that his new form will actually be unlocked in the special? Given that we still don't know what his new form actually is, there is still the possibility of him absorbing a godly spirit bomb; and hit is realisticly the only fighter capable of holding jiren off.
The way they been hyping it goku new form is happening in the special
What can hit do exactly? Jiren saw his fight with Dyspo and aware of his abilities
Hit doesn't stand a chance unless jiren gets fucked up from his fight with goku

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:46 am

Big Black Saiyan wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Unless Jiren gets fucked up by Goku or burns off a lot of his ki, I worry for Hit. Then again, I'm not sure Hit would try to intervene in that battle unless he thought he had a chance. Could all of these episodes be fights against Jiren? :think:
Hit and Jiren couldboth be going out around this time.

I expect 2 of Goku, Jiren and Hit to fall around this time.
Nope falling for it this time. Every week we speculate on who gets enlimated and every week most of us are wrong. Time to sit back and enjoy the show.
They all can't permanently stay in. These fights look way too big for no one to fall.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:16 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Provisional titles for October:

111- Hit VS Jiren

112- Vegeta's Resolution

113- Battle-loving Saiyan Battle

Translations from Kagari.
Are these confirmed? Anyway Hit vs. Jiren is happening after the TV Special, so I guess Goku new form has failed? :?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:36 am

Much as I would love for the unexpected to happen with Hit surviving Jiren, the title of that battle has all the makings of Jackie Chun fighting Tenshinhan, or in other words the previous main contender of a tournament being overwhelmed by the present. If Toriyama wanted to defy the conventions of his series then he could allow for an unexpected outcome to occur like some are proposing involving a stalemate or Hit accomplishing the impossible by taking down the most powerful threat of this tournament. Knowing how much this series likes to adhere to certain tropes, though, I find that outcome to be unlikely.

Vegeta's round of self-reflective outbursting doesn't interest me all too much. We've been witnessing him have these moments of resolute fury since the Cell arc. For me personally, it doesn't chime with anything interesting besides whomever it is that would warrant such a reaction and whether they're able to survive it long enough to continue on in the tournament. If it turns out to be Jiren then in all likelihood Hit failed and was eliminated/incapacitated. I'm not sure who else could rile Vegeta up so much except the likes of Freeza. Very few people have the power necessary to oppose Vegeta at his strongest. If it's not Jiren or Freeza then it might be Toppo or Dyspo.

I have low expectations for 113. Saiyans don't particularly interest me.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:45 am

I'm wondering what episode 113 means will goku Vs jiren resume or what :think:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:01 am

Ah, so the Tournament of Power will last longer still, eh? I suspect Gokuu will pass out but not leave the ring after fighting Jiren. This way we can see more of Jiren fighting before Gokuu wakes up. Episode #113 sounds like a Vegeta or Caulifla episode.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:14 am

pacz360 wrote:I'm wondering what episode 113 means will goku Vs jiren resume or what :think:
They could be both out already by then.

Just remember that:

1. Jiren does not have to be the last main enemy.

2. Goku does not have to be the one to defeat Jiren or the last main enemy.
Lionel wrote:Much as I would love for the unexpected to happen with Hit surviving Jiren, the title of that battle has all the makings of Jackie Chun fighting Tenshinhan, or in other words the previous main contender of a tournament being overwhelmed by the present. If Toriyama wanted to defy the conventions of his series then he could allow for an unexpected outcome to occur like some are proposing involving a stalemate or Hit accomplishing the impossible by taking down the most powerful threat of this tournament. Knowing how much this series likes to adhere to certain tropes, though, I find that outcome to be unlikely.

Vegeta's round of self-reflective outbursting doesn't interest me all too much. We've been witnessing him have these moments of resolute fury since the Cell arc. For me personally, it doesn't chime with anything interesting besides whomever it is that would warrant such a reaction and whether they're able to survive it long enough to continue on in the tournament. If it turns out to be Jiren then in all likelihood Hit failed and was eliminated/incapacitated. I'm not sure who else could rile Vegeta up so much except the likes of Freeza. Very few people have the power necessary to oppose Vegeta at his strongest. If it's not Jiren or Freeza then it might be Toppo or Dyspo.

I have low expectations for 113. Saiyans don't particularly interest me.
Episode 111 seems like Goku has been beaten by Jiren or is seriously damaged and it is Hit's turn to fight Jiren. Episode 112 seems like Hit has failed and Vegeta is going to do something desperate. Episode 113 could be absolutely anything related to Saiyans.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:20 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
pacz360 wrote:I'm wondering what episode 113 means will goku Vs jiren resume or what :think:

Just remember that:

Nah that's just you hoping for it
I don't see goku biting it until the end nor jiren
Hit should bite it after the special and maybe vegeta

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:29 am

pacz360 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Just remember that:

Nah that's just you hoping for it
I don't see goku biting it until the end nor jiren
Hit should bite it after the special and maybe vegeta
It is what I am hoping for but there is no reason why it can't happen.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:35 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This last part is pretty interesting, never seen before ki could either go in the direction of angelic ki if that's a thing, or a malicious ki which is not necessarily seen in Goku before..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:35 am

I have no expectations for who's going to win, I just want to see limit break in action. It's a lot of fun to draw; I want to see it in motion.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:39 am

You never know, with the recent bit of information we got then Damom could actually be the main enemy. Could be why they're hiding him.

It'd be interesting I suppose especially if Jiren does end up being a boring Hit 2.0 character. After all it would be a big surprise, everyone from the start expected it to come to Jiren so if that doesn't happen and they portrayed him that way to fool everyone then it could be pretty different.

I doubt it'll happen though.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:47 am

Bullza wrote:You never know, with the recent bit of information we got then Damom could actually be the main enemy. Could be why they're hiding him.

It'd be interesting I suppose especially if Jiren does end up being a boring Hit 2.0 character. After all it would be a big surprise, everyone from the start expected it to come to Jiren so if that doesn't happen and they portrayed him that way to fool everyone then it could be pretty different.

I doubt it'll happen though.
I think it could. Jiren will probably be everything he's been built as, namely a big buff dude with a high power level to give Goku a new form and a hard time. But it would be very fitting if the bugs were the final enemies. Not necessarily super powerful, but very tricky, evasive, and tough as hell to beat because of their abilities. They keep saying the tournament isn't just about individual power and all the strength in the world means nothing if you can't find or hit the enemy.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:12 am

It really feels like the Namekians might be Nigrishi 2.0, nothing about centered on them so far.

I expect the Bug siblings to be very hax, one of his main abilities is going kamikaze iirc, so what if the more he goes kamikaze the stronger he gets?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:20 am

Ki Breaker wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This last part is pretty interesting, never seen before ki could either go in the direction of angelic ki if that's a thing, or a malicious ki which is not necessarily seen in Goku before..
Indeed is... What is supposed to be this malicious Ki? Is Goku becoming the devil? :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:23 am

With Goku fighting and maybe even losing to Jerin with his new form, what was the point of bringing back SsjG this late in the game ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.