"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:53 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: That...is a very good point, actually. Frieza's been on a roll of 'haha I was just pretending to be evil' lately. Could that be what he's up to? :think:

Earning everyone's trust before he stabs them in the back. :lol:
And the Goku/Vegeta scene in the PV, I believe Goku will tell Vegeta Freeza healed him and that he can be "trusted". :think:
The Saiyans are quite stupid so it would be easy to fool them. Maybe that's why he helped Gohan when Piccolo was not around as he knows he will see right through him. :)

I just think Frieza is trying to do the least he can so he can have enough energy to mess them up at the end and get the wish.
Vegeta is not that stupid.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:56 pm

All I know...if Vegeta does save Cabba from Frieza its going to make him look pretty bad. Hoping that isnt what happens.

Honestly if you like the other team its best to take them out first. Less time for more attachment to grow.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:57 pm

Vegeta isnt dumb BUT... if Freeza really "motivates Cabba" and gets him to become stronger, it would be Freeza way to gain Vegetas trust.

Again he has tried to gained Gohan and Gokus trust, could see Freeza doing it with the Androids and Piccolo too.

Freeza is going to help them as much as he can, so far he has played smart.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:02 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Vegeta isnt dumb BUT... if Freeza really "motivates Cabba" and gets him to become stronger, it would be Freeza way to gain Vegetas trust.

Again he has tried to gained Gohan and Gokus trust, could see Freeza doing it with the Androids and Piccolo too.

Freeza is going to help them as much as he can, so far he has played smart.
If Frieza helps Cabba he will gain Vegeta's trust. Frieza does not even onow the Androids so I doubt anything will happen there.

lord godly da don
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord godly da don » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:06 pm

I see people are talking about Jiren's eyes I wondered the same thing at the beginning of the arc but I'm not sure what I said still holds up
lord godly da don wrote:So the buff grey alien goku's fighting in the op what do you guys/gals think his gimmick will be ?

I think it will be something involving his eyes ( like at the U6 tournament when jaco was able to see how frost was cheating ) maybe he only has see what a person can do once remember it and come up with a way to defend against it or cancel it
*has to see

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:42 pm

I have seen a lot of hate for Ribrianne lately, anyone sharing the same feelings for her clarify what's up with that?

Ribrianne is what she is meant to be, a parody of magical girls with love bullshit everywhere, I say she does the job pretty good..
GodKaio-Ken wrote:All I know...if Vegeta does save Cabba from Frieza its going to make him look pretty bad. Hoping that isnt what happens.

Honestly if you like the other team its best to take them out first. Less time for more attachment to grow.
Best action Vegeta can take here is let Cabba handel Freeza himself, Vegeta was about to say fight with no regrets to Cabba wasn't he, this is his fight, he should be the one fighting it..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:47 pm

It's because they're forcing Ribrianne into almost every ep now. I didn't mind her when she first appeared, but just seeing her randomly fighting Goku or Vegeta in every ep has gotten repetitive. Especially since she more or less does the same thing every time she shows up.

I'm really hoping they're building up to something here, because I don't know why Ribrianne keeps getting all this focus since she's treated as a gag character. Maybe she'll get some new transformation?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:I have seen a lot of hate for Ribrianne lately, anyone sharing the same feelings for her clarify what's up with that?

Ribrianne is what she is meant to be, a parody of magical girls with love bullshit everywhere, I say she does the job pretty good..
GodKaio-Ken wrote:All I know...if Vegeta does save Cabba from Frieza its going to make him look pretty bad. Hoping that isnt what happens.

Best action Vegeta can take here is let Cabba handel Freeza himself, Vegeta was about to say fight with no regrets to Cabba wasn't he, this is his fight, he should be the one fighting it..
Many people don't like that sort of character and it is made worse when she has a lot of action compared to other fighters.
precita wrote:It's because they're forcing Ribrianne into almost every ep now. I didn't mind her when she first appeared, but just seeing her randomly fighting Goku or Vegeta in every ep has gotten repetitive. Especially since she more or less does the same thing every time she shows up.

I'm really hoping they're building up to something here, because I don't know why Ribrianne keeps getting all this focus since she's treated as a gag character. Maybe she'll get some new transformation?
Don't even try and say she is going to be the new warrior unless you want a kind of rage you have never seen.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:51 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:I have seen a lot of hate for Ribrianne lately, anyone sharing the same feelings for her clarify what's up with that?

Many people don't like that sort of character and it is made worse when she has a lot of action compared to other fighters.
precita wrote:It's because they're forcing Ribrianne into almost every ep now. I didn't mind her when she first appeared, but just seeing her randomly fighting Goku or Vegeta in every ep has gotten repetitive. Especially since she more or less does the same thing every time she shows up.

Don't even try and say she is going to be the new warrior unless you want a kind of rage you have never seen.
But...but....the power of love dude. The power of love.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:52 pm

pacz360 wrote: Done more than toppo,ribrianne,Dyspo,etc
Nearly everybody`s done more than Ribrianne and Toppo is there to be Jiren`s second in command.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:03 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Bullza wrote:Did he do Caulifla? Kale?
He designed Caulifla, Kale on the other hand, I feel was from Toyotaro.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Is that all we know is? So we don't even know for sure if Toriyama designed Jiren or Toppo? What about Ribrianne or even Goku's new form?

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Bullza wrote:Is that all we know is? So we don't even know for sure if Toriyama designed Jiren or Toppo? What about Ribrianne or even Goku's new form?
Nope, only concept art released from Toriyama have been Caulifla and some Gods of Destruction/Angels.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:16 pm

I wish we had a statement about this arc from Toriyama like we got for the other major arcs.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Bullza wrote:So do we know who Toriyama actually designed for this saga? We know about a few of the Gods but did which of the mortals did he do the designs for?

Did he do Caulifla? Kale? Jiren? Toppo? Dyspo? Etc. Who has he designed here?
He probably designed most U3 robots because he likes drawing robots.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:12 pm

Bullza wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:
Bullza wrote:Did he do Caulifla? Kale?
He designed Caulifla, Kale on the other hand, I feel was from Toyotaro.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Is that all we know is? So we don't even know for sure if Toriyama designed Jiren or Toppo? What about Ribrianne or even Goku's new form?
I don’t think he designed Jiren because his characters are typically a lot more fun to look at visually. Also just noticed that Caulifa actually looks a lot older on that design then how she’s drawn in the anime. Predicting Toyotaro makes Caulifa look older in the manga.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:23 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:

Ok Then, Cause I believe Ribrianne has a Decent possibility of Being the New Character! :thumbup:

Not the most, I still think it will be the Devastator Robots the most, U3 needs the push the most right now.

If not Ribrianne now that is fine, her time will come later.

She has allot story going here, even I am getting more then I though I would this quickly, did not expect anything this much out of episode 111. Toei is indeed building up to something with her and I love That Toei is doing this way more then I though they would and hitting many of the story benchmarks need.

If you don't like her character fine, but story needs to allow to be built-up, the writer needs to do the job in the way they planned it. I don't get why we need to rush each story plot so fast, where are we in a hurry too? :crazy: :eh:

I read comics for a living a it can take a year at least for a single story arc at times in a single book to find its grove and remember a single issue takes a MONTH to come out, not a new episode each week. So patiences is what we need to have, I never get why rushing a story is so important, let it flow.
Last edited by CJStriker_CBR on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:32 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:All I know...if Vegeta does save Cabba from Freeza its going to make him look pretty bad. Hoping that isnt what happens.
Exactly. I mean f*** that Saiyan compassion, Vegeta, f*** that you despise Freeza, he's on your team and you are fighting to live. Just let Cabba be punished like he deserves.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:43 pm

Noah wrote: Exactly. I mean f*** that Saiyan compassion, Vegeta, f*** that you despise Freeza, he's on your team and you are fighting to live. Just let Cabba be punished like he deserves.
So it's fine for Vegeta to regress as a character or act out of character as long as he's acting out your personal vendettas? Because I see this sentiment a lot lately. People wanting to use Goku or Vegeta or Frieza as outlets for vengeance for characters they don't like.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:47 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Noah wrote: Exactly. I mean f*** that Saiyan compassion, Vegeta, f*** that you despise Freeza, he's on your team and you are fighting to live. Just let Cabba be punished like he deserves.
So it's fine for Vegeta to regress as a character or act out of character as long as he's acting out your personal vendettas? Because I see this sentiment a lot lately. People wanting to use Goku or Vegeta or Frieza as outlets for vengeance for characters they don't like.

Yeah I really don't get this attitude. Look we don't actually know if Vegeta will have to make a decision like this. But if he does it shouldn't be an easy one.

If it is a fair fight then no I don't think Vegeta would intervene against Freeza. But if he is literally torturing Cabba then I can see why Vegeta may come to a different decision than some fans on here.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:52 pm

It is need possible that Jiren's eyes aren't a weakness. He just uses them to look cool because he is so damn powerful. I just think that his eyes being a weakness would be a wonderful way for him to lose. Something different from the usual power up to win concept.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208