"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:44 pm

perucho1990 wrote:I expect Piccolo fighting the U6 Namekians in the TV Special, and then they get eliminated by Jiren.
Any particular reason? Just curious.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Jigurashi wrote: Any party ocular reason? Just curious.
The Namekians scream Nigrishi 2.0, and Piccolo might get trolled again or losing arms for the 342930429340th time because Yamagushi will write the TV Special, the same guy that wrote episode 106 with Piccolo jobbing in order to make Tien look good.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:04 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
The Namekians scream Nigrishi 2.0, and Piccolo might get trolled again or losing arms for the 342930429340th time because Yamagushi will write the TV Special, the same guy that wrote episode 106 with Piccolo jobbing in order to make Tien look good.
Episode 106 was awful. I hope Yamagushi's script won't screw up the special.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Is Yamaguchi writing both 109 and 110 though? Or is someone else writing 110?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:07 pm

emperior wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Episode 106 was awful. I hope Yamagushi's script won't screw up the special.
Everyone has bad days I guess? I'd need to see more of his episode list before I worried....but 106 was awful.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:12 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:I feel like the "terrible thing" will be Jiren completely no-selling the Spirit Bomb. No major antagonist in DB has done that yet. Even Frieza was hurt by it, so Jiren withstanding the blast unscathed or just bapping it away would be quite the surprise.
It's possible. I personally think it'll be Goku's form itself that is the terrible thing. As for Jiren, he's the first in canon to be targeted by the Genki Dama and not begin to shit his pants. Not sure if he'll just tank it or swat it away or something.
Or he got more powerful by getting hit with Spirit Bomb
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Chuquita wrote:Is Yamaguchi writing both 109 and 110 though? Or is someone else writing 110?
Tomioka is handling 110 I believe.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:24 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Everyone has bad days I guess? I'd need to see more of his episode list before I worried....but 106 was awful.
Toshios weakest episode was 99 and it was better than 106.

Yagamushi also wrote 101, which had the most amount of fake tension in the tournament, Goku and Caulifla staying in base for no reason, no explanation of how Kale controlled Berseker power.

So dont expect Limit Breaker mode to have some kind of explanation..

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:39 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
If they were fighting in the special then one preview would have said it.

How do they scream Nigrishi 2.0. They look the complete opposite. Universe 6 have lost 4 fighters and Saonel and Pilina have not even been seen. We are probably going to see Hit and the Saiyans again before the Namekians.

Your interpretation of episode 106 is just wrong.

You also just pull random things out of your arse all time with no real evidence just like when you had an obsession with Caulifla beating Piccolo easily in the first few episodes of the tournament.

The special is going to be Goku and Jiren with Ribrianne at the start.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

I also expect Brianne to be gone if Jiren will go after her, but its also said that Jiren will overwhelm everyone when he unleashes his KI, he has to eliminate a good chunk of fighters to establish him as the Top Dog.

Also did you forget how Nail was treated in Z? His only fight was vs Base Freeza and he got straight up stomped. The U6 Namekians might meet the same fate.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:55 pm

perucho1990 wrote:I also expect Brianne to be gone if Jiren will go after her, but its also said that Jiren will overwhelm everyone when he unleashes his KI, he has to eliminate a good chunk of fighters to establish him as the Top Dog.

Also did you forget how Nail was treated in Z? His only fight was vs First Form Freeza and he got straight up stomped. The U6 Namekians might meet the same fate.
Jirr6n will most likely beat Ribrianne easily and then beat Goku and then probably Hit and maybe even Vegeta so what more do you need from him?

The overwhelming Ki will probably be him showing his power with his Ki maybe pushing some fighters back with no one being knocked out. They will then all comment on Jiren's power.

What has Nail got to do with anything?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:04 pm

If you were a casual fan back in the 90s, you wouldve expected Nail to have some kickass fights in Z, its the same thing with the U6 Namekians, Toriyama is mostly bias toward the Saiyans.

We should expect WSJ Episodes 109/110 PV this thursday.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:07 pm

perucho1990 wrote:If you were a casual fan back in the 90s, you wouldve expected Nail to have some kickass fights in Z, its the same thing with the U6 Namekians, Toriyama is mostly bias toward the Saiyans.

Except that Nail ended up having a role to play, even if it wasn't just to have a kickass fight. It's not the same thing. They wouldn't go through the trouble of having U6 Namakians just to have them be kicked out like nothing, or they would have either been thrown out by now, or could have been some other aliens entirely.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:If you were a casual fan back in the 90s, you wouldve expected Nail to have some kickass fights in Z, its the same thing with the U6 Namekians, Toriyama is mostly bias toward the Saiyans.

Except that Nail ended up having a role to play, even if it wasn't just to have a kickass fight. It's not the same thing. They wouldn't go through the trouble of having U6 Namakians just to have them be kicked out like nothing, or they would have either been thrown out by now, or could have been some other aliens entirely.
There is also the fact that Toei are deliberately not showing or mentioning them in the episodes even in episode 96 when the Universe 7 noticed a Yardratian but didn't say a thing about the Piccolo lookalike.

They have also outstayed Frost and are suppose to be Piccolo and Slug just like how we have Broly, Vegeta, Goku and Frieza on team Universe 6.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:35 pm

Kagari wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Is Yamaguchi writing both 109 and 110 though? Or is someone else writing 110?
Tomioka is handling 110 I believe.
Good to know. Tomioka can exposition well; 110 should be fine. If we get an explanation for Limit Break, he'll be the one to do it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:23 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Toshios weakest episode was 99 and it was better than 106.

Yagamushi also wrote 101, which had the most amount of fake tension in the tournament, Goku and Caulifla staying in base for no reason, no explanation of how Kale controlled Berseker power.

So dont expect Limit Breaker mode to have some kind of explanation..
Ouch...I really disliked 101 as well. Well he has a chance to make it up....hopefully...but now I'm not overly optimistic.

Toshio I see as consistently average so I could have lived with him.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:06 pm

I wonder what are the chances the "terrible" thing that happens is either

After Goku uses Spirit bomb, fails and gets knocked out, the other U7 eliminated warriors can't stand it and want to help thus resulting in them getting erased by Zeno. Or... Zeno dislikes the fact people from outside the arena may want to lend Goku their energy for the spirit bomb, thus erasing any who do so.

I think the chances of these are unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:56 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:I wonder what are the chances the "terrible" thing that happens is either

After Goku uses Spirit bomb, fails and gets knocked out, the other U7 eliminated warriors can't stand it and want to help thus resulting in them getting erased by Zeno. Or... Zeno dislikes the fact people from outside the arena may want to lend Goku their energy for the spirit bomb, thus erasing any who do so.

I think the chances of these are unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility.
Hard to say right now. I'm still under the belief that the "terrible" thing is Goku's new form itself. But one of your ideas could be right.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:17 pm

Maybe Goku's new form ends up accidentally killing someone, getting him disqualified, but I don't really see that happening so soon unless the tournament gets canceled.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:50 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Maybe Goku's new form ends up accidentally killing someone, getting him disqualified, but I don't really see that happening so soon unless the tournament gets canceled.
Right. Part of me is hoping the tournament does get cancelled/interrupted for some reason. Not exactly sure what kind of enemy would appear, but I'm hoping it would give all the remaining universes an opportunity to shine and prove their worth by taking out the enemy. Essentially making the Omni King change his mind about erasing the universes
How i predict the tournament will end: