"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:29 pm

RedHeat wrote:I dunno if this has been posted here or not, but apparently "dragonball18.com" domain was just registered so maybe a movie is coming soon.
We are due a movie. Perhaps something considered a side adventure like a trip to Sadala, at this point I'm sure we're all fed up of retellings we had 3 versions of BoG and now having 2 versions of each arc if you count the spin off DBS Manga. Enough is enough, heck I'd take a movie done like the old Z movies.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:We are due a movie. Perhaps something considered a side adventure like a trip to Sadala, at this point I'm sure we're all fed up of retellings we had 3 versions of BoG and now having 2 versions of each arc if you count the spin off DBS Manga. Enough is enough, heck I'd take a movie done like the old Z movies.
Surprise! It's Goku Black: The Movie! :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:34 pm

I like Rosé enough I wouldn't even mind if it's that.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
RedHeat wrote:I dunno if this has been posted here or not, but apparently "dragonball18.com" domain was just registered so maybe a movie is coming soon.
We are due a movie. Perhaps something considered a side adventure like a trip to Sadala, at this point I'm sure we're all fed up of retellings we had 3 versions of BoG and now having 2 versions of each arc if you count the spin off DBS Manga. Enough is enough, heck I'd take a movie done like the old Z movies.
Planet Salad movie?! Yes please!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:38 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:In Sailor Moon, the third transformation was Eternal Sailor Moon iirc.

If Brianne gets another transformation and becomes pretty, the people who dislike her will do a 180, :D
It clearly isn't based on looks because both Caulifla and Kale are hated too, but they aren't ugly.
This is why I don't give much create towards those sour notes from posters, all mainly on YouTube, who just focus on her looks as being the reason they don't likely her, never had legs to it. The dislike I found for Caulifla and Kale too seems at many times allot more worst then many other characters in Super right now, many new characters are getting a shafting to them, but Caulifla and Kale seem to get the worst out of it.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Noah wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:If Brianne gets another transformation and becomes pretty, the people who dislike her will do a 180, :D
You're quite wrong. She is not liked because of his appearance and yes because she's annoying.
I think the Main point need to be said it this ~~~~ Their are many of us that like Ribrianne and the Girls and that just fact and we are not going anywhere and not much of any amount of dislike for them will change our minds, only the story that is presented to us will do that either positive or negative.

Just myself, I really don't mind either that fans don't liking Ribrianne character, everyone character in History is not universally like, they all have their non-fans, that is justified realty. That is cool. Just when a debate comes up about her it is expect for us to have one.

The real point that gets strange to us her fans is that is gets over the top sometimes when some just keep harping on her character over and over not wanting to see her/to go away and we get it you don't like her, but expecting her not to be around or wanting her to go away is just not reality. Let her fans have her and those that are more independent towards most characters, others can enjoy who they enjoy, that is how this has always worked and their are plenty to enjoy. :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm sure it's just a design mishap that I'm misinterpreting, but how low that gloved Namekian's briefs fall...Universe 6 namekians don't reproduce asexually? :shock:
Slug was designed by Toriyama and he had a man buldge,so the slug look alike will have a buldge as well,thats the reason.
Not like it matters anyways,even if Piccolo has a peepee its not like he will start hitting on girls or something.
We need a filler episode centred around Piccolo 'hitting namekian puberty' :D
Gohan sends Piccolo to the highschool/university he is working on,now Gohan will be Piccolo's sensei and teach him about girls all he wants.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:01 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:We are due a movie. Perhaps something considered a side adventure like a trip to Sadala, at this point I'm sure we're all fed up of retellings we had 3 versions of BoG and now having 2 versions of each arc if you count the spin off DBS Manga. Enough is enough, heck I'd take a movie done like the old Z movies.
I would fly out to Japan and watch that on release day.

Real talk: If this is the implication they're gearing up for a movie, I want it to centre around the new generation (Oob, Pan and Bra) taking up the mantle of Earth's mightiest warriors.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:12 pm

I really want an arc set on Sadala instead of a movie but if a movie is all I can get I'll take it!

Movie is great for better animation but it also means a longer wait to see it. And sometimes character moments are sacrificed in movies (although the BOG film did pretty good with this but that's more the exception than the rule).

Hopefully if there is a movie it is a new story and not a retelling of an arc from Super because Japan does love to do that.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Whatever wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Whatever wrote: Slug was designed by Toriyama and he had a man buldge,so the slug look alike will have a buldge as well,thats the reason.
Not like it matters anyways,even if Piccolo has a peepee its not like he will start hitting on girls or something.
We need a filler episode centred around Piccolo 'hitting namekian puberty' :D
Gohan sends Piccolo to the highschool/university he is working on,now Gohan will be Piccolo's sensei and teach him about girls all he wants.
Gohan: Okay, Piccolo; Where do babies come from?
Piccolo: Vomit Eggs.
Gohan: Oh god...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:25 pm

I'd rather Planet Salad be an actual dbs weekly arc, but I'm at the point where I've lost so much hope for that Goku and Vegeta field trip happening that I'll gladly take it in condensed movie format instead of that's the only way I'll get it.

Also, a new movie is something fresh and new to talk about that isn't the ToP! :mrgreen: Makes me so happy to have something like that finally!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:38 pm

Chuquita wrote:Planet Salad movie?! Yes please!
This. I need more Caulifla and Goku dynamics.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:44 pm

Goku & Vegeta need to bring their families to Planet Sadala for a family vacation...Saiyan style :D

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:56 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Kanassa wrote: We need a filler episode centred around Piccolo 'hitting namekian puberty' :D
Gohan: Okay, Piccolo; Where do babies come from?
Piccolo: Vomit Eggs.
Gohan: Oh god...
Gohan makes the realisation that Piccolo was not present at his birth.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:19 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Sign me up for that! I'm a big Black fan so a remake in movie format would be a blessing in disguise, who knows maybe the direction it’ll take is adapting the manga version, would love to see SSJB Goku hakai and SSJG Vegeta “despite my early hate for SSJG Vegeta its still cool” downside is, Toyo’s Black sucks hard.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:38 pm

Real talk: A new movie should be about Dabura, his sister and the Demon realm. It's perfect for a movie story.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:49 pm

If its a movie then from a marketing standpoint I could see them finally do a Planet Salada adventure, with Caulifla, Kale and Cabba as main protagonists, of course Goku and Vegeta should be in the movie too, part of the main cast although more as support characters(like how Naruto and Sasuke were in the Boruto movie).

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Looks like dragonball2019.com and dragonball2020.com were registered too... :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:
Feels over Reals.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:18 pm

RedHeat wrote:Looks like dragonball2019.com and dragonball2020.com were registered too... :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:
Hm... a series of movies planned just in case the first is successful? In all honesty I hope the movies have nothing to do with Super's plot just like the Z films. They have tons of universes plus Broly (of course) so they have a lot of material for movies.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Xeztin wrote:
RedHeat wrote:Looks like dragonball2019.com and dragonball2020.com were registered too... :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:
Hm... a series of movies planned just in case the first is successful? In all honesty I hope the movies have nothing to do with Super's plot just like the Z films. They have tons of universes plus Broly (of course) so they have a lot of material for movies.
Could also just be domain squatters grabbing up URLs in hopes of making money off them later too.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:43 pm

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but how does domain names being registered equal to movies being officially planned?
Especially considering 3 subsequent years are registered..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker