"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Michsi wrote:So 25 mins. Well, that's a little more than half. If 112 claims that already nearing it's end, then that might mean things are going to be sped up. I think the episodes cover the whole of October and the beginning of November. I thought the arc would last until the end of the year.
The arc may last until the end of year or beyond but the fighting may end before then.

I'm really curious to see how this arc resolves personally and crossing my figures it leads into something else instead of having things wrapped up in a nice little bun.
Yeah, if it continues at the rate it's going with 2 minutes per episode and there are no more breaks, we should be down to ~5 minutes remaining by the December 15 episode, which would be the 12th episode under the new ED. This is being called the climax so things could intensify before then with the timer speeding up, or we could go maximum Frieza Time and the last 5 minutes could be dragged out for an entire cour. :o

What I'm personally hoping for is that the arc lasts until December/January at the latest and we can roll smoothly into the new arc in January of February without another long string of SoL episodes. Fingers crossed for a new arc preview at Jump Festa! That's on Dec 16-17 this year.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:43 am

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:

Didn't someone say there are 31 minutes left? That's more than half of the remaining time.
It was never said that they would used the full time limit and 112 is called the tournament reaching its end in the one of the spoilers.
There is 25 minutes left and 31 fighters remaining and I would just ignore that line about the tournament coming to an end due to the amount of fighters remaining.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:45 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
There is 25 minutes left and 31 fighters remaining and I would just ignore that line about the tournament coming to an end due to the amount of fighters remaining.
I would think Toei would know more about when the arc will end then fans guessing based on how many minutes remain, especially when you have someone who can easily waste most of the remaining fighters. And 31, soon to be 30, means that only 32% of the fighters remains.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:51 am

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
I would think Toei would know more about when the arc will end then fans guessing based on how many minutes remain, especially when you have someone who can easily waste most of the remaining fighters.
I am guessing based on the amount of fighters left not time. You are the one who said Jiren was going to take outabout 30 fighters before his fight with Goku and that was never going to happen.

The Saiyans are fighting for the next 4 episodes and after that we will still have many other fighters remaining.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:51 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Michsi wrote:So 25 mins. Well, that's a little more than half. If 112 claims that already nearing it's end, then that might mean things are going to be sped up. I think the episodes cover the whole of October and the beginning of November. I thought the arc would last until the end of the year.
The arc may last until the end of year or beyond but the fighting may end before then.

I'm really curious to see how this arc resolves personally and crossing my figures it leads into something else instead of having things wrapped up in a nice little bun.
Yeah, if it continues at the rate it's going with 2 minutes per episode and there are no more breaks, we should be down to ~5 minutes remaining by the December 15 episode, which would be the 12th episode under the new ED. This is being called the climax so things could intensify before then with the timer speeding up, or we could go maximum Frieza Time and the last 5 minutes could be dragged out for an entire cour. :o

What I'm personally hoping for is that the arc lasts until December/January at the latest and we can roll smoothly into the new arc in January of February without another long string of SoL episodes. Fingers crossed for a new arc preview at Jump Festa! That's on Dec 16-17 this year.
I actually prefer the string of SoL episodes we got between the Black arc and this, it helps flesh the world and characters out a lot more and is realistic in the sense that you can't expect one big arc to happen after the other for example Goku and Hit's relationship got more time on screen it also teased Ultra Instinct and then stuff like getting Krillin back into martial arts erc. The Manga is jumping arc to arc and it just doesn't feel whole or complete which is why I stopped reading it. So I wouldn't mind if we had similar length of SoL after this arc.

This is primarily why I like DBS so much.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:53 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
I am guessing based on the amount of fighters left not time. You are the one who said Jiren was going to take outabout 30 fighters before his fight with Goku and that was never going to happen.

The Saiyans are fighting for the next 4 episodes and after that we will still have many other fighters remaining.
I said Jiren could take out a lot of fighters before fighting and guess what, he can still can take out a lot of fighters. And 30 fighters isn't a lot when we started with 80.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:02 am

Who knows, maybe four universes will survive? Seven, Six, Eleven and Two? Then those four could participate in a tournament with the other four?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:06 am

Anything could happen in these episodes so we have to see how things play out

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:08 am

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

I said Jiren could take out a lot of fighters before fighting and guess what, he can still can take out a lot of fighters. And 30 fighters isn't a lot when we started with 80.
Yes he can but why would Toriyama do that? He is established and we know where he stands. Toei are going to keep this arc going for as long as possible due to all the characters they can promote.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:08 am

HeroR wrote: I would think Toei would know more about when the arc will end then fans guessing based on how many minutes remain, especially when you have someone who can easily waste most of the remaining fighters. And 31, soon to be 30, means that only 32% of the fighters remains.
Yeah, who would have guessed that the Future Trunks arc would end just 3 episodes after the appearance of Fusion Zamasu and just one after the return of Vegito/Vegetto?
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: The arc may last until the end of year or beyond but the fighting may end before then.

I actually prefer the string of SoL episodes we got between the Black arc and this, it helps flesh the world and characters out a lot more and is realistic in the sense that you can't expect one big arc to happen after the other for example Goku and Hit's relationship got more time on screen it also teased Ultra Instinct and then stuff like getting Krillin back into martial arts erc. The Manga is jumping arc to arc and it just doesn't feel whole or complete which is why I stopped reading it. So I wouldn't mind if we had similar length of SoL after this arc.

This is primarily why I like DBS so much.
Oh don't get me wrong, I like the slice of life episodes too, but I felt like the string of 9 between the Future Trunks and US arcs was a bit too long even though it brought us great stuff like the Goku/Hit two parter, the godly baseball episode and the Doctor Slump crossover. Something like the Great Saiyaman saga would be a perfect buffer; slice of life hijinks that lay the groundwork for the new stuff. Either way I think we'll get some more Daddy Vegeta fun. :D

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:14 am

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:Perhaps the Namekians will end up being the last fighters of Uni 6 after all, Frieza will probably take out Cabba in 112 to piss off Vegeta and there is no way the female sayains are surviving 3 consecutive episodes, at least one has to go

I dismissed the theoroes about Piccolo merging with them, but if those two wanna live and are outclassed, maybe they might be down to do it.
They would be considered eliminated if they assimilated into Piccolo like Nail did.
Exactly. I don't see Piccolo fusing with them unless there's a villain introduced that threatens everyone. The theories of the angels having a sinister plan lead by the GP have died down but I still haven't lost faith in them completely.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:16 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
HeroR wrote: I would think Toei would know more about when the arc will end then fans guessing based on how many minutes remain, especially when you have someone who can easily waste most of the remaining fighters. And 31, soon to be 30, means that only 32% of the fighters remains.
Yeah, who would have guessed that the Future Trunks arc would end just 3 episodes after the appearance of Fusion Zamasu and just one after the return of Vegito/Vegetto?
The difference here was that Merged Zamasu was the only enemy and that is not the case in the tournament.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:16 am

I hope it doesnt end yet, been a long time since I've seen Goku in just his blue undershirt and now a possible upcoming shirtless one, I wanna savor every episode of it cause we all know he'll be back in orange once he gets the chance to, if only the people up there decides to bring in EoZ Goku gi then its a whole different story or even their RF gi.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:23 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Yes he can but why would Toriyama do that? He is established and we know where he stands. Toei are going to keep this arc going for as long as possible due to all the characters they can promote.
And most of the characters are fodder and got almost no scene time. So the "Toei are going to keep this arc going for as long as possible due to all the characters they can promote", only holds true for a handful of characters.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
The difference here was that Merged Zamasu was the only enemy and that is not the case in the tournament.
The point remains since Toei didn't even keep Vegetto around for a full episode despite all the 'marketing' the could have done with him. Even Merged Zamasu could have stuck around longer, especially before they deformed him.
Kanassa wrote:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:43 am

HeroR wrote:The point remains since Toei didn't even keep Vegetto around for a full episode despite all the 'marketing' the could have done with him. Even Merged Zamasu could have stuck around longer, especially before they deformed him.
And it's not like the lack of screen time stopped Toei from marketing VB. The guy has a bunch of merch after getting maybe 10 minutes of screen time.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:55 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
HeroR wrote:The point remains since Toei didn't even keep Vegetto around for a full episode despite all the 'marketing' the could have done with him. Even Merged Zamasu could have stuck around longer, especially before they deformed him.
And it's not like the lack of screen time stopped Toei from marketing VB. The guy has a bunch of merch after getting maybe 10 minutes of screen time.

Well I expect we will definitely see Vegetto again. The whole retconning that they won't stay formed forever seems like they set it up so he can return whenever. Well as long as they have the earrings handy. And he is popular enough that I can't imagine he won't show up again.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:38 am

I hope the girls dont steal the spotlight from Cabba again.

112 has to be Cabbas episode.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:02 pm

Episode 112 has a Future Trunks arc green sky?

Very curious, but not being my hopes up for Rosé or Zamasu. It's probably just a coincidence.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Chuquita wrote:Episode 112 has a Future Trunks arc green sky?

Very curious, but not being my hopes up for Rosé or Zamasu. It's probably just a coincidence.
The true evil of the universe finally makes its appearance; Pollution!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Episode 112 has a Future Trunks arc green sky?

The true evil of the universe finally makes its appearance; Pollution!
Now you gave me a mental picture of Captain Planet coming in to save the day.
Kanassa wrote: