"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by shadowmaria » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:28 am

Michsi wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:Made this post in another thread, but wanted to bring the discussion to a wider audience;

Been talking with a friend, it's entirely possible that the new super warrior is Zalama

With only five competitors remaining for Universe 6, and Pirina and Saoneru are currently engaging in battle with Piccolo and Gohan and will likely be eliminated by Universe 7

With Cabba, Caulifla, and Kale also getting focus in the next few weeks - along with the title of Episode 113 - leads me to believe that Universe 6 are going by 114

However, as per Master Zuno, the Super Dragon Ball's are housed in Universe 6 and 7. Just like we saw with Obuni's locket, if Universe 6 or 7 go, the Super Dragon Ball's should also go.

This could cause Zarama to descend amongst the chaos of three or four of the Super Dragon Ball's being erased (not all of them, because plot reasons)
It's an interesting theory and I do think Zarama will make an appearance at some point, but I don't know if it will be for this reason. If I recall correctly, it's not the universe itself that gets erased but the living beings inside of it. I think Whis looked at U9 after they got erased and noted that it was 'empty'. That could mean that the Dragon Balls themselves remain unaffected.
Beerus asks Whis about it, and Whis' exact words are "Oh my! Everything went completely bye-bye", according to the CR subs

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:33 am

shadowmaria wrote: Beerus asks Whis about it, and Whis' exact words are "Oh my! Everything went completely bye-bye", according to the CR subs
Everything or everyone? I seem to recall something that made me think of an empty universe. I can't check it myself right now, sadly.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:58 am

I'm looking forward to Gohan and Piccolo kicking the U6 Namekians asses. 8)

These next couple of episodes I'm looking forward too a lot actually, more Cabba and Vegeta & Caulifla and Goku. Though I'm not too keen on more Kale shenanigans, now they got #100 out their system hopefully it won't be too bad.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:13 am

U6 is down to the 3 Saiyans and 2 Namekians, and they all happen to be fighting U7 opponents the next 3 episodes what could possibly go wrong :lol:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:33 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I'm looking forward to Gohan and Piccolo kicking the U6 Namekians asses. 8)

These next couple of episodes I'm looking forward too a lot actually, more Cabba and Vegeta & Caulifla and Goku. Though I'm not too keen on more Kale shenanigans, now they got #100 out their system hopefully it won't be too bad.
I do wish they'd switch it up a bit and have Cabba interact with Goku. I don't think they've said more than 5 lines to each other.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:47 am

*Reads How will Goku handle these tough saiyan opponents?* No, DELETE that! they're baby soft saiyans! I easily get triggered by the smallest things about Kale and Cauli nowadays.. I need a break.
BlueBasilisk wrote: I do wish they'd switch it up a bit and have Cabba interact with Goku. I don't think they've said more than 5 lines to each other.
Likewise, guess they just prefer the Cabba X Vegeta and Cauli X Goku stuffs, I can imagine Goku and Cabba having a good interaction that may even benefit Cabba, but imagine Vegeta and Cauli... and I want Kale to have an actual interaction (not her Broly SON GOKUUUU shit, that was just cringe) with any of our U7 saiyans rather than hiding behind Cauli all the damn time.
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:50 am

Yedis wrote:U6 is down to the 3 Saiyans and 2 Namekians, and they all happen to be fighting U7 opponents the next 3 episodes what could possibly go wrong :lol:
The new super warrior will probably be connected to Universe 6.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:55 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I'm looking forward to Gohan and Piccolo kicking the U6 Namekians asses. 8)

I do wish they'd switch it up a bit and have Cabba interact with Goku. I don't think they've said more than 5 lines to each other.
Eh, I feel like the current pairings seem perfect wouldn't be as interesting if they swapped in my opinion, like I can't see anything interesting coming out Goku and Cabba interacting like at the beginning of the ToP where they just said hi to each other.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:00 am

Sooo..Caulifla and Kale are idiots who dont want Jiren to be beaten. Confirmed.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:04 am

SansrivaaL wrote: *Reads How will Goku handle these tough saiyan opponents?* No, DELETE that! they're baby soft saiyans! .
OMG I love this :lol:

They're probably going to show far more power than people would want them to have. I know I'm starting to sound like the boy who cried wolf, but I'm going to say it again: fusion ?

That you have someone, a saiyan no less, acknowledge being at a disadvantage and calling for back up is great, but seeing as Caulifla is supposed to mirror Goku in a way, I could still see them write in an one on one fight. And yes, Goku would definitely teach them the fusion technique.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:10 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Sooo..Caulifla and Kale are idiots who dont want Jiren to be beaten. Confirmed.
Tsunderes are not idiots
They are misunderstood
- Buddha

I would say Cauliflowa is the most unlikable cunt to come out of the franchise but she will soon be getting a second chance because of Toyotaro, maybe it's simply a matter of bad characterization on Toie's part, it doesn't necessarily need to be played out this way because that'll be just odd..
SansrivaaL wrote: *Reads How will Goku handle these tough saiyan opponents?* No, DELETE that! they're baby soft saiyans! I easily get triggered by the smallest things about Kale and Cauli nowadays.. I need a break.
Naah fam, they are absolute fucking nightmare, even worse than a tsunamidere encounter..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:11 am

Michsi wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: *Reads How will Goku handle these tough saiyan opponents?* No, DELETE that! they're baby soft saiyans! .

They're probably going to show far more power than people would want them to have. I know I'm starting to sound like the boy who cried wolf, but I'm going to say it again: fusion ?

That you have someone, a saiyan no less, acknowledge being at a disadvantage and calling for back up is great, but seeing as Caulifla is supposed to mirror Goku in a way, I could still see them write in an one on one fight. And yes, Goku would definitely teach them the fusion technique.
Looking at these spoilers and what was written in episode 114 summary I actually think that the information about Kale going Berserk was just a recap of episode 113 as they sometimes do that in the episode summaries.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:11 am

Michsi wrote: OMG I love this :lol:

I bet she challenges him in hopes of learning a new transformation or technique. Got her hooked by mentioning Super Saiyan 3 and "that blue thing" :lol:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:14 am

Michsi wrote:

The siayans have been at a disadvantage and had backup serveral times throughout the series
The goku and kid buu fight comes to mind..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:16 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Michsi wrote:

The siayans have been at a disadvantage and had backup serveral times throughout the series
The goku and kid buu fight comes to mind..
The fact that cauliflowa is having trouble with Goku who just fought Jiren is shameful enough, didn't one of the spoilers say he couldn't even go a SS while fighting her?
You just described why this fight is stupid as they have no chance of beating Goku.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:25 am

Ki Breaker wrote: The siayans have been at a disadvantage and had backup serveral times throughout the series

Yeah, but really, really reluctantly. At least at first. They need to be made aware of how much the odds are against them, and it seems that will be the case with Caulifla if the summary is any indication. And seeing that the there is a general consensus that the new fighter might be female ....
And yes, I know it looks bald, but I'm guessing some revealing traits got erased from the outline so as to not give too much away, but the anatomy still seems to lean towards feminine.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:33 am

Michsi wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: The siayans have been at a disadvantage and had backup serveral times throughout the series..
Yeah, but really, really reluctantly. At least at first. They need to be made aware of how much the odds are against them, and it seems that will be the case Caulifla. And seeing that the there is a general consensus that the new fighter might be female ....
And yes, I know it looks bald, but I'm guessing some revealing traits got erased from the outline so as to not give too much away, but the anatomy still seems to lean towards feminine.
The figure is just a placeholder for what's to come, concluding anything form it is not really recommend..
For all we know only the baldness stays in the actual character as the trait and everything changes..

As for Cauliflowa calling for backup isn't all that surprising, frankly she hasn't shown any pride yet, show her a new transformation and she will be up in your face asking for it, if she did that to Vegeta she wouldn't be in the ring right now..
This character only shares race with the saiyans we know and respect..

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:36 am

Spoilers don't mention if Cabba were out like with Hit. Could go either way for him in the next episode

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:38 am

Big Black Saiyan wrote:Spoilers don't mention if Cabba were out like with Hit. Could go either way for him in the next episode
They haven't mentioned much of anything the last two weeks. WSJ getting stingy with details. :lol:

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:40 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Big Black Saiyan wrote:Spoilers don't mention if Cabba were out like with Hit. Could go either way for him in the next episode
They haven't mentioned much of anything the last two weeks. WSJ getting stingy with details. :lol:
Sometimes they flat out lie or just spoil something upfront. Lol