"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:06 am

I really like Herms' careful what you wish for theory here: https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 2777839616
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:08 am

I think Universe 3 will probably get erase in the one hour special. They will probably have Jiren knock out the rest of Universe 3.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:23 am

If Goku does get ringed out in the special then I'm almost sure the tournament wont just be a tournament anymore, somethin's bound to happen outside, they're making way too much of a big deal over something terrible will happen, never before seen in DB history, I just hope those arent empty words for false hype, going by surprises maybe the terrible thing thats never before seen for some is Goku losing in his new form when all this time Goku's been on one hell of a losing streak so I dont see that as something "never before seen" its not Goku killing someone either as he killed characters before and even in Super (he killed Freeza) oh wait.. I got it, never before seen, somethin terrible... Goku gets erased!

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:33 am

I can't wait to see Freeza's reaction when he meets Saonel and Pirina. Give me my Nail flashback, Toei!! I deserve it for having to put up with your stupid idea of having Freeza back for this tournament!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:08 am

PMD wrote:Give me my Nail flashback, Toei!! I deserve it for having to put up with your stupid idea of having Freeza back for this tournament!
You really think this major thing is all on Toei? Then who would Toyotaro pick in his manga? Or, if Freeza's the one in the manga too, what will you say about it?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:50 am

Grimlock wrote:
PMD wrote:Give me my Nail flashback, Toei!! I deserve it for having to put up with your stupid idea of having Freeza back for this tournament!
You really think this major thing is all on Toei? Then who would Toyotaro pick in his manga? Or, if Freeza's the one in the manga too, what will you say about it?
Pretty simple: I will correct myself and say "Toei/Toyotaro/Toriyama" before I complain again about that cheap idea. It's not that hard, actually. This isn't about me. Whoever came up with the idea doesn't change the fact that it's a terrible idea haha

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:11 am

I don't think it's a bad idea, Toei is handling Freeza very well in this saga. Bad idea is to dedicate a movie about Freeza's return, kill him in the same movie and not add anything interesting to the lore.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:16 am

Grimlock wrote:I don't think it's a bad idea, Toei is handling Freeza very well in this saga. Bad idea is to dedicate a movie about Freeza's return, kill him in the same movie and not add anything interesting to the lore.

I agree Freeza has been handled better so far in the TOP than ROF.

But I am still worried what their plans are for him in the future.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:57 am

Kinokima wrote:
Grimlock wrote:I don't think it's a bad idea, Toei is handling Freeza very well in this saga. Bad idea is to dedicate a movie about Freeza's return, kill him in the same movie and not add anything interesting to the lore.

I agree Freeza has been handled better so far in the TOP than ROF.

But I am still worried what their plans are for him in the future.
Have to agree here... I wasn't a fan of Frieza coming back yet again, however this just makes me wish RoF never happened at all and we were pleasantly surprised with Frieza's return out of no where for the tournament. It would make it even more interesting and the possible revenge flip even more believable in my opinion.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:33 am

Seriously, it's always like this with our beloved Dragon Ball, why does One Piece have to air the week before, while our beloved Dragon Ball Special the week after that!? Now we have to wait 2 weeks! They could just as easily have had Super airing on October 1, with One Piece airing the week after on October the 8th.

This sucks!

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:11 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Seriously, it's always like this with our beloved Dragon Ball, why does One Piece have to air the week before, while our beloved Dragon Ball Special the week after that!? Now we have to wait 2 weeks! They could just as easily have had Super airing on October 1, with One Piece airing the week after on October the 8th.

This sucks!
If you're a One Piece fan, it's not as bad :thumbup:
How i predict the tournament will end:

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:00 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Seriously, it's always like this with our beloved Dragon Ball, why does One Piece have to air the week before, while our beloved Dragon Ball Special the week after that!? Now we have to wait 2 weeks! They could just as easily have had Super airing on October 1, with One Piece airing the week after on October the 8th.

This sucks!
I agree, it stinks to a degree cause it is like anything, you want to see what is going to happen cause last episode left again with cliff-hangers and the preview gave us its own cliffhangers as well; like the long wait Goku/Jiren fight(I am not much interested in that fight but I know many are so it counts allot, but I also to want to know this bad thing that happens? :think: ), The Spirit Bomb was shown and My Girl Ribrianne has a New Transformation that allows her to fly! 8)

So yea allot of Fans got allot we are waiting for each in our own Unique way.

But it is a good time to rest, prepare our minds to for what is about to come cause this is again a 1 hour long special so it is going to be a long dealing here and to look forward to the fact that after the last 2 week break when we came back to Episode 107 we got a Very Well Animated Episode, Well Pace and Well Written!

So their is rewards to the waiting.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:01 am

If we didn't have to wait 2 weeks now we'd have only have had to wait 2 weeks after. Best to just get the waiting over and done with as soon as possible.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:05 am

Kinokima wrote:I agree Freeza has been handled better so far in the TOP than ROF. But I am still worried what their plans are for him in the future.
Me too, I hope they don't go to the "redemption route".
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:41 pm

Checking Ken Xyro twitter, and says that the japanese fans feel that the Roshi episodes were the best of the ToP, followed by Goku/Hit episode.

They also think that Piccolo is next to be eliminated.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Checking Ken Xyro twitter, and says that the japanese fans feel that the Roshi episodes were the best of the ToP, followed by Goku/Hit episode.

They also think that Piccolo is next to be eliminated.
They are the best episodes but I seriously don't understand where people get the idea that Piccolo is next when the Androids are still. If you think he is fighting the Namekians the spoilers suggest he is not going to go anywhere soon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:59 pm

I wonder what their reasoning for thinking Piccolo is next to go is?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:04 pm

I assume it's because in the eyes of some folk, Piccolo is one of the "lower" fighters still in strength wise now that the humans are out. So they're probably just going by the "weakest out first, strongest out last" kind of mentality.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:07 pm

Chuquita wrote:I wonder what their reasoning for thinking Piccolo is next to go is?
I have no idea. Wouldn't you expect 18 to go first and maybe even 17? We also know Goku and Vegeta are in big fighys with Jiren in action.

They all keep saying Piccolo is fighting the Namekians but they are nowehere to be seen but also think he is next even though he has no fights apart from that one 15 second fight. It makes no sense to me.

A Piccolo and Gohan vs Saonel and Pilina fight has sounds like a final 10 fighters remaining type of fight.
Boo Machine wrote:I assume it's because in the eyes of some folk, Piccolo is one of the "lower" fighters still in strength wise now that the humans are out. So they're probably just going by the "weakest out first, strongest out last" kind of mentality.
18 would be next then if they are going by strength.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Chuquita wrote:I wonder what their reasoning for thinking Piccolo is next to go is?
Probably because he's only had one really short fight so far and he lacks the plot armor of Goku/Gohan/Vegeta.