"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:54 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Bullza wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote: He designed Caulifla, Kale on the other hand, I feel was from Toyotaro.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Is that all we know is? So we don't even know for sure if Toriyama designed Jiren or Toppo? What about Ribrianne or even Goku's new form?
I don’t think he designed Jiren because his characters are typically a lot more fun to look at visually. Also just noticed that Caulifa actually looks a lot older on that design then how she’s drawn in the anime. Predicting Toyotaro makes Caulifa look older in the manga.
I'm not sure if he did either but it'd be so weird if he didn't.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:07 pm

Toyotaro's designs are typically a lot busier and harder to draw than Toriyama's; that reason alone is why I think Toriyama created Jiren's design. Maybe not his character (because there's so far nothing gag-like about Jiren; he's a by the books Toei movie character) but his physical appearance I think is by Toriyama.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Noah wrote:Exactly. I mean f*** that Saiyan compassion, Vegeta, f*** that you despise Freeza, he's on your team and you are fighting to live. Just let Cabba be punished like he deserves.
So it's fine for Vegeta to regress as a character or act out of character as long as he's acting out your personal vendettas? Because I see this sentiment a lot lately. People wanting to use Goku or Vegeta or Frieza as outlets for vengeance for characters they don't like.
Please, you talk like Vegeta wasn't like that any time in Super. It actually would be fine if he realizes he's fighting for Universe 7 and for his own sake.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Chuquita wrote:Toyotaro's designs are typically a lot busier and harder to draw than Toriyama's; that reason alone is why I think Toriyama created Jiren's design. Maybe not his character (because there's so far nothing gag-like about Jiren; he's a by the books Toei movie character) but his physical appearance I think is by Toriyama.
I believe Toyotaro made Kale for two reasons.
1. Broly fan service. Toyotaro is a fan of Broly, and brought him back to make him a sort of anti-hero in his AF doujinshi as Toyble.
2. Kale looks similar to Momo Yaoyorozu from BnHA - a series that Toyotaro mentioned to be a big fan of.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:44 pm

precita wrote:It's because they're forcing Ribrianne into almost every ep now. I didn't mind her when she first appeared, but just seeing her randomly fighting Goku or Vegeta in every ep has gotten repetitive. Especially since she more or less does the same thing every time she shows up.

I'm really hoping they're building up to something here, because I don't know why Ribrianne keeps getting all this focus since she's treated as a gag character. Maybe she'll get some new transformation?
Well Brianne was supposed to be a "fighter to watch out" along with Jiren and Kale, and she is the only one that isnt at least Blue level.
I could see her and Rosie interrupting the Goku vs Saiyan Girls fight, and dont be surprised if Goku is used as tool hype again but least he would have a good excuse(struggling with UI).

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:51 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Toyotaro's designs are typically a lot busier and harder to draw than Toriyama's; that reason alone is why I think Toriyama created Jiren's design. Maybe not his character (because there's so far nothing gag-like about Jiren; he's a by the books Toei movie character) but his physical appearance I think is by Toriyama.
I believe Toyotaro made Kale for two reasons.
1. Broly fan service. Toyotaro is a fan of Broly, and brought him back to make him a sort of anti-hero in his AF doujinshi as Toyble.
2. Kale looks similar to Momo Yaoyorozu from BnHA - a series that Toyotaro mentioned to be a big fan of.
I agree with this. 3rd reason; it fits with the halfway split where Toriyama did half the GoDs and Toyotaro did the other half. Having Toriyama create one saiyan girl and Toyotaro create the other matches that pattern.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:00 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
precita wrote:It's because they're forcing Ribrianne into almost every ep now. I didn't mind her when she first appeared, but just seeing her randomly fighting Goku or Vegeta in every ep has gotten repetitive. Especially since she more or less does the same thing every time she shows up.

I'm really hoping they're building up to something here, because I don't know why Ribrianne keeps getting all this focus since she's treated as a gag character. Maybe she'll get some new transformation?
Well Brianne was supposed to be a "fighter to watch out" along with Jiren and Kale, and she is the only one that isnt at least Blue level.
I could see her and Rosie interrupting the Goku vs Saiyan Girls fight, and dont be surprised if Goku is used as tool hype again but least he would have a good excuse(struggling with UI).
She still is one of the fighters to watch out for and Kale as well, just cause a new level of power was reached by Goku an shown by Jiren does not mean they can't do it either. Kale has the Legendary Beserker Blood Like Broly so that makes sense, just how she gets their is the question and for all its worth I really like Kale as well, so I hope for the best for her character.

Ribrianne is following the formula of the Magical Girl story arc and we just past the latest story point with episode 111, so her Avenue is by Transformation most likely.

But just like any good Story, the storyteller needs time to tell it, I don't want it rushed to get their, patience with its details and how it happens is what I am fan of, so let is flow the way the storyteller needs it too, no need to rush, we have rushed enough.

I also hope for the U4 Bugs to be in this class as well, the More Mega Powers we have the better. Even Vegeta I hope finds a way to stack-up as well, as well as Gohan. I am Open to all characters in most any development, when your open to all characters and their arcs, it is really a joy to watch them all! :thumbup: ;)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:08 pm

Brianne has the perfect gimmick to push her way beyond Blue level, I think she might transform after Rosie gets eliminated(or if she becomes the lone survivor of U2), in Sailor Moon Fashion.

I mentioned this hours ago, but imo Frieza will man up Cabba, in order to gain Vegetas trust, idk but I also believe Frieza would want U7 to form an alliance with U6 in order to take down Jiren. Frieza will witness or already witnessed the potential of the Saiyan Kids and should know they are useful :think:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:12 pm

I still think Ribrianne has at least one more transformation up her sleeve (whether she's aware of it or not). There's almost always a third tier of transformation in Precure that appears at the climax of each series.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:21 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Brianne has the perfect gimmick to push her way beyond Blue level, I think she might transform after Rosie gets eliminated(or if she becomes the lone survivor of U2), in Sailor Moon Fashion.

I mentioned this hours ago, but imo Frieza will man up Cabba, in order to gain Vegetas trust, idk but I also believe Frieza would want U7 to form an alliance with U6 in order to take down Jiren. Frieza will witness or already witnessed the potential of the Saiyan Kids and should know they are useful :think:
Chuquita wrote:I still think Ribrianne has at least one more transformation up her sleeve (whether she's aware of it or not). There's almost always a third tier of transformation in Precure that appears at the climax of each series.
I am honestly Beating on the NOT AWARE part Chuquita with a Mix her team being in trouble Perucho1990. :idea:

This is because that is usually the route Sailor Moon went and what I have seen of Precure so far it usually the same. Also it is much more dramatic, makes for a better story and it is basically the route of a Magical Girl Mega Upgrade. I am beating Ribrianne will max out her present form including her Butterfly form, be faced with a threat that is overwhelming her to the brink of defeat and in a need of power will transform and discover her new power.

It is called the Trial by Fire/Baptism of Blood moment.

I feel it will have a dramatic change in her character and what she will be going forward. If this happens I am Greatly Looking forward to this and how the story plays our for her Character and DB Super in General!
My #1 in DB!

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:35 pm

In Sailor Moon, the third transformation was Eternal Sailor Moon iirc.

If Brianne gets another transformation and becomes pretty, the people who dislike her will do a 180, :D

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:04 am

perucho1990 wrote:In Sailor Moon, the third transformation was Eternal Sailor Moon iirc.

If Brianne gets another transformation and becomes pretty, the people who dislike her will do a 180, :D
Indeed, Eternal was Sailor Moon's last form, but for a Time it was her Mega Form at the star of the Stars Season that took all the Sailor Combining their powers to form Eternal and My Favorite Form of Sailor Moon as well! :thumbup:

We could see a similar story arc here as well maybe, but I think more it will come from deep inside Brianne.

As for the look, I think it will have to be different but not to different from her either. Heck, it could be how she looks in her human form just in a Sailor/Precure style costume, that is a theory on that. It would be a perfect homage Sailor Moon Herself since when she Transforms she looks the same in either human or sailor form, it be the final homage to round out Brianne's intro Story Arc.

My #1 in DB!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:13 am

perucho1990 wrote: If Brianne gets another transformation and becomes pretty, the people who dislike her will do a 180, :D
Most who have voiced their dislike for her don't correlate it with her looks, don't think changing her looks is gonna do much for their change minds..

Besides part of her charm comes form her being a fatty..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:17 am

If she does transform again I'd laugh if she gets even fatter. Fat chicks don't finish last in Dragonball it seems.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:27 am

Jiren not having any gag doesn't mean he isn't Toriyama's character. And usually, Dragon Ball villains/rivals don't have many gags. Look at Hit, for example. He's just a stoic, badass assassin.
Jiren is basically a plot device to make Goku stronger right now. Toriyama needed someone strong for this tournament and he came up with Jiren. The arc isn't even over yet so maybe we will have a gag for Jiren too.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:56 am

perucho1990 wrote:In Sailor Moon, the third transformation was Eternal Sailor Moon iirc.

It clearly isn't based on looks because both Caulifla and Kale are hated too, but they aren't ugly.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:11 am

Next you'll be hearing "because people that hates them are sexist" or as someone pointed out before "it questions their masculinity" apparently you cant dislike a character because you're not a fan of their gig or they're not handled that well from ones perspective :roll:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:21 am

How is Jiren floating while meditating?
Isn't floating and flyingin one place the same thing?
You telling me his power transcends rules now?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:32 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Isn't floating and flyingin one place the same thing?
Levitation =/= flying.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:36 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Isn't floating and flyingin one place the same thing?
Levitation =/= flying.
So let me get this straight, it's okay to leveitate?
I don't think the rules are this fine set..

Also, I did mention flying in one place, I.e. not moving and just kinda hanging in there...
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.